PDA

View Full Version : The Red/Yellow Meta

Brerman
08-18-2016, 01:24 PM
PvP (for me) has gotten rather frustrating. Most players I face are utilizing the Horis and Torr combo that can eliminate one of my heroes almost immediately after placing them on the field. The low cool down and good damage makes these two almost indispensable. With this sort of direct damage, many players seem to be opting for Squy to deal big damage to your board and Hiru or Shura to further beat you down. Apart from Squy, all these heroes have low cost and can be used twice in a turn if enough matches are made.

Seeing this over and over has caused me to try new things to counter. The safest (and most boring) option is to try and wait them out and hold off on summoning your heroes. The biggest problem here is if they have Squy, they can get an advantage in damage and force you to play a hero to try and make some ground back.

As far as hero choices go, health buff options can give some sustain against the impact damage. Bane, Masha, Moris and Borg can all pump up their allies and build defenses against the huge damage of Torr, but still not effective against Squy as his damage is high enough to still kill even buffed units.

A solid option seems to be baiting the Torr and Horis combo out with a hero that appears juicy, like Huron. You can deal considerable damage with his attack and his two square size might tempt the player into placing the yellow bash brothers next to each other. Should this happen you can respond with Karg (or Erys), and get some great damage onto the pair. Placing Bane away from this and using his skill to get buffed units can help creating a chain to lay into those jerks.

My success has been limited so far. The Yellow and Red damage is almost too high right now, and energy cost low. Anybody else have some thoughts?

Lord Stark
08-18-2016, 04:49 PM
I have a solution to that already. I love seeing red/yellows now. Its an extremely good team but the fights will last extremely long. I think my longest was 25+ minutes. Message me, ill share my team with you, im not ready to make it public but i feel your frustration

Skunkix
08-18-2016, 08:03 PM
I dont have much problem with them maybe my matchmaking isnt high but they have less than 200hp. Shura can cast 2times in a turn and it mades a minimum of 80 each and healers too . Owl lady in a good spot can get these guys have a great plus damage. Bane almost make 1 op unit on eah lane. I use healers cuz they are kinda tanky and good damage makers. But take in mind i use to summon 3 or 4 heros at once, dont worth getting they be killed by once.

I got killed my times by lucky Hurons or Hirus. People have so much luck.

Meo
08-18-2016, 08:53 PM
I also don't mind this. I use my own Torr to lure them out. It costs less than 200HP but next round I'm usually able to take out their Torr. Horis really is rather useless after one use if you think about it.

I want that guy that reinforces the front line with more health (I fought someone with him and he seemed rather useful for a healer).

Skunkix
08-18-2016, 09:40 PM
I also don't mind this. I use my own Torr to lure them out. It costs less than 200HP but next round I'm usually able to take out their Torr. Horis really is rather useless after one use if you think about it.

I want that guy that reinforces the front line with more health (I fought someone with him and he seemed rather useful for a healer).

Yeah it appears to be a nice hero. Its a common one so it appears to be easily looted for chest (lvl 13 unlocks it)

WizardTime
08-19-2016, 01:22 AM
Don't try to save your heroes, just steam roll over the top. Maximise your mana gains by using every match to add mana to your heroes, so you can use them more often in a fight. Check out my channel.. I just use a balanced setup and try to focus on cascades to make sure i output more damage than my opponent. Don't have any trouble with the pure nuke/AoE combos when playing this way.. https://youtu.be/p7hln8aXfPA

Lord Stark
08-19-2016, 03:05 AM
wanted to watch your video but it was really bad quality, not sure if its the recording button in the game or what but its not easy to watch. try to find out the problem, would love to watch other peoples matches. I use my Galaxy S7's built in game recorder, the video came out clear. ill link you when it uploads.

Its also a video for Anti Nuke teams. at least 60% of opponents rage quit and the team is 90% win ratio for me

Skunkix
08-19-2016, 03:57 AM
Well you can always try to emulate a phone on the PC and stream from there. I think its legal(i mean, not baneable) to do that. Its that correct James?

Lord Stark
08-19-2016, 04:41 AM
Excuse my comment about Wizards video. His video wasnt running on 480p for some reason. Its clear on 480p.

Heres my Anti nuke team (Anti horus/torr spam)
https://youtu.be/dI2HrtLJ0GM

VitalyPitt
08-19-2016, 03:40 PM
I don't put heroes to the board too early. Wait when the opponent does it, and then demolish him/her.

Vidra
08-19-2016, 06:43 PM
I've met a lot of peoples doing that. It's very funny to see each other's hero bars completely full but none on the board ... :D
I don't exactly mind it, but maybe a balance tweak wouldn't do bad.

Lord Stark
08-19-2016, 10:29 PM
Depends on your team. My team needs to get on the board as soon as possible

Mi10n
08-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Depends on your team. My team needs to get on the board as soon as possible

Wanna tell us a bit more? Am also testing, but most consistent results with waiting using atleast 3 hero killers. Then luck and skill with combos to get a lead

Lord Stark
08-20-2016, 03:02 PM
Wanna tell us a bit more? Am also testing, but most consistent results with waiting using atleast 3 hero killers. Then luck and skill with combos to get a lead

Yea i posted a video of 1 of my arena fights in a previous comment. i didnt leave a tutorial on how to use the team but ill post more videos and write a tutorial on what i do.. But you are right about 1 thing. Its partly luck on getting certain colors. theres some times where im struggling because no greens or yellows are showing up, but my team is very strong in defense so you should be well protected to last countless turns. I use styr, borg, rey and torr. If you dont have Styr he can be replaced with kane but i feel like styr is more helpful due to shorter cooldown, hes 1 space longer than kane and he has a death effect

WizardTime
08-20-2016, 03:06 PM
The game is mostly a battle of attrition, with a touch of tactics. More hero uses=more mana intake, more damage output and more fun!!

Just dropped a couple more games, check em out! (Sorry for the wind it's really windy today!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXzbl8BakjI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnWJPN_kts8

WizardTime

Lord Stark
08-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Whats up Wizard, we should start a thread for arena videos. Post our videos with different strategies to help others. The games still pretty new and as more people catch on they can look to everyones videos for help. Nice videos by the way

Mi10n
08-20-2016, 10:05 PM
Yea i posted a video of 1 of my arena fights in a previous comment. i didnt leave a tutorial on how to use the team but ill post more videos and write a tutorial on what i do.. But you are right about 1 thing. Its partly luck on getting certain colors. theres some times where im struggling because no greens or yellows are showing up, but my team is very strong in defense so you should be well protected to last countless turns. I use styr, borg, rey and torr. If you dont have Styr he can be replaced with kane but i feel like styr is more helpful due to shorter cooldown, hes 1 space longer than kane and he has a death effect

What level is needed yo use those?

Lord Stark
08-20-2016, 10:43 PM
What level is needed yo use those?

I wanna say level 13-15 not sure whatever heroes unlock before level 17 heroes. My strategy doesnt work as great as before now that Roy got nerfed very very badly. But it still works as long as you get your Roy activated constantly. Before it took just 1 or 2 uses of roy to be safe but now it taks 3-4 uses to feel safe. My Styr died for the first time after update, its cause Reys primal only increases resistance by 12% instead of the 50+% he did before

Brerman
08-20-2016, 10:45 PM
Rey has got to be Level 17 unlock at least, I don't have him yet but it sounds like I missed his glory days.

Psst Lovett
08-23-2016, 02:52 AM
I had no problems in the 6 arenas i've done since the Update. shura and Huron are OP against those, considering Horis got demoted to a one kill target he just sits in the corner after his first use. Torr can be a pest, but lure him out with a weak hero or your own Torr and you'll win if you have the right squad.

Xerkspking
08-23-2016, 08:01 AM
1. Know your heroes cumulative attack ( atleast range of damage it can inflict if u use their skills at once ).
2. Keep on monitoring the power bar of the opponent ( timing on when to cast your heroes skills is important ).
3. Patience and always focus on the cancel strategy (this way most of the time you can keep the fight close enough for your closing strategy).
4. Know your decks strength and weaknesses.
5. Put a crying emoticon whenever they attack well to make them overconfident they can win ( laughing emoticon incase you outplay them in the end. lol ) The fifth advice is optional. lol

In any ways, this game is fun. To be honest I don't think there is already a meta game for now. Those decks will work on new players but not on already experienced one. Happy gaming!