PDA

View Full Version : Help For All

AirHawk
06-30-2016, 06:01 PM
[EDIT AZA: please do not advertise paying services here.]

Asking permition for the admin.

I've read all the rules of the forum and I believe nothing wrong is being done.

I found a webpage where anyone can get the stats of a mutant at a given evolution level from the evolution level-1 of your mutant.

You have to pay for every query (or buy multiple queries codes).

Also from time to time, you can find "free codes" that are valid for 2 queries.

I use this stats to compare my Mutants before leveling them up and finding that they are only useful for the Bingo or for collecting them.

Hope someone finds this as helpful as I do.

Best wishes.

gWorldz
07-01-2016, 04:22 AM
I personally hope no one uses that, in my opinion it just takes advantage of people and isn't much better than scamming or hacking someone. Charging for basic math calculations that often do not round properly because each mutant has at least 2 sets of stats for Power and Health and both are accurate.

Just my opinion but I'd consider this violation of Rule 9

9. Any attempt of ADVERTISING A HACK SITE will get be permanently BANNED from the Forum and In-game.

... but I would have worded Rule 9 differently.

9b. Any attempt of ADVERTISING will get the post deleted with a WARNING and repeated attempts getting BANNED from the Forum and In-game.

I used to get my post removed by siting wiki links back in 2014 so I don't know how they enforce things now but because of that and Facebook scams I have started looking at things from a "Holier than thou" attitude and see someone taking advantage of new players by asking for them to monetize their use of a calculator for them. I just see your post as more or less free advertising for a site that relies on taking advantage of young players that know no better and are sneaking use of mommy and daddy's credit card .... once again opinionated since my 10 and 12 year old children have both done this to me.

As you said and I agree your post doesn't violate the rules but the rules IMO should be modified to encompass this and prevent it from being posted.

AirHawk
07-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Hi gWorldz

Thanks for your point of view.

Brandon Charles
07-02-2016, 01:30 AM
Sorry AirHawk but I agree with gWorldz 150% on this, paying for simple calculations is a scam. Between the Mutopedia and a calculator this is something anybody can do for free with minimal effort, not to mention you could just ask somebody here on the forum as there are plenty of very experienced players who are usually willing to part knowledge for no charge (there isn't a single mutant that anyone on this forum doesn't have). I hope you did not accept any agreements and give them your credit card number as you would have probably just become a victim of theft/fraud; unless you are a crook from the mentioned site. This is indeed a blatant disregard for the no advertising rule and I highly encourage anyone to refrain from using such websites.

AirHawk
07-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Hi Brandon,

Thank you too for your point of view and thanks for worrying about me. No, I did not accept any agreements, as I used the free codes the webpage gives from time to time. What I actually did, was test before saying something is bad.

The "No advertising rule" is for hacks, and this is clearly not a hack, is a tool and should be treated as that. You can't blame this tool if a kid sneak uses mommy or daddy's credit card as you can't blame a knife if you cut yourself.

By the way, if anyone tries to pay for a code, it uses Paypal. Again, I didn't payed, but tested.

Brandon Charles
07-05-2016, 03:31 AM
Indeed this is not a hack site, my bad. Just looking out for players incase it was scamming. I guess if you wanted to use such a service you could, just be mindful of third party MGG assistance since there will no doubt be others of potentially more nefarious motives.

[K] Aza
07-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Hey guys,

As much as I would love to see such a tool in a free version, I consider this to be advertising for a paying service and therefor against our rules and regulations (not just the forum rules).
Therefor I'm closing this thread and deleting the links to the service in question.

I do not believe you should have to pay to see that type of information as players could, helping each other to achieve this, quite easily create a similar database of heroes with their stats at every level.

Best regards,
James [Aza]