PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] Kanes Exploit

gWorldz
10-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Are there any plans to fix Kane's exploit?

Its getting annoying seeing him boost my opponents Drall, Mori, Torr or whatever 150+% just by dropping Kane first. I am hoping this isn't how Kane's supposed to work ...

I've had an opponent earlier tonight drop Kane followed by Mori then Tai followed by Roku to reactivate Mori then activate Kane and Mori's boost was 89 to each unit! The Kane was level 6 and the Mori was level 7 or 8 I can't remember which but that is insane that's a single boost from Kane's activation and well over 200% boost. The teams with Torr and Drall are even worse with that kinda boost able to put 1000+ damage anywhere they want if played right.

Kane should only affect heroes in play when activated not sideline heroes not in play. This will fix the imbalance and should correct the exploit. His boost is simply too good to apply to anything not in play, other heroes that boost do not boost the sideline and with his boost staying after activation he's still effective.

Just getting tired of having to struggle to do damage to regular units for 3 turns just to have my opponent drop all his heroes at once and remove all my health before I get a chance retaliate. Some people using this exploit are real trolls too and sit with all 4 heroes ready for a couple turns just for laughs and giggles waiting until you get them low and then 1 turn kill just cause they know they can with this exploit. Bleh, been trying not to rant anyway, will it be fixed?

o_O

Skunkix
10-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Yeah i tough thats a bug, when he apears with no heroes it give the benched heroes boost without using its mana bar.

Its so bs

EasyG
10-02-2016, 12:15 PM
I've already made a thread about it so sorry if I'm repeating anything but this is how I see this:

- Earlier it was that Kane only boosted heroes on board which made him a bit useless (as pointed by Zach Dooley in another thread). What I think was meant by the developer is that putting Kane would boost all heroes even the unsummoned BUT only once.

- Currently there are two bugs in play:
1. Summoning a hero after Kane simply activates his ability for free so everyone is effected.
2. If you play Kane first he doesn't use up his ability while everything else works the same so you get an additional free charge.

A fix to this would be:
- any time you put Kane on board (even if first) he uses up his ability
- a boost animation is played over heroes on board AND unsummoned on the side (so new players know what is happening)
- summoning a hero after Kane triggers nothing. You just place the hero with all the boost he got while on the side (or maybe limited o one charge). As there are still no indicators of actual boost and resistance so nothing lost, nothing gained from not knowing how much boost the new hero comes on the board with.

I think this would fix all the imbalances and abusing. The only thing that would be gained for Kane users would be the ability to charge the first attack of any hero which was impossible in previous updates. No charge would be gained for free so it should be balanced ... maybe except the surprise boosted Falkar ;)

ShadAcinonyx
10-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Hey guys,
To be honest I could write a massive rant about Kane, too. I'm one of these strange people that do not use it. But I won't, as almost everything I would write was already written somewhere on this forum lately.
Combo decks are fine. Really. Just don't make them the only choice. The game hit a stage, when I'm afraid of losing next turn being on around 900hp. That is not how it should be, really.
I think that a much simplier, although temporary fix before adressing Kane would be increasing everyone's player health by around 600, so that games will be longer than 3 turns.
Just, do something Kobojo. As soon as possible.
The game should reward players for playing innovative decks. Not punish them.
Have a nice day everyone (except for you, Kane users).
ShadAcinonyx.

Anubisath
10-02-2016, 10:22 PM
As much as I hate it I am the one of those using Kane. In the previous patch version, where it seems 80% of people were using Mori, Kane, Roku and Tai, I didn't use them even once, while also using blue/red teams to do the challenge I tanked my rating from around 780 to mid 500's. This time around I am going to stick to using current meta hero, Kane, since it is just now that I managed to return to my previous rating.

Honestly, I don't find it as bad now as it was in previous patch. Yes Kane is annoying but at least I am seeing a lot of different teams going around, compared to the old version. Kobojo so far showed that they are closely monitoring the forums and game so hopefully they are going to change things a bit in the future. Until then I will use Kane.

There is one thing that annoys me more than Kane in this game and it is when matchamking puts me against people that are 200hp higher than me. In my last match I had 1129 and opponent had 1325. That is the biggest gripe I have with this game atm, that should be change that first game tries to match you with people 2 levels tops difference from you.

gWorldz
10-02-2016, 10:58 PM
As much as I hate it I am the one of those using Kane. In the previous patch version, where it seems 80% of people were using Mori, Kane, Roku and Tai, I didn't use them even once, while also using blue/red teams to do the challenge I tanked my rating from around 780 to mid 500's. This time around I am going to stick to using current meta hero, Kane, since it is just now that I managed to return to my previous rating.

Honestly, I don't find it as bad now as it was in previous patch. Yes Kane is annoying but at least I am seeing a lot of different teams going around, compared to the old version. Kobojo so far showed that they are closely monitoring the forums and game so hopefully they are going to change things a bit in the future. Until then I will use Kane.

There is one thing that annoys me more than Kane in this game and it is when matchamking puts me against people that are 200hp higher than me. In my last match I had 1129 and opponent had 1325. That is the biggest gripe I have with this game atm, that should be change that first game tries to match you with people 2 levels tops difference from you.
Using Kane and using Kane's exploit are different things though and the reason you are seeing new teams is because all 4 Blue Wall meta heroes got nerfed but the nerf on Kane was/is to small and still exploitable. The different teams was a scramble and since Yellow Kane meta was minimally impacted by the nerfing it took over. I don't have a problem with Kane being on every ones team I take issue with the way he works at the moment being exploited and cheating players that refuse to abuse him. The way Kane used to work prevented this exploit and he needs to be rolled back or nerfed harder, none of the other booster heroes get to boost heroes on the sideline that aren't in play why should he?

I think we can all agree getting matched with people hundreds of points above us is a pain but over all it has little impact on my wins. I usually win or lose by more than 200 points. Limiting us to a couple levels up or down would is a great idea though.

My problem is usually more about points than health I get tired of having to win 4 matches to get ahead cause I win 2-3 points in a match on average but I loose 5-8. If I don't lose the first, 3 winning matches might get me a point but usually breaks even cause I will almost always lose the 4th and need to 5th match to get my 4th win and earn 3+ points o.O

For me climbing that ladder is a pain unless your running the exploit and that's no fun for anyone -_-

Anubisath
10-03-2016, 12:06 AM
Heh I know your pain with points, win a match get 3 points tops, lose a match lose 6 points. Game likes to match me against people with lower rating. Hopefully they nerf Kane not yellow heroes since Kane is the problem there not them.

[K] Aza
10-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Dear Commanders,

The team is aware of an issue causing Kane's ability to trigger multiple times and a fix will be implemented shortly.
Please stay tuned for an announcement!

Best regards,
The Primal Legends Team

Meo
10-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Firstly...I do use Kane but I want him to be fixed. There is nothing worst than seeing him come out and then Falkar and knowing your hero is going to be slaughtered.

EasyG
10-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Glad to heart that [K] Aza :)

You probably know about it but just in case: Styr has the same bug as Kane (probably because they use the same mechanism), just less people notice the free boosts from Styr.

Zach Dooley
10-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Strys boost is so minimal compared to Kanes he can stay the way he is. He needs all the help he can get.

EasyG
10-03-2016, 08:28 PM
I think this is not an issue of balance but of fixing a bug. Styr may need a boost but lets not base it on a bug.

In the present form you can in one turn have easily up to x4 boost a hero which, even despite the strange math, is greater than a single boost from Kane, if I'm not mistaken. And that's a boost that does not disappear as Kane's so it's quite good, although a bit slower..

Meo
10-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Styr doesn't need a boost.

The way to use Styr is as a shield and hope he dies a quick death. He grants a 300HP boost upon his death (level 256 is so hard to beat because of him).

But since I've gone with an all yellow team, I really hate seeing Kane. I just got dealt 1000+ HP damage in one round.

Irfan Kusnanto
10-11-2016, 11:17 AM
Also Styr has less HP compared to Kane. and more vulnerable because of his 3 slot length

hnnng
10-11-2016, 05:32 PM
They way Kane is set up now is fine. The issue is that his power is way too OP. At only level 6, he boosts 51% which is ridiculous. This should be cut in half.

Meo
10-11-2016, 06:37 PM
No, it's not his boost that is the problem. It's the way he is set up, his power isn't OP if when you put him out for the first time his power gets used up/remains inactive.

People are not putting any heros out until Kane is ready. Put Kane out = +40-50% the moment their hero comes out afterwards. Use Kane again for another +40-50% on top of that making Torr or whoever hit 200% or Tai heal 200%

If his powers doesn't activate but kept on reserve, so when someone puts out a Torr it only hits 100% like it's suppose it, It would not pose a problem at all. Right now everyone is HIDING their heroes until Kane is ready so they are hitting 150-200% when it's their turn and if they are lucky they can get 1000+HP in one round.

Skunkix
10-11-2016, 08:00 PM
he should drop the bar after placed

Meo
10-11-2016, 08:44 PM
he should drop the bar after placed

I'm fine with him not dropping the bar like Horis but his ability shouldn't be active than.

Anubisath
10-11-2016, 10:32 PM
Why would he be the only hero that doesn't activate his bar once put on the board? As far as I know all heroes activate their ability moment they are on the board. He should activate his ability once dropped on the board, but his buff stays activated on heroes until they activate their ability for the first time. That would still make him useful but not broken as he is atm.