PDA

View Full Version : WizardTime New Video Format! Your help needed!

WizardTime
09-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Hey team!

Sorry I haven't posted a video in a few days, wanted to try out some new formatting and make the vids easier to digest...

Here is a nice game with commentary that I played with Tai...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHbwFGloAjg

Let me know your thoughts on how I can improve this as I'm trying to get a nice format for the channel...

Enjoy!

WizardTime

gWorldz
09-07-2016, 03:07 AM
I'm enjoying the new format and the intro video is a nice touch, have you considered adding an overlay to your videos to get rid of the canvas affect added to videos to standardize them on YouTube?

Keep in mind I'm a bit lazy but here's an example of what I'm talking about ...

https://youtu.be/Zh4KEykaczM

... I could have timed the transitions better with the .PNG overlay at the end but this was just to give you an example. Let me know when you've seen the video so I can take it down (is unlisted link only access right now), I don't want any copyright strikes lol

I'm not sure what software you use though or what is or isn't possible with your current setup but something like this should be possible with some of the screencast apps and many video editing programs. I did that with Screencast-O-Matic v2.0 subscription app.

If you make your own overlay pay attention to my mistakes with this one, I tagged the Wizard Time name too low to display when the video controls and its covered when the controls are on screen. I was just trying to toss something general together real quick to give an example ;)

gWorldz
09-07-2016, 03:25 AM
Something else we might try doing to improve videos is to hover over our heroes at the beginning and the enemies heroes after they are played so it will display their stats. I've also started trying to show soldier health more often in my videos just randomly pushing it at the beginning of turns or after using healers to show subscribers *all* the real time stats of the field but that might have actually helped me as a player more than added to my videos ;)

I like making the overlays and editing more than making videos and commentary is just straight up beyond my skill set. I'm at home with 1's and 0's plus all the pixels I can get my eyes on but using my mic just terrifies me :P

Message me directly to take the conversation out of public view if I need to clarify any suggestions or I can assist you in anyway :D

gWorldz
09-07-2016, 05:00 AM
I deleted the first draft and played with the edits fixing the timing of the overlay and altered its appearance slightly to make the wizard look at game play. Should have better transitions and just generally better quality than the other one.

Example Video

https://youtu.be/maTNzlwy6vw

WizardTime
09-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Aah an overlay, yeh should be able to do that, I actually would prefer to just cut the sides off and then watch in portrait mode, but my intro enters the black areas and YouTube won't cut it off.. I will message you

WizardTime
09-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Your video is a big improvement by the way!