PDA

View Full Version : Any tips to get to 900+ rating?

PROmalLEGEND
10-08-2016, 08:50 PM
The forums logged me out automatically and deleted the whole thing when I tried to post it. Not cool. Anyway, note to self, ALWAYS copy paste before trying to post. Though this might be better, because the last post was really rambly anyway.

I used Erys Gwenn Masha Roku to get from 600 to 820, but last night everyone was running either Tanky Heal-Mills with Tai Mori Masha Roku or OTK builds like Kane Torr Drall Noren so I kept losing. Tried to copy their builds but I did not succeed so I dropped all the way down to 760. I searched the forums and apparently higher ranked players use Kishu Mori Masha Roku, but I don't have Kishu ( I'm level 18 ) so I went with Sokal Mori Masha Roku. Works okay, I won twice and got to 768, which makes me feel a little safer about dropping below 750.

I'll try to remember all the questions I had and list them out.

These questions are for any players 900+, and please feel free to only answer the ones you want if you like:

1. What is your level and rating?
2. Do you have a favorite hero and why?
3. What team did you use to climb up to 900?
4. Can you give me some insight on how you play your heroes? Do you place one and wait for your opponent? Or play them all?
5. How much damage do you expect to deal on your opening turn?
6. Do you keep playing even if you don't have any chest space remaining? Or do you open chests as you play if you are out of space?
7. Any tips on beating 2-turn or 3-turn OTK builds, or is that just something you disregard when building your team?
8. Is there a special strategy you have to dealing as much direct damage as possible?
9. In how many turns on average do higher level games end?
10. Any tips/tricks on building combos on your board?
11. Anything else you wanted to talk about that I missed?

Thanks so much! I know that I'm asking for a lot but all your answers are so appreciated!

I

Manuel Chu
10-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Join our telegram chat group theres are high rank players than can answer your questions more efficiently to you

Ravandel
10-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Hey

1.My highest rating was 1040, atm 900+. Got 23 lvl.
2. Torr/Falkar/Drall, I just like how they work :)
3. Went back yesterday to Wolf league and went back with Mori/Kishu/Masha/Roku, went 900+ first time probably with Kane/Falkar/Drall/Torr
4. At higher rating its situational depending on many things but mainly opponent build. Normally with blue/yellow healers I place them when 4 fully charged or 3 (except Mori coz she has highest gauge). Also your place them while you still have 3 moves available, so at start of your turn if you do otherwise opponent can kill your hero and break the combo, also you can charge that hero with 3 available moves. But it all depends, you need to learn how people play and different scenarios.
5. Most often only from matched blocks. Sometimes if lucky I put some heroes and can put 200+ but its rare.
6. Yes, why not? You got exp and rating.
7. You need to beat them faster. Otherwise you lose. Thats why i prefer yellow/blue to Kane OTK, because its faster, can kill enemy on 2nd/3rd turn.
8. Put all heroes. Masha one tiles from one of board side and next to her Roku in corner so he can activate all blocks charged by her. Then you go Mori + Kishu. Order of played heroes -> Masha/Mori -> Kishu -> Roku
9. Depends on teams. Healers vs healers can take longer because buffed units shielding you also from opponent dmg. But most often around 3 - 5 turns.
10. If fully charged don't match units with colors of your heroes. Left them or try to hide them at the sides (they are most likely not be destroyed). Watch moves in advance, not match 3 but match 3 which match 4, then match 3 which match another 3. You should learn it with time.
11, Atm more and more people using build I am talking about and seems like 80% of time person who go first will win because 1st player is always ahead 2 moves which is huge for healers. I was using before Torr/Falkar/Drall/Erys with targeting heroes or doing direct damage for OTK yellow combo. But it was too slow for healers and too slow for OTK Kane. But managed to go up to 980+ with it.

At lvl 25 people are using Krys. Kane + Krys who will do 350+ dmg, you go Mori + Roku. And you do that combo if you can charge Krys again. So 700+ dmg + Mori + Roku in 1 turn. Its way better than Yellow OTK.

But most important factor is luck. Even person 200 rating lower than you can beat you in 2nd or 3rd turn if lucky enough and know basics about his or her build

Also lvl is very important. You got more cards, more hp, more heroes, more gifts. At 21 you got Falkar and Kishu which are important.

I hope that might help. You can also watch how our friend Xerks is playing on youtube. Name :
Xerks King

PROmalLEGEND
10-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply, Ravandel!

Yeah, maybe I should boost to level 21 at least first. I am starting to get matched with Kishu a lot and it's really hard to win against her (she honestly feels OP from my perspective)

I wanted to ask because I tend to play fairly well. I usually deal anywhere between 180 and 300 damage with my first 3 moves, but I still lose like crazy, so I was hoping to see if I was missing something. I was playing against a 922 rating player last night and he was dealing 250+ damage every turn for three turns in a row (without using any heroes) so I began to doubt whether I was actually good or not. It might just be my hero placement that needs work. Anyway, seems like I still have a lot to learn, but I'll take it slow and just grind some levels first. Thanks!

Xerkspking
10-09-2016, 06:34 AM
Hi PromalLegend,

1. Im Xerkspking, Level 26 and my highest Elo is 1661
2. My favorite hero I use is Roku, not used is Vernay - I like Roku it always gives u option, extra move and dependable hp and atk damage. I could literally say its hard for my team without him.
3. When I started to climb up I was using Erys, Roku, Mori and Masha - When I reached 1400 since its hard to stay there, i use Roku, Mori, Krys and Kane. my last team though might not be advisable when they adjust Kane.
4. Actually in my recent team it all depends, sometimes if i see opponent is such long way to gauge in then i atk first and if they do, i stay patient and wait for opportunity while playing defense. The real advice should be, Know your heroes well, be aware, focus on the battle board, and always look for best placement order of your team.
5. Depends on what team i use. Also it is not often you can be full gauge in first turn so maybe between 100 - 500 depend on luck. Second turn I guess should be atleast 500 and third should be finishing point.
6. I keep playing, I love PvP.
7. Use fast gauging heroes, and do as much damage as you can.
8. Yes but you have to figure it out on your own.
9. 3 minimum and 5 maybe max.
10. Practice makes perfect. :)
11. Be patient, be calm, coz whenever u lose in anger, it will be hard for you to go on winning streak. Wins will come if you work hard. :)

Meo
10-11-2016, 08:40 PM
1. Meo Level 21, 900+
2. Ken-uh cause he deals damage to all heroes on the board + direct damage to the enemy.
3. Kishu, Masha, Falkar, Ken-uh
4. I play Kishu and Masha next to each other and sometimes Ken-uh if I feel I can get him active again.
5. Depends if they got their heroes out. If so at least 300.
6. I play sometimes if I'm on a roll (also if I need more wins to open the Battle Chest or whatever it's called)
8. Making sure Falkar, Ken-uh's gauge is full when the opponent puts out their hero.
9. 4-5 usually.
10. Use Falkar as a front block before Masha.
11. Not good against Erys. Just lost to a guy that dealt 1099+ HP damage hiding Kane so yeah...not great against those people either.

Manuel Chu
10-12-2016, 02:19 PM
1. Meo Level 21, 900+
2. Ken-uh cause he deals damage to all heroes on the board + direct damage to the enemy.
3. Kishu, Masha, Falkar, Ken-uh
4. I play Kishu and Masha next to each other and sometimes Ken-uh if I feel I can get him active again.
5. Depends if they got their heroes out. If so at least 300.
6. I play sometimes if I'm on a roll (also if I need more wins to open the Battle Chest or whatever it's called)
8. Making sure Falkar, Ken-uh's gauge is full when the opponent puts out their hero.
9. 4-5 usually.
10. Use Falkar as a front block before Masha.
11. Not good against Erys. Just lost to a guy that dealt 1099+ HP damage hiding Kane so yeah...not great against those people either.

i play with you yesterday 2 times like you team but is like get rich or die trying style sometimes rgn is good with you and sometimes trolls you , i have been seen a lot of mono color team lately yellow red and blue , i like pvp now after reset elo see alot of people with diferrente play style