PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] There should be a benefit for going second.

Beaux
09-01-2016, 02:06 PM
In a game where most of my matches end by turn 3 or 5, the idea that the second player doesn't get a rather large benefit to offset the inherent disadvantage of going second is troubling. I find I lose most of the games I go second, but win most that I go first. First player to drop Gyle and just unload Thor and Drall generally wins, you just can't come back from that 600-700 life defecit before dying yourself.

gWorldz
09-01-2016, 02:59 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while now and seen a bunch of suggestions, I think the best approach that won't un balance the game is to * MAYBE * give the first player 1 less move * OR * the second player 1 extra move on first turn. Its not a significant advantage and adds something for going second without adding too much.

I'll be honest though I don't have the issues you all have with going second. I win about the same percentage either way. I think going second has a psychological affect on some people that makes them feel like they are losing just because the opponents health is higher and they make mistakes because of it. I never feel like I'm loosing until the match is over.

I would guess whether I go first or second my win rates in the 60-65% range at the moment, but because of the psychological affect of going second I also prefer going first :D

I just refuse to let it determine who wins or loses, always liked being the underdog that comes from behind and takes the win, going second gives that opportunity and reward ;)

WizardTime
09-01-2016, 04:16 PM
I haven't noticed a pattern with going first and losing, but given the amount of RNG in the game, I wouldnt mind if it is decided randomly and not in order of player ID or something silly like that...

FYI this is also being discussed here (http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?14784-PvP-Player-Order)

Manuel Chu
09-01-2016, 04:27 PM
happens that who start first mees up your side of the board and second star cant combine decent combos and first they have fill primal gauge in 1 o 2 turns ,second cost more time to fill primal gauge

Bowen Bow Qiu
09-01-2016, 06:59 PM
happens that who start first mees up your side of the board and second star cant combine decent combos and first they have fill primal gauge in 1 o 2 turns ,second cost more time to fill primal gauge

I feel the same. Not only the second player fills second, but they fill slower because of the messed tiles.

Paincookie
09-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Like in the other thread I do not have a problem to go second. I don't like that in 3 of 4 arena games I play against bots that sucks most I want to fight real people. When you are the second player I think you have the same opinions on deck like the first sometimes the first player doesn't have any cascade and then you do better

Manuel Chu
09-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Sometimes i start second like 10-15 in a row and just win 3 o 4 matches

Meo
09-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Going first you have about a 40-50% advantage (at least for me). I can win 90% of the games if I go first, but only 35% if I go second. BTW I happen to go 2nd 70% of the time.

I agree with Player going first gets 1 move, going second gets 2 moves and then it becoming normal.

I don't know if the disadvantage is because I use 2 healers and their effects are felt usually later in the game when you get some guys to 50+/5. You don't suffer any damages from your enemies so they can't fill up their heroes' bar and your destruction is pretty deadly. I can activate my heroes like every move/other move.

Bowen Bow Qiu
09-02-2016, 08:44 PM
The problem with going second is that your tiles would get messed up and can hardly do combos.