PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] Double Yellow/Red Poison Deck

Ferret96
08-22-2016, 06:46 PM
Just started playing this game at global launch and love it. Great mix of match 3 and Clash Royale with a good matchmaking system. However :) this last update has created a poisonous deck that doesn't have a great counter at my level ( 8 ). Torr, Horis, Hiru, and either of Liu or Squy. The big problem of this deck is the insanely low activation cost of Horis and Hiru combined with their multi-hit abilities that go around defensive set-ups. With an average board state, you can cast both of these characters twice per round, sometimes 3 times with a lucky drop. There are no ways to block these guys... You can try to put high health defense heroes in front, but they both go past/around them. The only defense is to play NO characters... Which sort of makes half of the game defunct. I feel that Tor/Squy/Liu are powerful, but balanced due to their higher activation cost.

My suggestion would be to either increase the activation cost of Horis and Hiro or have them do much less damage per attack. I think the game needs flankers (people to get around defenses) or the meta will just shift to everyone hiding behind Pyk. Playing the last couple days I've run into the same double yellow/red deck about 50% of the games. Please think of a well balance and tested solution... This type of thing ruins games that are just being released.

Thank you for your time,

Ferret96

Brerman
08-22-2016, 11:23 PM
Dude, I feel your pain. The red yellow combo has a lot going for it; quick, direct and played as a counter to your heroes. The best advice I can give you is to build a deck where one juicy hero can be the bait for Torr and Horis.

Squy is a good choice. Playing him first will deal solid damage to your enemy's board and most likely draw their fire. Put him to the far right or left and if they drop both Yellow to kill him you can place your remaining heroes on the opposite end.

Hiru is very strong right now, I know it stinks to play the same heroes that are making your life hell but he can spam his ability and maybe land some damage on the Yellow jerks. Bane is another great choice right now. Especially if you can keep him away from the danger, you can build up his ability rather quickly and get your units strong enough to start wiping the enemy's board. Masha is another solid choice for the same reason.

Whoever you choose, try to keep them to one square (unless you're going to use bait like Squy). Using one square heroes will improve chances of avoiding the oppoent's Hiru and Squy.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Mi10n
08-23-2016, 08:12 AM
Bane = Kane?

So you are suggesting Squi, Hiru, Kane, Misha as a counter to Double Trouble Y/R?

gWorldz
08-23-2016, 08:22 AM
Bane is what they meant I believe, Kane is a different beast altogether o_O

http://oi67.tinypic.com/300gmzq.jpg

Mi10n
08-23-2016, 08:37 AM
Lol cheers.. How could i forget.

Mmh healer hvy setup.

I feel the red/yellow suits lower skill play and the healer setup with Squi for more proficient combo play. Would that be a decent assessment?

Brerman
08-23-2016, 06:34 PM
Yea Mi1on that's what I was trying to go for. Direct damage decks with quick cool down can make for a great early game but if you can stave off their initial onslaught, smart long term play with boosted units should have a good chance of winning out.

Ferret96
08-26-2016, 03:04 PM
Lol cheers.. How could i forget.

Mmh healer hvy setup.

I feel the red/yellow suits lower skill play and the healer setup with Squi for more proficient combo play. Would that be a decent assessment?

Wanted to check back in since I posted. I took your guys advice and tried mixed healer/direct damage and it's really helped. I run Bane, Mori, Horis, and Shura. Early game I try to keep even/ahead in board position and try to set up a good Mori turn by getting at least 3/4 of the center tiles usable for attack. Drop both Bane and Mori on opposite sides of the board and slam them 140+ damage. When they drop their Yellow/Red stuff (usually to kill Mori) I use Horis and Shura to weaken/kill. It's done well so far. Thanks for the advice!