PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Is Kane/Styr still bugged or am I mistaken ?

EasyG
09-27-2016, 08:02 PM
As I understand from the previous patch Kane and Styr were meant to also boost unsummoned heroes. So if they come into play after Kane/Styr they still get the boost.

But this seems currently bugged (also after the latest patch) as each time a new hero is summoned ALL of the heroes get the boost. So this way you can boost a hero even three time for free.

For example (all played in one turn):
Summon Kane first - he doesn't use up his ability
Summon Tai - heals both with a 1x boost
Summon some other hero - new hero AND Tai get a boost
Summon last hero - ALL three heroes get a boost yet again
Cast Kane ability, make 2 easy matches to fill up Tai
Cast Tai and you heal with a x3 boost.

So in the end, the initial Kane/Styr boost at summoning can be abused multiple times for free.

I though everybody knew this and used Kane specifically because of this glitch. That's why I think of it as deliberate cheating so I started conceding any time I saw Kane played first. Wasn't this the main problem of Tai-Kane-Mori/Drall builds, that you could make a huge attack in one turn?

I may be mistaken but if anybody wants to test this just a small note: "it seems that multiple Kane boost (normally attained or by glitch) don't just add up. My level 4 Kane gives 41% boost, level 2 Tai gives 33 without boost. Tai with one boost gives 47 (just about +41%) but with a double boost gives 55 (about +66%)

Still liking the game ;)
just have to skip any match with Kane summoned first ... which is quite a lot now but then again I'm not so worried about my arena points.

gWorldz
09-27-2016, 09:16 PM
Boost is cumulative ...

41% of 33 = 47
41% of 47 = 66
... and on and on :ohno: the boost is based on the current skill not the initial amount :O_O:

EasyG
09-27-2016, 10:25 PM
First I also though that. But just in case I tried it again. Here is what I have:
Tai level 2 - 33 heal
Kane level 4 - 41% boost

Tai with 1 boost heals 47 (that's about 141%)
Tai with 2 boosts heals 55 (~166%)
Tai with 3 boosts heals 60 (~182%)

That's neither additive nor cumulative. If it matters I'm playing on iOS, the newest version, testing using Quest instead of arena and the 3 boost I've made using the glitch because I couldn't do it normally.

Manuel Chu
09-27-2016, 10:34 PM
33 + 41% = 47 33x41% = 47 why with you 141%

Meo
09-27-2016, 10:54 PM
Just fought a guy that did 800 damage in one round (upon summoning them) so I'm feeling this Tai, Kane. Mori, Roku is till very OP

Anubisath
09-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Well I think that main problem of that green/blue build were Mori+Kane. Kane got a minor nerf, Mori is still the same as he was. So that means on his second use he buffs 4 middle blocks into 150-ish health beasts. So that is 600 damage that comes just from him. And then if you use Roku it is usually game over.

Zach Dooley
09-28-2016, 01:06 AM
Honestly I'm satisfied. They dropped Rokus Health and raised his gauge. You drop Karg down with Kenuh or Drall or Falkar, somebody is gonna die I promise you. I havent lost to the meta team since patch one time. You just have be aggressive and If there still doing high damage and double charging trying using Pyk and Borg or some form of shield to take the initial blow, then swoop in for the kill. All you have to do to win is kill Mori. I've said this so many times, "take the bullets out of the gun." If you still can't beat this team now, then I hate to say it you're not thinkin hard enough to win.

EasyG
09-28-2016, 07:31 AM
Well, this wasn't meant to be a "fix the game because I can't win" post as I still have no problem winning even against Kane-Mori-Tai-Roku builds. A good team I use is Styr-Tai-Gwenn-Isiaaki. Styr-Tai obviously is to build the wall (I use Styr instead of Kane as the boost is persistent), Gwenn is for blocking and slowing down the opponent and Isiaaki for winning what could be a stalemate without him.

But I stopped using it as noticed the glitch and how it's really hard not to abuse it. That's the same reason I started to skip "Kane-First" opponents as it usually is the same build I know I could beat but I just don't want to fight a bugged match.

So in the end:
I really like min-maxing the hero setup and it doesn't even bother me when the developer does a drastic overhaul which scraps my current build. I would say I prefer it this way as there's something new to think about each time. I just didn't want to add a glitch abuse to the min-maxing as it obviously seemed it's not what the developer intended.

But as it wasn't patched then maybe it is what the developer had in mind and I shouldn't feel I'm cheating. If that's the case then I'm off to see if Kane and Styr can glitch each other for some ridiculous boosts :)

Zach Dooley
09-28-2016, 07:45 AM
I agree I have no issues with it like I said. It does get annoying to keep fighting them though. Like the kinda of annoying bad feeling you'd get (terrible analogy but you get my point) if you beat up someone with no arms, you still won, but you feel bad afterwards.

Xerkspking
09-28-2016, 08:28 AM
the number of players using said team is at its all time low now but still Kane in my opinion is much widely used though in different teams. To my part i dont use them anymore, my team is losing by a hair each time i lose so i think I just have to adjust how i should use them properly. Its exciting in pvp now honestly.

Meo
09-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Yeah, figured out a way to neutralize this team. I have more trouble with Falkar teams (probably cause my lowest HP hero is my most useful hero)