PDA

View Full Version : What the hell....

Paul Crivea
01-20-2014, 08:06 AM
The current PVP season ends.. i log in with a minute to spare.. I'm at 9%... as I click to claim my prize..I find I've lost 20%... and I'm unable to see how the hell, if it was an attack or something else... Talking about a BS move....

Brian Rooney
01-20-2014, 08:43 AM
The current PVP season ends.. i log in with a minute to spare.. I'm at 9%... as I click to claim my prize..I find I've lost 20%... and I'm unable to see how the hell, if it was an attack or something else... Talking about a BS move....
This is one reason why I gave up on the Tournaments...

Mathieu Poteaux
01-20-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry for you, but it's not really surprising .. alot of players are waiting the last minutes to win some fights, it's a secure way to prevent the fall.
It's kinda the same system as auctions limited in time, everybody is betting at the last second ..

Ronald Richard
01-20-2014, 06:13 PM
But it's keep getting harder and harder to obtain the grandmaster rank. Today, i got a really close call on getting it. Just a few points above the limit. Usually, i managed to keep about 100 points from the minimum amount of points to get grandmaster rank. Not to mention that the amount of battles i did in the last tournament are by far the biggest among all previous tournament. I have to go though more than 200 battles. I'm started to worry about the next tournament.

Mathieu Poteaux
01-20-2014, 09:15 PM
But it's keep getting harder and harder to obtain the grandmaster rank. Today, i got a really close call on getting it. Just a few points above the limit. Usually, i managed to keep about 100 points from the minimum amount of points to get grandmaster rank. Not to mention that the amount of battles i did in the last tournament are by far the biggest among all previous tournament. I have to go though more than 200 battles. I'm started to worry about the next tournament.

From my point of view you were profiting of the old system, all you had to do was playing the minimum requested duels and you were sur to have the prizes two weeks after ... i don't think it's how it is supposed to be.
I was struggling with more than 600 fights with previous seasons, and still i was unable to achieve best prizes. I was seeing people with 60 fights in the top 1% and it was really getting on my nerves, specially when they were kinda low lvl.
Now at least you really have to struggle to earn the best prize, seems normal to me.

Paul Crivea
01-20-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry for you, but it's not really surprising .. alot of players are waiting the last minutes to win some fights, it's a secure way to prevent the fall.
It's kinda the same system as auctions limited in time, everybody is betting at the last second ..

That would be acceptable.. if I'd actually been in a fight.. or someone had attacked me.. the screen popped up.. said I had lost -20% and had been attacked 0 times. I couldn't get in to see anything.. as the next round of PVP popped in...

Ronald Richard
01-21-2014, 06:00 PM
From my point of view you were profiting of the old system, all you had to do was playing the minimum requested duels and you were sur to have the prizes two weeks after ... i don't think it's how it is supposed to be.
I was struggling with more than 600 fights with previous seasons, and still i was unable to achieve best prizes. I was seeing people with 60 fights in the top 1% and it was really getting on my nerves, specially when they were kinda low lvl.
Now at least you really have to struggle to earn the best prize, seems normal to me.

No, that's not the case. The reason why i was struggling now is because the lower level players start to catch up with me, since i already stuck at the top because it's hard to raise evo center level. Also, back then, i possess quite a good amount of gold mutants, compared to other low leveled players. But now, they start to have a lot of gold mutants, and have a better team, so it's getting harder to beat them. It's not that i don't want to do many battles in the old system. It's because i don't need to. Back then, i can win most of my battles, and only lose a few. But now, i get more losses due to the fact that the opponents are getting stronger.

As for system changes, i actually prefer the new one, since i can make a better prediction of my opponent's power.