PDA

View Full Version : [Moderated] Fix the yellow tiles already

JB48
11-22-2016, 02:40 AM
Jesus christ, concentrating on yellow matches, it took me 6 full turns to charge my heroes, thats 18 moves! , how can i win if opponent has OP krys that hits for 300 and can charge twice in a turn!

11-22-2016, 06:51 AM
calm down buddy. its random. u should try more different teams and other strategy.

Ravandel
11-22-2016, 07:40 AM
I have a solution - use 4 colors :) You will always have match.

But to be real, yes RNG is one of biggest problems of balance in PL. Proposed a thread with improvements about that. Being angry won't help. Giving propositions or supporting that which exist already might work.

Xerkspking
11-22-2016, 09:20 AM
This i can tell, the more your heroes is leveled the more it can compete in pvp. Some heroes are not even strong before and i feel you commander, that i had experienced too. When i leveled my heroes i can say that it is already useful. Yes in higher leagues those yellows are fast to kill with your reds. If your concerned with Krys activating twice, when you use him i guess its more than i cannot activate him than i can.

Best of luck and happy gaming!

[K] BlueSky
11-22-2016, 10:37 AM
We really appreciate your participation to the forums, that being said, kindly refrain from vulgarity - your post has been moderated.

In regards to Unit color ratios on the board, I can confirm it's fully random. This is why playing mono-color teams can be challenging if the RNG fails you. I currently play a full Yellow build so I know that it can be frustrating sometimes when you can't get the units you need.

A way to deal with this, as suggested by Ravendel, is to mitigate RNG by playing other colors. 2, 3, or 4 color builds can work quite well.
Lastly, when you're stuck on matches you need, try to identify Matches Sequences (also called Cascades) to replenish as many units as possible.
This video elaborates on the second point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSOnxBFHr2Y

Meo
11-22-2016, 06:03 PM
It's random, you probably just noticed it when it's not in your favour. I had quite a bit of matches when my opponent activated Kishu & Masha, 3 times per turn. Maybe use 2 colours (4 colours is too much).

I think if you go 2nd, tiles seem to fall less in your favour and the one time it does drop in your favour is when your turn ends. Of course, that's probably just my biased observation.

Ravandel
11-22-2016, 06:11 PM
Hah Meo I noticed that thing which you said also about going first and 2nd.

Michael Garde
11-22-2016, 11:51 PM
I've though that at times, but than i started taking more notice of when things fell in my favour and it was a lot too...... you just take more notice when you don't get what you need to be competitive... its just luck of draw and personally i like it that way....
I used to use kishu alot but not so much now, I prefer the tiles I leave to be wiped out because i've generally used the 2 or 3 colours up out of them that i want to use and need a fresh board and hope my colours drop... rule of thumb for me now is to not use one colour, for all heroes. 3 colours seems to be the most effective for me but im happy to go with 2,3 or 4 depending on what heroes i throw together

JB48
11-23-2016, 12:27 AM
I find team using all blue deck almost always fill their 4 heroes in their 1st turn, I can rarely do that with yellow,
Also im still noticing almost everytime i face a high elo player, their starting card ia just a thing of beauty almost everytime! I understand luck play a part in this but luck only shifts things in ur favor a bit, not to the point that 90% of the time, i get nothing while the other guy with red or blue deck kills me in 3 turns!

Manuel Chu
11-23-2016, 12:31 AM
I find team using all blue deck almost always fill their 4 heroes in their 1st turn, I can rarely do that with yellow,
Also im still noticing almost everytime i face a high elo player, their starting card ia just a thing of beauty almost everytime! I understand luck play a part in this but luck only shifts things in ur favor a bit, not to the point that 90% of the time, i get nothing while the other guy with red or blue deck kills me in 3 turns!

Maybe you dont have skills to cascade when you dont see in board yellow blocks ,move more others colors

Meo
11-23-2016, 12:53 AM
Have you ever tried using other colours? You seem to be very insistent on using yellow, try blue/red.

I use to have an all yellow team but it was hit or miss and usually miss since I'm reliant on 1 colour (25% of the tiles would be in my favour). Which is why I have a yellow/red team now.

I've seen all blue/red teams unable to summon a hero before I wipe them out (likewise this has happened to me), so I think it is luck.

Michael Garde
11-23-2016, 01:13 AM
"[QUOTE=JB48;64532]I find team using all blue deck almost always fill their 4 heroes in their 1st turn,"

and there is no mention of what heroes they were and how many tiles it takes to activate each hero which is actually the most important factor. if you want activation in your first turn then choose heroes that are quickly activated and use more then one colour.

Xerkspking
11-23-2016, 08:00 AM
"[QUOTE=JB48;64532]I find team using all blue deck almost always fill their 4 heroes in their 1st turn,"

and there is no mention of what heroes they were and how many tiles it takes to activate each hero which is actually the most important factor. if you want activation in your first turn then choose heroes that are quickly activated and use more then one colour.

Actually veteran and high elo players already knows more about how and what to prioritize in cascading. This is gained through experience. When u stay and play in PVP longer it will eventually be easier for you.