PDA

View Full Version : [Opinion] This game is dying

Bert Huylebroeck
09-21-2016, 12:41 PM
I have the feeling that MGG is dying. The players are less interested, and I see not much respons in the Forum. I see only complains about bugs or the usual forum posters who just want to show of, but even they are getting less and less frequent. And when you play, you always end up against the same mutants. In PVP I come up against Noren, Noren, Noren, Noren, Muddy, Muddy, Muddy, ... and Apex and Dezinger sometimes as third. This is really boring. Even nobody complained abut the fact that the Bingo went from 300.000 Gold back to 0 without a winner. In the past, people were shouting on the forum for something like that, but now nobody cares anymore. How has it become like this.

Here is a list of reasons why this game is dying:

1. Balance
Balancing a game is always important. If people feel that they did the best possible, but still loose, then they feel ripped of and don't want to play anymore. If there is an inbalance then people who don't have the advantage will become frustrated, but the people who do have the advantage become bored. Everybody knows I'm talking about Muddypeat and Noren. There was a big topic about Muddypeat in wich the creators of the game told that they are not going to change something. Many people became frustrated because it wass clear the Muddy was OP. Then a while later Noren is revealed. I told you guys to NOT RUIN YOUR OWN GAME. Even before he became available. If you changed the stats, nobody could complain, because nobody had a disadvantage. But you didn't want to listen and released him without changes. Now, I have NOT come across a team in the top 2% of the game (my current ranking with 2 Norens) that does not have at least 1 Noren or 1 Muddypeat. I almost always end up against Noren+Muddy+Apex or Noren+Muddy+Dezinger or Noren+Muddy+Muddy or Noren+Noren+Muddy. Today I was surprised that I faced a team with Lilly. I turned a smile on my face, because I had to think again in wich order to attack to beat the team.

2. Unresolved issues
There are many unresolved issues from the past. The PVP match-up system is a real pain. The always boring PVE tower for terrible prices if you have a higher level. The high cost for the mutants slots. Mutants as rewards that were recently given as reward.

3. Cheating by the creators
Like when there was a discount on 3x on the gold slots. But suddenly the chances of getting gold was also reduced. That is just plain cheating. Or when people tried the mutants bingo but got the same mutant after a few tries. What's the odds on that one. Not coincidence is my guess.

4. Ridicilous costs
Sometimes you see something in the Gold shop that I think to myself :"Why would anybody use that offer". Even the Golaith for 5000 gold is just plain stupid. It's a way to rip newbies from their gold. Or when you buy a gold star in the mixing machine you pay 500, while for 500 you can get 3 gold stars on promo. Then this promo should also be shown over there.

I hope some of the creators actually read this. I'm going to slow down on this game. I'll read this thread, but not much more and hope that something usefull will happen with this. I have seen many games come and also go. And the main reason is always balance. Start with that one. I paid 4000 gold for 2 Norens just because I know they are OP, not because I like them. I have many others, but are almost useless. Almost every team I can counter with 2x Noren and something added. If I had Muddy it would even be worse.

Conclusion

FIX YOUR GAME

Vickey Knight
09-21-2016, 04:04 PM
Dont worry they will read your feed back.

[K] Aza
09-21-2016, 05:26 PM
Dont worry they will read your feed back.

Always ;)

Thank you for your feedback! Indeed, we may not be able to answer most of the time due to the workload and the fact that we're a small team, but do note that most of the team members read the forums on a daily basis and are well aware of the different issues and balancing feedback that you guys provide!

Thank you and keep it up :)

Robert Ornelas
09-21-2016, 06:16 PM
I agree with Bert, when you guys spilt the slots i thought oh wow great, then i played the slots, and while lucky slots it what you expect of it, cash frenzy is a joke you pay gold and win coins more often then not, and mutant maddness is okay but chance are if you can afford the slot you already have most of the mutants availible. The Pve towers is getting lame most of the monster you give away are weak or repeats.and the prized per ten fights aren't worth it.

Bert Huylebroeck
09-21-2016, 07:03 PM
Aza;62757']Always ;)

Thank you for your feedback! Indeed, we may not be able to answer most of the time due to the workload and the fact that we're a small team, but do note that most of the team members read the forums on a daily basis and are well aware of the different issues and balancing feedback that you guys provide!

Thank you and keep it up :)

Aza,

Do you guys have a formula to compare units like I have made.
The reference is a platinum legendary mutant from the first 4 bingo's. They all score between 99 and 101. Their non-star version give 50, while a bronze will give 55. A silver will give 65 and a gold will give 87,5. And all basic breedable platinum mutants give 90,9 as score (if you add 10% you get a perfect 100) wich shows that the formula is close to perfection.

I hope you guys have something like this, just to check if new mutants are okay before launch.

Reynan Lariga Palma
09-21-2016, 10:21 PM
I just recently returned to the game after a year and a half break but honestly I feel like rage quitting . again. Mainly due to the fact as to how insanely, ridiculously absurd and unfair the PvP point system works and 2nd, due to the android app frequently crashing on PvP issue remains unsolved andits been 6 days andI havent heard anythingnfrom the helpdesk for the ticket I sent. CM Aza's reply to this thread reassured me a little bit but somehow I'm still having 2nd thoughts abt spending some cash, well I hope the exclusive pack and noren would still be available by the end of this month as I may decide to buy them by then but for now, I ll hold off any expense andsee how things go. I sure do hope the management take action reallynsoon before its all too late.

Brandon Charles
09-22-2016, 12:42 AM
So Bert what would you do to save the game using a solution as exact as your mutant formula? Let's just step outside of the square of repeating well known and recognized issues here and pretend you are a lead in the Mutants team and have infinite control, what exactly would you change and how would you tell the team to do it?

Faugn Xoosef
09-22-2016, 11:25 AM
Photos
more
Primary
(no subject)
V
VJ - <Van Joseph A. Esparagoza>
to me
52 minutes agoDetails
the game is not exciting anymore because

PVP is Fustrating and Boring!

"that guys clearly has higher rank and level how did i get +10 only"?

This is just one of the rants every MGG player has in mind

, Also why not try different pvp modes every season like Monogene Rumble (mono genes only),

or Dawn of the Dead ( necros only ), or Clash of Ancients ( Grid I mutants only ), Zodiac Showdown(if you want profit) and so on...

the possibilities are endless! One would finally unfreeze his deadbot because its his time to shine

and Even a bored lvl 300 player will be challenged with something a simple as this.

and What if you get more or double points if they dont use a tag, pretty cahllenging eh?

Before thery are PVP exlusive mutants, EXCLUSIVE ! that means you can never get them elsewhere, how about now?

If you use a repeated mutant as a price, then at least make it an elite version

Boring Events/prices

We had our hopes up during the mutant anniversary where prices were wonderful, Every player 10 stages awaits a good price waiting worthy of climbing up

now its just plain boring. Like who would want to climb just to get an low level orb?

How about endurance or survival mode event where players use all the avilable mutants in his roof because he cant heal, the farther the stage , the better the price

BALANCE - Speed POwer Ratio

This line should never be crossed, or else there will be lots of frustration and rage quitting

but its late now so why not buff the old mutants? or enable players to buff them like 2 platinum deadbots = deadbot+1,

You can also do with random chance DNA piece drops from PVE or PVP, It would be more engaging beating an enemy team,

getting drops from it, and finally aqcuiring one of his mutant after completing X number of pieces;

PVP will be lively! this way players will be more eager rather than frustrated

Ignoring the little things that improves gameplay like

- Team presets/ last team used button

- IN GAME delete friend function

- Able to choose mutant skin provided the player has unlocked it ( Example: I want to use the Gold Shellshock skin in my Platinum Shellshock bec i like it)

- Make the mutant names visible in PVP (Ex: I like them to see that i named my Buck Norris as FaugnXoosef_is_so_COOL )

- Allow players to customize mutant color schemes to thier liking ( Seems like a small thing eh' but many will spend hours on it)

Annoying Stuff
-what could be more annoying than leveling your breeding center to lvl 3 only to find it useless because you keep getting unwanted legendaries instead getting the mutants you need for bingo grid, its a waste of stars! anyone would rage quit., the breedable legendaries are garbage tier so why even bother?

-releasing new mutants but not updating platinum versions of old ones

-high evo just means more -20 from pvp def and lower points if you attack so why level evo?

-50 gold per fame level up isnt so encouraging either so why aspire to level fame? even pokemon go gives free balls and stuff
-everything is just plain expensive lol take for example kaju kity sold today for 4000000 credits lol, if im a new player id quit, and veterans know its a rip off
-token exchange not updated
-challenge hall not updated (who would even buy that pvp useless mono gene floating gay dude? if not for collection purpose?)

well thats basically it.,..

Robert Ornelas
09-22-2016, 07:04 PM
The question was sent to Bert but i'd like to put my two cents in as well. Balancing is a difficult issue with some play using cheats, other paying with gold, and newbies coming into the game. the only thing i can think of is may separating the field, beginer, moderate, and expert, but thats alot of work for you guys.

Pve towers is not so much that there boring it what you win isn't worth it., orbs, ten tokens, power ups and a low level monster. my sugesstion is may have a 5, 10 and 25, token , a 1, 3, 5 reactor token, 25, 50 gold, and a rare monster as the final position i.e. Britney, Buranka, Dr Blaw etc.

Do more breeding events, but have them last longer. If it take 24 hours to incubate a monster and the ever last 24 h ours its realy lame i frustrating.

Bert Huylebroeck
09-22-2016, 08:50 PM
So Bert what would you do to save the game using a solution as exact as your mutant formula? Let's just step outside of the square of repeating well known and recognized issues here and pretend you are a lead in the Mutants team and have infinite control, what exactly would you change and how would you tell the team to do it?

3 Things are absolutely needed to bring back joy to the game. (In my order op importance)

1. The Balance
2. A good PVP (correct opponents and good points sytem)
3. Refreshing new PVE

Point 3. is already covered by Faugn and he had some great input.

Point 2. has been said before by a lot of people and I know it is sometimes impossible to find an opponent within your level and the same amount of points, so I know that you have sometimes an opponent that has 100 levels more then you. But this should be the exception. People are more frustrated that they beat an opponent with higher evo, also a tag and had more points and you still recieve only +10. You Evo should be the most important thing here, stars are not important because Noren has no star and is OP and there are more No-Star mutants who are equal or better then platinum legendary mutants.

Point 1:
My greatest obstacle and the base of many frustrations. Some people don't even know that their just figthing against an OP mutant and loose because of that. So they used good tactics, but just didn't have that 1 or 2 OP mutants.
MUDDYPEAT:
change his speed from 4,76 to 3,85 and his Quota becomes 112 instead of 130.
There are 2 mutants from 110-111 and below that you have a mutant that has 108,7 but his ability is less then what all other mutants have. He is the only mutant in game who has that. So that is balance. And below that you have 18 mutants between 105-108. And from 105 you also have a lot of mutants, about 1 mutant for 0.1 point less. So nicely spread.
If Muddy his spead would be reduced, then he is still very powerfull. He still has a great attack. The strongest one in game for such a speed, and the best ability for a high attack is Retaliate, so Muddypeat still will be powerfull. But counterable with more then one mutants. So many tactics are possible.
NOREN:
This one is a bit more difficult. He has an extreme health, extreme attack and not the lowest speed. His Quota is 137 (higher then Muddy, but with adjacent stats and would instead of retaliate he does not feel more OP then Muddy). With Noren you will have to change Health and Attack or Health, Attack and Speed.
Example 1: Reduce both attack and health with 17% and leave spead at 3,7 and Q=114 or minus 18% will give Q=112,5
Example 2: Reduce both attack and health with 10% and change speed to 3.23 and his Quota is 112,5, with speed 3.33 his Q=115

And from now on, every mutant released should be tested to see wich Quota it gets. No other mutants have to be changed. So it's not too late yet.

Many people will complain about the changes. And people who have put time in making more then 1 platinum muddy, should be compensated with a platinum star for each muddy they have above 1. Same with Noren. For 1 you should not be compensated, for more you should. People only payed for them because they were OP. But that can be another discussion if they should be compensated.

People have a lot of mutants, but now I can predict wich units I get to see on PVP. When there is balance, people will be creative again with their mutants. I, for instance, would love to use my platinum Fates, Krunk, Nyrnaloth, Hallbeard, Genshiryoku, Crawlorax,... I love the look, but they are useless now.

Den Abn
09-23-2016, 01:17 PM
i too lazy to read this wall of text
btw im tired of the developer. alway making wrong move

Bert Huylebroeck
09-26-2016, 10:33 PM
Since I posted there were a few things:

1. A big announcement that they are going to change PVE (good, but only the 3th most important thing to save this game; balance and PVP being 1 and 2)
2. Muddypeat was on sale. A bronze version for 700 gold. I bought him ofcourse and already I have 2 golden ones and both are almost level 30, so platinum is on its way. But a really don't hope that this is the big respons from KOBOJO to stop people complaining about muddpeat. He is still OP and PVP is still boring with all these Norens and Muddys. I want to use TACTICS, not just use the most OP mutants, but now I'm forced to work rhis way.
3. The prizes from PVP have changed. This is actually a change to the worse. And why do we get a legendary unit as reward. So many people are still waiting for other mutants (Behemoth, Shellshock, Arachnabot, Soul Eater, ...) to complete their grid. When you finally think that it will be time to get the mutant that you need, they start given lengendary units. Not a good idea.

To me, you guys (KOBOJO) are searching it way to far.
Just:
- Nerf Muddy and Noren (I have 2 Norens and soon a platinum Muddy)
- Have a very simple PVP point system (Gain 10 points when you win from somebody with lower EVO, and more when somebodies EVO is higher; Don't count stars for this, Don't put people back just because they use platinum mutants, everybody should use his best mutants)
- Change PVE into something new (but fix the first 2 things first)

Chun-Wah Cheung
09-27-2016, 04:50 PM

1. A big announcement that they are going to change PVE (good, but only the 3th most important thing to save this game; balance and PVP being 1 and 2)

Either I read too quickly, or I just missed it somewhere - but where is this announcement?

I've played this game for almost 3 years and have never seen a game die so badly, with so many players becoming disaffected. There really needs to be a change in managing this game

Reynan Lariga Palma
09-27-2016, 10:22 PM
Either I read too quickly, or I just missed it somewhere - but where is this announcement?

I've played this game for almost 3 years and have never seen a game die so badly, with so many players becoming disaffected. There really needs to be a change in managing this game

Well not really an announcement but a survey abt PvE. Its on stickypost in this section. The very 1st one.

Reynan Lariga Palma
09-27-2016, 10:37 PM

2. Muddypeat was on sale. A bronze version for 700 gold. I bought him ofcourse and already I have 2 golden ones and both are almost level 30, so platinum is on its way. But a really don't hope that this is the big respons from KOBOJO to stop people complaining about muddpeat. He is still OP and PVP is still boring with all these Norens and Muddys. I want to use TACTICS, not just use the most OP mutants, but now I'm forced to work rhis way.
3. The prizes from PVP have changed. This is actually a change to the worse. And why do we get a legendary unit as reward. So many people are still waiting for other mutants (Behemoth, Shellshock, Arachnabot, Soul Eater, ...) to complete their grid. When you finally think that it will be time to get the mutant that you need, they start given lengendary units. Not a good idea.

To me, you guys (KOBOJO) are searching it way to far.
Just:
- Nerf Muddy and Noren (I have 2 Norens and soon a platinum Muddy)
- Have a very simple PVP point system (Gain 10 points when you win from somebody with lower EVO, and more when somebodies EVO is higher; Don't count stars for this, Don't put people back just because they use platinum mutants, everybody should use his best mutants)
- Change PVE into something new (but fix the first 2 things first)

I missed my chance of gettng Muddy since I had an issue on the app, im sure you may have seen my post. And yeah though ots good that they re trying to change PvE they should have given PvP more priority, specifically the point system needs a MAJOR overhaul. And why do they haveto raise the stakes for the Reactor token in PvP? Darn! Now my chances of getting 2 for this season is lost. I only madeit to the top 9% last season out of sheer luck when a fame lvl 235 and evo level 39 attacked me and lost giving me 53points and winning the revenge which gave me 100 points. I only make it to 12%-11% at most and now I can kiss those tokens goodbye, I dont have neither muddy nor noren or diablo and i simply rely on reactor rewards as my strongest mutants and thanks to these un necessary changes no tken this season for me.

Brandon Charles
09-28-2016, 06:26 AM
Thank you all very much for the feedback, I also strongly encourage everyone to complete the said survey to let the team know if they have any ideas for future PvE events. http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?14948-SURVEY-What-do-YOU-want-in-PvE-Events just incase any of you are having troubles finding the sticky :) Looking forward to continuing the success of the game with the community here!

John Kimble
10-03-2016, 04:09 AM
I have the feeling that MGG is dying. The players are less interested, and I see not much respons in the Forum. I see only complains about bugs or the usual forum posters who just want to show of, but even they are getting less and less frequent. And when you play, you always end up against the same mutants. In PVP I come up against Noren, Noren, Noren, Noren, Muddy, Muddy, Muddy, ... and Apex and Dezinger sometimes as third. This is really boring. Even nobody complained abut the fact that the Bingo went from 300.000 Gold back to 0 without a winner. In the past, people were shouting on the forum for something like that, but now nobody cares anymore. How has it become like this.

Here is a list of reasons why this game is dying:

1. Balance
Balancing a game is always important. If people feel that they did the best possible, but still loose, then they feel ripped of and don't want to play anymore. If there is an inbalance then people who don't have the advantage will become frustrated, but the people who do have the advantage become bored. Everybody knows I'm talking about Muddypeat and Noren. There was a big topic about Muddypeat in wich the creators of the game told that they are not going to change something. Many people became frustrated because it wass clear the Muddy was OP. Then a while later Noren is revealed. I told you guys to NOT RUIN YOUR OWN GAME. Even before he became available. If you changed the stats, nobody could complain, because nobody had a disadvantage. But you didn't want to listen and released him without changes. Now, I have NOT come across a team in the top 2% of the game (my current ranking with 2 Norens) that does not have at least 1 Noren or 1 Muddypeat. I almost always end up against Noren+Muddy+Apex or Noren+Muddy+Dezinger or Noren+Muddy+Muddy or Noren+Noren+Muddy. Today I was surprised that I faced a team with Lilly. I turned a smile on my face, because I had to think again in wich order to attack to beat the team.

2. Unresolved issues
There are many unresolved issues from the past. The PVP match-up system is a real pain. The always boring PVE tower for terrible prices if you have a higher level. The high cost for the mutants slots. Mutants as rewards that were recently given as reward.

3. Cheating by the creators
Like when there was a discount on 3x on the gold slots. But suddenly the chances of getting gold was also reduced. That is just plain cheating. Or when people tried the mutants bingo but got the same mutant after a few tries. What's the odds on that one. Not coincidence is my guess.

4. Ridicilous costs
Sometimes you see something in the Gold shop that I think to myself :"Why would anybody use that offer". Even the Golaith for 5000 gold is just plain stupid. It's a way to rip newbies from their gold. Or when you buy a gold star in the mixing machine you pay 500, while for 500 you can get 3 gold stars on promo. Then this promo should also be shown over there.

I hope some of the creators actually read this. I'm going to slow down on this game. I'll read this thread, but not much more and hope that something usefull will happen with this. I have seen many games come and also go. And the main reason is always balance. Start with that one. I paid 4000 gold for 2 Norens just because I know they are OP, not because I like them. I have many others, but are almost useless. Almost every team I can counter with 2x Noren and something added. If I had Muddy it would even be worse.

Conclusion

FIX YOUR GAME

Hi Bert. I posted a little while back, pretty much saying what you have and I do understand exactly where you are coming from.
1) The PvP certainly needs balance and unless you have a high evo and strong tags, you probably won't get in the top 3%. This latest season of the PvP has been changed and I was not impressed and I don't think I can make it to get the mutant reward compared to other PvP events.
2) I did notice one issue that has been fixed, with the Free Spin, which was freezing the game, but I haven't come across that issue for a while. But there are still other issues that need resolving.
3) I still hold my beliefs that Kobojo is not "cheating" the players when it comes to the slots. Although I have stated before, that the prices needs to be reduced, but I was over the moon when they finally made the Mutant Madness Slots at 10 tokens a spin and I am looking forward for it to come back. It was a good move by Kobojo by doing that event..
4) Goliath has always been a high priced mutant and I can never figure why he is such an amount. I think he's the highest out of all of them.

I do and have felt that the game is in some way dying. I am getting less daily gifts from friends and I have had friends who have quit the game. I have even felt like quitting, but I'm hanging in there. What I do believe will save the day, (apart from fixing the issues) is too bring back the enjoyment of the game.
:)