PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - trades

Ravandel
11-19-2016, 11:22 PM
I think we should have another system other than Gifts and I will call it Trades.

How it would work?

1. In your profile you would choose a cards you want and cards you can give. That cards can be seen by other friends.
2. Then you need to find other friend who did opposite of you in ad.1 (want cards you have to spare, and need cards you can give).
3. Then you will send him an offer.
4. Friend can accept or refuse that.

I will give you an example:
1. You need Falkar and Kishu so you set them as 'needed'. You then choose something you can give to friend for them, in that case it will be Erys, Drall and Gwenn.
2. You are now checking other friends needs and find person who needs Erys and can give Kishu.
3. You send him request and you choose there trade Erys for Kishu.
4. Later if friend see your offer he can either accept it or refuse it. You can also get offers from friends and either accept or refuse them.

Now things to note:
- you can choose trading for other types of rarity like commons for epics, or rares for legendaries but ratio will of course not be 1:1, it will be for example like 50 or more commons for 1 epic
- there will be fixed amount of trades that you can perform, like 2 trades from your request, and 2 trades from friends which you can accept; so you would be able to perform 4 trades overall per day
- number of heroes cards for trade will be fixed (might be similar to Gifts numbers), like 3 for 3, if other player don't have 3 but 1, then trade will be 1 for 1

Michael Garde
11-19-2016, 11:57 PM
a trade system would be much better then the gift system so I like this idea
it would be as simple as you have a wish list you want and a list of heroes you wish to pass on. Everyone of your friends can see both lists and while looking if they want to make the trade they just do it, no need for confirmation from the friend who posted the list as they have already expressed this is what they want...
agreed it wouldnt be 1:1.. you would need many of a common hero to trade with a legendary but at the moment i'd trade every common tile I have spare (which would be in the thousands) to just get noren and falkar! (nearly lvl 25 and still dont have either)

11-20-2016, 01:31 AM
kobojo may be willing to let u get what u want in such an easy way dude.
if they can make a profit from what u demand. they ll consider.
they need money to run the server.u know

Michael Garde
11-20-2016, 02:40 AM
kobojo may be willing to let u get what u want in such an easy way dude.
if they can make a profit from what u demand. they ll consider.
they need money to run the server.u know

they don't make money off the gift system as it is... and its not like everyone will get what they want.... I could imagine a lot of people asking for legendaries but not many willing to pass them on..
and they make money off the ridiculously expensive in game purchase and advertisements... the more people that play and watch the ads the more they charge and make off the ads. So the more encouragement in the game to keep people playing and advancing means they will make more money

gWorldz
11-20-2016, 04:28 AM
I would like to see a change in how gifts work but I'm not interested in a complicated trade system is more than I would want. As it is the need/want list will have 4-5 dominate requests and the can give/trade list will almost always have Styr Pyk and Arpa on it. I'm not into the idea but card values common to rare to epic are already in game well for the gifting system if you think about it.

I forget what it was at lower levels but right now I can request 24 commons 11 rare or 3 epic so maybe those numbers would work for a trade system too, -_-

At my level 1 Epic = 4 Rare = 8 Common or 2:1 for Rare to Common ... I know the numbers are very different than suggested but I think valuing an epic at 50 commons is ridiculous some commons are more valuable than epics in my opinion o.O

Michael Garde
11-20-2016, 05:22 AM
I'm lvl 24 and can request 1 epic or 9 rare at this point.. not sure what common is...
where I was coming from is at is it relies on generosity of others to score some through gifting and would work better if you were getting something in return.
Valuing an epic at 50 may sound ridiculous but thats kinda the point, if it's something you want then you gotta pay for it. I'd gladly trade 50 common of something I don't use for 1 epic that i chase desperately but that would also keep a kinda of balance of not letting some players getting way to ahead.
I'm all for any sort of trade system tho

gWorldz
11-20-2016, 06:09 AM
yea trading what you don't use would be great 50:1

... now I want 50 krys for any rare your choice ;)

Michael Garde
11-20-2016, 06:42 AM
yea trading what you don't use would be great 50:1

... now I want 50 krys for any rare your choice ;)

epics bro, not rares, I would give you that for Erys or Kishu! or even Drall
unfortunately I only have lvl 2 Krys with only 3 extras
but say even 50 common for a legenday, 25 common for an epic would be good, remember the numbers were just used an example anyway

gWorldz
11-20-2016, 07:11 AM
I meant epic sorry about that, I was just saying 50 Commons according to Kobojo standards would be at least 2 epics and makes more sense fora system like this to use current standards set pertaining to daily acquisitions. Its not just about getting what you want its also about not exceeding daily limits imposed by gift restrictions to slow our growth.

No one with access to Krys is willing to part with 50 for any epic, and most of the epic for Krys trades are in much lower numbers in negotiations I have witnessed, most of those are more like 8:1 or 12:1 Commons are just more valuable than allot of people realize they are, its more apparent at higher levels. As for Legendary ... well to be blunt, I don't think trading or gifting them should be possible. I hate when a game gets a trade system and the whales start throwing stuff to their baby accounts but I wasn't going to explain myself and why I dislike the idea I just feel like I shouldn't hold back on it if we are having a serious discussion about it. My reason for not wanting it can be more important than my reason for altering the values suggested :O_O:

Xerkspking
11-20-2016, 07:43 AM
This is just my opinion:

The idea of trading is very good. Though it should'nt / couldn't be exploited in any other ways. Trading one on one with a player is very exploitable so i guess though i know the poster of this thread don't think like that and only suggesting for good reasons.

To make a trade unexploitable is to have a middle party. Lets say KBJ will add a feature like a trade house, where u can auction your trade value and trade partners there (everyone will have a chance). KBJ will then generate if some players are available to the requirements of your trade and assign it to you as your trade partner. (means you will not know the other party you will be trading). Trade can only done once per day and should have minimum trade quantity.

gWorldz
11-20-2016, 08:09 AM
This is just my opinion:

The idea of trading is very good. Though it should'nt / couldn't be exploited in any other ways. Trading one on one with a player is very exploitable so i guess though i know the poster of this thread don't think like that and only suggesting for good reasons.

To make a trade unexploitable is to have a middle party. Lets say KBJ will add a feature like a trade house, where u can auction your trade value and trade partners there (everyone will have a chance). KBJ will then generate if some players are available to the requirements of your trade and assign it to you as your trade partner. (means you will not know the other party you will be trading). Trade can only done once per day and should have minimum trade quantity.

Yea that I could go for but that's a heavy burden for a mobile game and allot of development. The worst part is that type of system is one that is often abused and exploited in other games even with the parent company involved ... unless they get really complicated and implement a supply vs demand system that values cards wanted at higher values than cards not wanted ... you know like a system that realizes Pyk is squat and values him same as Ku-Luo or Maarrar because almost no one wants him o.O

Michael Garde
11-20-2016, 08:48 AM
"No one with access to Krys is willing to part with 50 for any epic" uuummm dude you replied to me saying thats exactly what i would do LOL, i dont care for krys so here is someone that is willing to give him away. same as kiit,9/10 teams i come up against use him but i dont care for him.

we are talking commons and rare and epic etc when yeah it is about specific heroes, but it is more about how attainable these heroes are within the game itself that gives them there value, ie/ common are common, rare are rarer etc.... there are heroes amongst them all we prefer, and ones we don't so know one really cares bout getting rid of excess ones they don't want if they are getting what they want, even if the value of what you are giving away is not equal to what you are getting or equal to game standards... whats the point of having a hundreds of a hero you never use or wont to use when you could trade it for a few of your fav and level up. Also that greatly helps limit the exploitation. From the players perspective sure i want things as cheap and easy as possible to obtain but it also makes things pretty lame. trading alot of what you dont want for a little of what you do makes more sense for the game as a whole tho

gWorldz
11-20-2016, 09:06 AM
I see your point, but I also use all my heroes for different things and well over half my heroes in arena on different teams. As the game developes more and more useless and currently excess cards will become useful and wanted. I level everything and I gift almost anything my friends ask for, is why I am sitting 0/80 on most of my epics, but work to find a use for allot of cards i would otherwise avoid. In what I suggested those cards you don't want would be valued higher based on demand and benefit you immensely :D

My suggestion was more about game balance than what I was willing to pay for an epic. currently my daily limit is 48 commons from friends. Allowing me to trade 1 epic for 50 commons doubles my daily maximum number of common heroes and lets me skate through to level 12 commons that much faster at twice a day thats 100 commons for my 2 epics giving me 3x the current standard ... you might not think it would be a big impact on the game but Kobojo did thats why they set the limits in the first place and why we chose 1 every 12h it prevents us from advancing too quickly. We already advance pretty quickly up to 21 and it slows 21-25 but still goes fairly quick at 25+ its a creepy crawl to advance because they need us in game and active to keep the game running if you can max everything 3x faster we'd all be max right now bored either waiting for content or moving on to other games.

Its just knowing small things like the number allowed have a great impact on the game as a whole, that make me weary about a trade system :ohno:

Meo
11-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Rather than trade with other players maybe we could recycle/trade-in cards.

There is two ways of doing this:

1. Trade in cards for RANDOM cards. Trade in 5 card for 1 card of equal value. So if you trade in 5 legendary you will get a legendary card back, common for common, etc. So if you want Krys, you could try trading in extra common cards you have.

I made it 5 cause you could get something completely useless.

2. Guaranteed cards. You select a card you want and the system will, on the bases of demand, assign it a number of cards you need to trade it. Base number of cards 25 (range 1-100) base on demand/cards traded in by players.

Hopefully this will add a bit of diversity.

Xerkspking
11-20-2016, 09:26 AM
Rather than trade with other players maybe we could recycle/trade-in cards.

There is two ways of doing this:

1. Trade in cards for RANDOM cards. Trade in 5 card for 1 card of equal value. So if you trade in 5 legendary you will get a legendary card back, common for common, etc. So if you want Krys, you could try trading in extra common cards you have.

I made it 5 cause you could get something completely useless.

2. Guaranteed cards. You select a card you want and the system will, on the bases of demand, assign it a number of cards you need to trade it. Base number of cards 25 (range 1-100) base on demand/cards traded in by players.

Hopefully this will add a bit of diversity.

This is nice idea, in my opinion or there will be like combine shards to make other cards (random) - consume to exchange directly to coins or any same theory as meo said.

Meo
11-20-2016, 09:40 AM
This is nice idea, in my opinion or there will be like combine shards to make other cards (random) - consume to exchange directly to coins or any same theory as meo said.

Yes...exchanging for coins would be nice too. I feel like I have to be so frugal with my purchases and upgrades since the only way to earn coins is to open chest.

Michael Garde
11-20-2016, 10:11 AM
one thing based on kobojos other game mutants genetic gladiators is they would never put in any system where you could trade or swap or give away characters. It was highly demanded for years even just for the some sort of random recycle system where you put in a lot of unwanted to get a chance at getting something you may need but they would never do it so i doubt we'll get anything than the gift system here... I hope we do but i doubt it

Xerkspking
11-20-2016, 11:24 AM
one thing based on kobojos other game mutants genetic gladiators is they would never put in any system where you could trade or swap or give away characters. It was highly demanded for years even just for the some sort of random recycle system where you put in a lot of unwanted to get a chance at getting something you may need but they would never do it so i doubt we'll get anything than the gift system here... I hope we do but i doubt it

They might consider because this is a different game and different mktg strategy.

Ravandel
11-20-2016, 03:57 PM
Ok, since I didn't expected 2 pages of discussion about that topic which I thought is almost "off-topic" (proposed much more needed and serious stuff in other threads) so I want to make some points and clarify.

First of all, trades doesn't differ much from gifts, but you suddenly find trades more exploitable, when its NOT. You will get same card restrictions and what I have proposed was example values only. Current gift system is also exploitable or even more because you got gold from nowhere for gifting cards. My idea was to do 2 your trades and 2 trades that other friends proposed ONCE a day. If this is too high then there might be 1 trade overall per day. Still its pretty good.

Second thing is about that everyone will want to trade away Pyk for something good so it doesn't make sens. Well if you now want Kishu or Krys its almost same deal, often you got 0, so maybe remove gift system? If someone is so greedy he want give away Pyk for Erys i.e. then its his lost. I myself will set "Krys" for 'needed' and give for them Falkar/Erys. Its better deal and some ppl might be interested in trading for that.

Also what Meo proposed. I think system like destroy 3 cards for 1 specific cards will be ok. I myself don't think 5 cards for 1 random is good deal for using. You may think it is until you find out that you bet 5 Pyk for 1 Pyk because RNG is doing tricks to you. Fair deal is 3 cards for 1 that you CHOOSE. Like 30 Styr for 10 Falkar. You might think oh Styr is crap and you get Falkar but next patch KBJ will change Styr to OP and Falkar to useless and it might be opposite. Point for KBJ is that you still lost 20 cards in that trade.

Also destroying cards for gold is good idea.

Meo
11-21-2016, 12:43 AM
The reason I think the market should set the price is because with a 3 for 1 card trade, you could easily get a single hero to such a high level that the hero is unstoppable. In my opinion Torr and Krys would be 2 heroes that would be great to level up to level 10. If I scrap all my common heroes at a 3 for 1 rate, I could do it. It would not be hard to activate them twice per turn, that's like 800 HP damage?

So next it the wait for KBJ to "balance" out the hero so they do less damage? Decreasing HP wouldn't help in my opinion, if I can do 800 damage I'd let them take the 500 HP or whatever their life is worth.

(It's not 25 base point for all heroes, is just for common, legendary should be maybe 3). BTW Styr is pretty awesome in my opinion, I love his death rattle and his ability.