PDA

View Full Version : [Question] what is the Mutant with the Best Start ?

Den Abn
07-07-2016, 08:28 AM
i wanna know about the mutant with best starter ,so i can buy it for my defense team .

dont tell me they are all balance caz they dont.
(buranka and britany dont count caz they only deal spread damage ).

Garfunckel
07-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Do you mean best "stats" or just a good mutant to get to start leveling up so you can progress?

Brandon Charles
07-08-2016, 12:56 AM
If you don't mind waiting for the shop to cycle there are lots of great mutants to buy from the shop. Not sure if I would really recommend anything in the shop right now though, Maybe lady Liberty or another one of those american mutants? Buy yourself a Muddypeat and/or a lightning speed mutant if you get the chance. There are some decent reactor mutants out right now like Galactic Guardian, Thor and Sir Puggington that would make great defense additions.

Den Abn
07-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Yeah thank guy . but i dont ask for a good defense team ,i wanna know which mutant have best starting point.

Bert Huylebroeck
07-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Maybe nobody understands what you mean by starting point.
If you mean the fastest:
Speed 12,66: Ceres & Pugnisher
Speed 12,5: Project X27, Rack and Ruin & Wind Spirit

Brandon Charles
07-08-2016, 08:17 PM
lol you misunderstood me I was recommending 5+ mutants for a starter not a team. The 6 genes ensure that no mutant is "the best" but you might like Muddypeat, it's a powerhouse and many players have a hard time beating it.

Den Abn
07-09-2016, 05:22 AM
lol you misunderstood me I was recommending 5+ mutants for a starter not a team. The 6 genes ensure that no mutant is "the best" but you might like Muddypeat, it's a powerhouse and many players have a hard time beating it.

yeah that right! u know what im talking about . a mutant that stronger than it nomaly should be (sorry for bad english)

but i need more . giv me more ...............

Bert Huylebroeck
07-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Totally overpowered and should be nerfed = Muddypeat (but not for sale now)
A bit overpowered but within limits: Tengu (you can only get him when you have all 36 basics in gold), Buranka (Spread attack wih curse, disaster is you're facing 3 saber retaliates), Brittany (also spread attack and adjacent genes, but heavy attack)

None of them are for sale, but almost all other are almost as good as above (except muddypeat) and it's better to have the right mutants to counter you opponent.

Faugn Xoosef
07-10-2016, 05:33 AM
Muddypeat - effing OP and kobojo has no plans of nerfing it for now, there thats all you need to have

Den Abn
07-10-2016, 07:22 AM
im sure there's still more . giv me more !

Brandon Charles
07-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Try Chimera out.

Bert Huylebroeck
07-10-2016, 08:14 PM
Try Chimera out.

How is Chimera in any way overpowered? Almost all units with speed 3.7 have 442 as base attack (non stars). He is retaliate (wich is better as wound with that speed), but 15% wich is the same as almost every other retaliate mutant. Chimera has only 1 good thing: It can be used , according to some people, as counter for Muddypeat. Still to be tested.

This game is about balance, so there should be NO overpowered mutants. Many different ones and for every mutant, there should be many answers. So it comes down to tactics.

Brandon Charles
07-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Didn't say Chimera was over powered, the poster asked for good mutants to start with. Chimera is good so I recommended it.

Bert Huylebroeck
07-10-2016, 10:46 PM
Didn't say Chimera was over powered, the poster asked for good mutants to start with. Chimera is good so I recommended it.

He asked for mutants who are stronger then they should be. Chimera is like it should be.

Brandon Charles
07-10-2016, 11:26 PM
Sorry my bad, I was overthinking his question; I thought he wanted a list of good mutants not a list of OP mutants. I hope this thread doesn't become another http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?14124-Discussion-Muddypeat-s-stats thread as there isn't anything else the general public considers equal to Muddypeat even though there are some honourable mentions that might become accessible before MP is re-released in the shop. [K]Allen said the team will observe the situation over time; until then I recommend anyone who has an issue pull a page out of Stephen King's "Shawshank Redemption" and write them 1 letter every single day until something changes.

Back to original topic: The shop recently released Platinum Ghost Killer, Gold Asaylan for sale as well as that silver Gozer. I got a really good feeling about Asaylan and think I might go try it out but Gozer might just be good too and platinums are nice to have, especially when starting out.

Rodrigo Matos
07-11-2016, 03:52 AM
He asked for mutants who are stronger then they should be. Chimera is like it should be.

Chimera was the mutant with most life of the game before the Wynn launch. And his speed is 3.7, not 3.23, 3.33, 3.45 etc.

Chimera is not overpowered, but it has better stats than other legendary mutants (there are exceptions).

Den Abn
07-11-2016, 04:30 AM
Yes .finaly !
Chimera is a mutant with Very high health , it problaly gonna survai till it turn .it a bit better than other mutant .Used alot on Tag and defense team .
(sr for bad english) . Cmon need more........... Morrreeee!!!!

Faugn Xoosef
07-11-2016, 11:06 AM
grannyvore and apex have stats above normal conpared to to others of the same speed. but you have MP, forming a solid team wont be much of an issue

Bert Huylebroeck
07-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I finally found a forumula to compare mutants wich eachother and when I fill in the numbers (speed, life points and attack) I see that almost every unit from the 7th grid gets a score of 102-103 (99,9 or 100 is the score of almost every legendary unit before that, exceptions are buranka, brittany, muddy). So the makers of this game have decided to make most the new mutants a bit stronger. This is logic, because otherwise there would be no reason to buy new units. But scores are not that different. Chimera is indeed also a 103,8, Wynn is a 102,3, Cosmopanda is 103,9, Football is 103,8
This tool does not take the ability into effect. Tengu for example is a 99,9 but his retaliate is 40% instead of 15%.

I tested all legendary units from grid 1 and all of them had 99,9 or 100,0 as score.
When you want a good starter that is for sale. I would say football because he has curse at speed 6,25 and a score of 103,8.
Granny is 102,9 but disaster against cyber with his zoomorph, saber gene
Apex is 100,0

Brandon Charles
07-11-2016, 03:04 PM
I finally found a forumula to compare mutants wich eachother and when I fill in the numbers (speed, life points and attack) I see that almost every unit from the 7th grid gets a score of 102-103 (99,9 or 100 is the score of almost every legendary unit before that, exceptions are buranka, brittany, muddy). So the makers of this game have decided to make most the new mutants a bit stronger. This is logic, because otherwise there would be no reason to buy new units. But scores are not that different. Chimera is indeed also a 103,8, Wynn is a 102,3, Cosmopanda is 103,9, Football is 103,8
This tool does not take the ability into effect. Tengu for example is a 99,9 but his retaliate is 40% instead of 15%.

I tested all legendary units from grid 1 and all of them had 99,9 or 100,0 as score.
When you want a good starter that is for sale. I would say football because he has curse at speed 6,25 and a score of 103,8.
Granny is 102,9 but disaster against cyber with his zoomorph, saber gene
Apex is 100,0

Going to try this out before I make purchases, could be handy!