PDA

View Full Version : Elo points system range should be 0-3 points

Manuel Chu
11-10-2016, 05:34 PM
i want to write about current elo point system , yesterday i fought like 50 battles and lost 12 or 13 battles my points go down from 1141 to 1096 although i won so many battles my elo goes down 35 points so i feel unfair won only 0-3 points max per battle and lost 6-9 points per battle so , i recommend a 0 -3 point range system is more fair that way , losing 6 -9 points per battle is not a fair for high rank and high level players and hurts more when you disconnect from server , this my suggestion to kobojo a range of 0-3 points fair for all players

Ravandel
11-11-2016, 05:44 PM
I agree that system is bad. I would prefer 1-3 points for all players. Fighting with someone and if you win you get 0 if you lose you get -3 is bad too.

I have also another proposition - kinda like inverted points gaining. Main purpose of it will be gaining most points for same elo players. Like you get +5 or -5 for players with similar elo to yours, and if elo gap is higher you gets or lose less.

In example.
You have 900 elo.

Enemy got 915 elo
Win +5
Lose -5

Enemy got 1100 elo
Win +3
Lose -3

Enemy got 500 elo
Win +1
Lose -1

But wait, isn't it unfair if someone with 500 elo to beat player with 900 elo and gain only 1 point? In my opinion not, because 95% of times if higher elo player lose its because either DC or Insane luck of low elo player. Winning in that situation doesn't count as skill.

Ok but what if person with lower elo is PRO and should gain more points not 1? Well, if he is PRO then he will climb fast fighting with same elo players.

I propose for this solution 1-5 elo per battle, where 5 is with enemy with closest elo to you.

This game is too RNG for having scale like 0-10 because you can have just bad luck and lose -8 then again -8.

Michael Garde
11-12-2016, 06:38 AM
I dont think how high or low your elo points should gauge what points you win and it be based on level of heroes...
low elo levels can have high ranking heroes and smash other players, also it would allow for more use of trying other heroes that ppl havent levelled up as much as their strongest team that most run with...
with the amount of heroes there are to use I personally like to try lots of different combos, which does lead to me losing a lot of battles but is also more fun for me...

Xerkspking
11-12-2016, 07:42 AM
i understand that the issue of how many online players might be the main reason the match up system is a mess. my suggestion would be to lower the cap of gain and loss of elo. losing - 10 elo and gaining +1 for winning is just not balance.

fixing the match up system though is much more appropriate.

Manuel Chu
11-12-2016, 04:31 PM
if you see top 100 almost the same players and lion league the same players because current elo points system is broken and making players hard to climb up to top. my case of 50 battels lost 12 or 13 and even won majority of the games i lost points , in which game have you see winning 36 or 37 battles of 50 you lost points ? and draw is other issue how is posible draw and lost points ? game punish players to hard in pvp for lost

Meo
11-14-2016, 05:55 PM
I dont think how high or low your elo points should gauge what points you win and it be based on level of heroes...
low elo levels can have high ranking heroes and smash other players, also it would allow for more use of trying other heroes that ppl havent levelled up as much as their strongest team that most run with...
with the amount of heroes there are to use I personally like to try lots of different combos, which does lead to me losing a lot of battles but is also more fun for me...

I agree with this. It should be based on the total hero level rather than the elo. >3 levels = +1 elo point.

Hero level 32 v. 35 = +/- 5 elo points
Hero level 32 v. 38 = +6 / -4 elo points (if you are the lower hero level player)

Manuel Chu
11-19-2016, 05:36 PM
lately seeing a lot of high lv players but low elo like 600-700 will be nice a change in elo system

Ravandel
11-19-2016, 09:14 PM
Elo based on player lvl seems legit to me also. I approve this idea.

Current elo system is horrible in RNG game like PL. It works in other games where skill matters MOST but NOT here.