PDA

View Full Version : Continuous Battle Arena

Kenneth Pocaigue
04-06-2016, 10:37 PM
First off I am going to say, this Fame update sucks!!! I hate it!! Even though it fits my play style so perfectly by allowing me to comfortably do more in between each fame.. Now thats out of the way, lets move onto my Proposition..

Continuous Battle Arena!! What is it? A Player versus Environment (PvE) type mode that skips the many many many screens we normally have to go through in between each fight... A player picks one tag before starting the challenge, then fights their way through the arena without pause until they have beaten a set number of teams. The teams can be either random or set... Random is better since set teams can be logged and then the process can be redone too easily.. Or both... random 9 teams with a set team on battle 10... after 10 battles a player can get their tag list back to choose a next tag to utilise throughout the next 10 fights... or just continue without repicking... but they cannot change their team (IMPORTANT).. After each battle their team is healed by 30% max health, and then after 10 battles they get the option to heal using their medkits up to full (IMPORTANT)
This Arena can come with up to 6 Divisions, rewarding a good amount of credits and/or gold depending on the division completed.. can go up to 100 fights, with the 6th division continuing indefinitely (so basically when the player decides to quit).. The Opponent pool can start off from normal, to secret, to pvp, to legends, to Heroics with exclusives thrown in there where their power is relevant.
1st Division: Basic Mutants
2nd Division: Bronze
3rd Division: Silver
4th Division: Gold
5th Division: Platinum
6th Division: All Versions with increasing difficulty per 5 fights (opponent pools changing slightly per interval)
ALL DIVISIONS SHOULD SCALE TO PLAYER EVO LEVEL

At the end of the run, a player is awarded with Fame, Exp, and Credits based on how many fights completed. In order to avoid abusing this feature too much for any particular reward, All rewards should be at reduced values..
***EXAMPLE: Evo 106 gold mutant offers 840 exp in campaign (2520 for a team of 3) and 11,300 credits(33,900 per team).. Then a 4th division fight against evo 106 would award 336 (1008 exp and fame per team) and 4,520 Credits (13,560 per team)..***

At certain intervals a player can be awarded a set amount of BETTER rewards as a first clear bonus (one time only).. Example: 50 fights cleared in first division would give 10 gold as a bonus, 50 gold on 100 fights cleared..
2nd Division: 50 gold (50 fights) 100 gold(100 fights)
3rd Division: 100 gold (50 Fights) 200 gold (100 fights)
4th Division: 200 gold (50 fights) 500 gold + 1 Forge (100 fights)
5th Division: 500 gold (50 fights) 1000 gold + 1 Furnace (100 fights)
6th division: Completely different reward system... None on first completion, but based on progress at periodic intervals (like seasons for PvP)

Finally, IF YOU EXIT ANY OF THE FIGHTS AT ANY TIME YOU CANNOT RESUME!! You have to go through it again from Fight 1 all the way up to 100 if you are farming... or if you farm in the 6th division for seasonal rewards, you have to make it to designated win counts IN a single run for it to count at the end of season...

Anyways... If you liked the idea, then comment below... if you did not like it, comment below... ALL criticism is welcome!! Thanks for reading!!

Klofak
04-07-2016, 09:05 AM
I like the idea - good thinking there

Shadowmaster023
04-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Very Good idea, for me it is amazing; but i Think that many players don't agree with you. Probably cause this arena' system becomes too complicated TO understand....
I think it can bore the less experienced players and I do not think kabojo grant these awards.... But if i had TO be wrong, i'll be very very very very happy for this idea :)

Kenneth Pocaigue
04-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Very Good idea, for me it is amazing; but i Think that many players don't agree with you. Probably cause this arena' system becomes too complicated TO understand....
I think it can bore the less experienced players and I do not think kabojo grant these awards.... But if i had TO be wrong, i'll be very very very very happy for this idea :)

Please elaborate, which part seems complicated? Thank you for commenting :)

Michael Garde
04-08-2016, 02:34 AM
wow you put some thought into... I like the idea. As i've been playing for a while now (only fame 77 tho) i am starting to crave some more variation in the fights..
hope they take notice of this, personally i doubt they would implement it as you have spelled it out but the arena battle sounds awesome...
one thing tho where you said if you leave you have to start from level 1. I do agree but as I rather frequent suffer "power fluctuations" and the game drops out and i have to refresh going back to level 1 just for that would suck!

Kenneth Pocaigue
04-08-2016, 03:06 AM
wow you put some thought into... I like the idea. As i've been playing for a while now (only fame 77 tho) i am starting to crave some more variation in the fights..
hope they take notice of this, personally i doubt they would implement it as you have spelled it out but the arena battle sounds awesome...
one thing tho where you said if you leave you have to start from level 1. I do agree but as I rather frequent suffer "power fluctuations" and the game drops out and i have to refresh going back to level 1 just for that would suck!

That is unfortunately outside the realm of Kobojos control, so sadly they would be under no obligations to directly remedy that problem.. However, It could be possible to implement a *hold battle* or *pause* feature that activates upon sudden disconnections which would save the battles current progress for up to 3 minutes, but would also ask whether the player would like to continue when the game is loaded up once again. The continuance request would of course have to negate ALL other features INCLUDING healing over time to prevent abuse of the safety mechanic.. Meaning a player would have to either resume the fight, or quit to regain any functionality of the game... Of Course, this isnt exactly a necessary addition to the feature since Kobojo did release an official statement that said MGG requires a strong connection to be played and enjoyed to the fullest... So they literally have no obligation at all to put a safety net... But I thank you for giving me something to consider upon future suggestions :)