PDA

View Full Version : New Player Frustration/ Questions

Noetherian
11-25-2016, 07:58 PM
I am quite new to the game and I want to like it. However, I am finding the game frustrating because I don't understand the basic combat mechanics.

Is there a web page somewhere that explains the mechanics of combat?

1) What determines the damage that my opponent takes. When I make a match and send troops down an empty column, my opponent takes damage. What factors determine how much damage my normal troops do?

2) Sometimes my opponent takes damage from my attack even though I haven't been able to get my troops all the way to hos back line. I think this might be caused by my killing some of his troops? What determines how much damage he takes.

3) Is there any benefit to matching 4 or 5 of a kind instead of just 3?

4) Is there any benefit to making multiple matches with one move?

5) Matching a color allows me yo make progress towards summoning heroes of that color. Sometimes the gauge fills up faster than others? Are there things that I can do to summon heroes faster?

6) Some heroes seem to summon faster than others. Is there any way out of combat to figure out which heroes are faster/slower to summon? (I haven't been able to find that information in the hero card.)

7) If I have two heroes of the same color, do they summon slower because they are splitting power between them? Or does matching Yellow give the same power/energy/whatever regards of how many yellow heroes I have on my team?

In any case, I think I am going to give up on this game. These sort of mechanics questions seem pretty basic, but I have no idea how to find the answers. I am not sure if a game with this much strategic depth can survive without some better way of exposing mechanics information to the players.

Michael Garde
11-25-2016, 09:14 PM
hey mate.. as far as I know there is know official game guide, just bits and pieces of info here and there
check these for some really basic starters, it should answer some of your questions
http://heavy.com/games/2016/08/primal-legends-tips-cheats-ios-android-mobile-games/
http://www.touchtapplay.com/primal-legends-cheats-tips-strategy-to-win-everything/http://www.touchtapplay.com/primal-legends-cheats-tips-strategy-to-win-everything/
primal-legends.com/heroes
whatever isn't answered, just repeat the numbers you stated and i'm sure myself or others can answer them...... I have been playing for a fair while now and there is still things i'm unclear of

oh but heres number 6) for ya, it is pretty important... different heroes fill at different rates, and they always take more to activate the first time then they do times after.

Ravandel
11-25-2016, 09:26 PM
Ok short answers in case you want:

1 & 2. Dead troop = -5 hp, dead hero = - BASE hp of hero. Your units normally do 5 damage, but glowing units (they are created after you match 4 or 5) do 10 (match 4) or 15 (match 5). If you hit opponent directly troop will do like 6 dmg (+20% for direct hit as far as I know).

3. Yes. You charge heroes faster and there will be additional buffed unit created.

4. Yes more dmg, faster activation and also after first match next charges hero for more.

5. Match more troops also each hero has his own bar to fill - some need like 35, others like 100. For each unit you match you got +5.

6. There is a number near that card icon in hero information.

7. Gives the same. NO splitting.

Knightified
11-25-2016, 09:34 PM
1.) All troops at the beginning of the game have 5 HP (Meaning they'll do 5 damage when activated). If they hit the enemy commander directly (Meaning they were sent down an empty column), I know that the basic 5 HP heroes will do 6 (Pretty sure it's 6) damage instead of the normal 5. When their HP is buffed through heroes, not sure how the damage multiplier works when hitting enemy commander directly.

2.) When a troop dies, the commander loses 5 HP. When a hero dies, the commander loses however much max HP that hero has (not counting buffs to HP through healers).

3.) Matching 4+ of the same color will create what I like to call the "supercharged" troop. This supercharged troop has higher health than normal troops and will charge your heroes quicker. You can tell which troops are supercharged by the special "energy ring" that flows around them. It is also important to note that you're able to activate two supercharged troops with each other regardless of their color by sliding them into each other.

4.) More matches = More activated troops = More damage for that turn. It really depends on whatever you want to do though. I have a strategy of all red heroes so I'll usually prioritize charging my heroes over multiple matches of a different color.

5.) The more of one color you match a turn, the more your hero will charge that turn. Supercharged troops also charge heroes more than normal troops. Alternatively, there are some heroes with battlecries (What happens when you summon the hero to the board) and death rattles (What happens when the hero dies) that will increase activation speed of heroes (So increase how effective troops are at charging heroes).

Also, while I'm not 100% sure about this, troops seem to more effectively charge heroes the more turns of a PvP match that have gone by. Again though, not sure about this, but in my experiences it seems this way. Also having multiple matches regardless of color in a single turn seems to increase how much those troops charge heroes, but again, not 100% sure on that.

6.) On the hero cards, there should be a number on the top right side of their card below the picture of the hero that states their activation amount. The lowest activation amount of any hero in the game is ~45 give or take a few points, and the highest activation amount is 100+. Heroes with higher activation are usually more powerful and you'll know where they're going to attack or what they will do (As opposed to lower activation amount heroes which are usually more chance based on where they'll hit).

7.) The amount of heroes of the same color has no effect on how the power is split between them. It gives the same amount to each hero.

Hope this helped! It's a fun game, you shouldn't give up on it too easily. If you have any more questions feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer.

Noetherian
11-25-2016, 10:14 PM
Thank you so much for the help.