PDA

View Full Version : Balancing game at the beginning

Ravandel
10-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Hey I have a small suggestion. Maybe I am not highest ranked player but I noticed that game is not really competitive because huge factor here is luck. I have even situation today when my opponent left me with less than 400 hp and full charged Mori and Roku after his first turn (so I didn't even have a chance to anything). Its rare but still its insane.

My 2 suggestions, just for beginning of game.

1. Mulligan. Most often found in card games. In that type of games you have just an option to replace chosen cards in your opening hand.
Here in PL you will have an option to get completely new board again. First time for free, second mulligan will cost you 1 move, third 2 moves. Imo it could help a lot to bring some balance. In this case also second player could do mulligan AFTER 1st player turn. I think going second is still worse than going first even with 4 moves.

2. On the starting board you should always have exact number of blocks with 1 color. Board have 36 blocks, so there should be 4x9. This will help to prevent insane combos at the start in most cases.

You could of course disagree but atm luck is too much factor if the game want to have competitive PvP.

Ravandel
08-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Bump (old idea).