PDA

View Full Version : This Guys Strategy Just Destroyed Me...

Knightified
11-25-2016, 11:55 PM
My current build is all red heroes and it's based upon killing enemy heroes to deal massive damage. However, I just encountered a strategy I've never seen used before which absolutely destroyed me lol.

So this guy used a defensive build of Styr, Rey, Tai, and Ken-uh. Styr would boost the defensive abilities of Rey and Tai, who would then reinforce and buff all heroes. Then Ken-uh would just slowly destroy the enemy commander and heroes.

The match took around 30 turns to complete since neither of us could charge our heroes up and he had his heroes to the point where 50 damage normally = 4 damage taken by hero. He completely blocked front line with heroes so I couldn't hit unless I used my hero abilities and hit troops instead of heroes lol.

To say the least I got destroyed. :(

But I thought it was a good and interesting strategy so I thought I would share. What interesting strategies have you come across?

Manuel Chu
11-26-2016, 12:03 AM
Walls are popular these days because of rey boost. I use rey tai krys huron make a wall.and kill slowly my enemy. Now match can take 15-20min

Meo
11-26-2016, 12:33 AM
I saw a similar team but with Kishu instead of Ken-uh. All my combos were doing nada...like zero damage

Meo
11-26-2016, 12:43 AM
I think the only way to bypass this would be to use a red team especially one with low energy requirement

Knightified
11-26-2016, 12:49 AM
I think the only way to bypass this would be to use a red team especially one with low energy requirement

That's exactly my strategy but the issue is when the RNG is not in your favor you can't do anything to the enemy. For example the two low power red heroes I use are Kaala and Kiit but if they don't hit you're SOL.

Michael Garde
11-26-2016, 01:08 AM
most of the teams I come up against use that red combo, or will throw in falkner and i was getting sick and tired of seeing it... not because its difficult to beat but because its sooo boring and predictable. Kiit would be brought out early and used 2-3 times per turn (because he's op') then it was them just waiting for you to bring out your heroes so they could attack them...
the other most common team was the wall as mentioned and I love seeing that because either you can smash em early before they build resistance and/or health or if the wall is up often there is often one gap for the likes of torr to blast through, squy can take out tiles behind the wall, erys is great for breaking down walls or a hero that deals damage straight to the player like Krys just annihilates them...
this is a great because i generally have a well rounded team, i can mix and match a bit and lately I win a lot more battles than not because of people adopting those 2 strategies... Dont put all your eggs in one basket is the lesson to be learnt...
the team i despise still is noren torr drall and kane, sometimes falkners in instead of one, thankfully i dont come across it much but i know that team and the strategy someone is using but the second turn, its then time to wipe them out befor they get my points less than 1000 or its lights out for me

Meo
11-26-2016, 03:07 AM
most of the teams I come up against use that red combo, or will throw in falkner and i was getting sick and tired of seeing it... not because its difficult to beat but because its sooo boring and predictable. Kiit would be brought out early and used 2-3 times per turn (because he's op') then it was them just waiting for you to bring out your heroes so they could attack them...
the other most common team was the wall as mentioned and I love seeing that because either you can smash em early before they build resistance and/or health or if the wall is up often there is often one gap for the likes of torr to blast through, squy can take out tiles behind the wall, erys is great for breaking down walls or a hero that deals damage straight to the player like Krys just annihilates them...
this is a great because i generally have a well rounded team, i can mix and match a bit and lately I win a lot more battles than not because of people adopting those 2 strategies... Dont put all your eggs in one basket is the lesson to be learnt...
the team i despise still is noren torr drall and kane, sometimes falkners in instead of one, thankfully i dont come across it much but i know that team and the strategy someone is using but the second turn, its then time to wipe them out befor they get my points less than 1000 or its lights out for me

It is extremely difficult to take this team out before it gets impossible to break down the wall (unless they mess up the order in which to put their heroes out). I have done it once and it was probably because I activated Saru 2 times before they activated their hero and even then the match lasted almost 30 minutes because of their 4th hero choice. If they choose their 4th hero wisely you are unlikely to win.

Hembala makes it possible by using healers to accumulate damage points and wiping the blockers off the field but against a none defensive team he's not useful (though I am using him at the moment cause it's annoying using a defensive buffer team against a defensive buffer team)

smilesnow
11-26-2016, 04:47 AM
Has anyone tested the "poisoning" skill against the Rey/tai buff effect? I'm curious because is some rpg design posion effect is not lowered by defensive skills. The new epic toad Nara can posion those heroes in the row opposite to her and the poison effect can be stacked.

smilesnow
11-26-2016, 05:26 AM
My friend I recommend Gwenn for you. Leave a place for her in your team, she can help you change the tide. Besides Lady G, use low cost reds.

Knightified
11-26-2016, 05:36 AM
Gwenn is certainly good but with the strategy I currently use my other heroes would nullify the pain Gwenn causes since I pretty much destroy the entire board.

smilesnow
11-26-2016, 08:42 AM
Gwenn is certainly good but with the strategy I currently use my other heroes would nullify the pain Gwenn causes since I pretty much destroy the entire board. I would say that G slows your opponent's buff building and thus buys you some time. Frozen board is a plus but you can live without it.

Meo
11-26-2016, 10:11 AM
I'm not a fan of Gwenn just cause she does zero damage. She's more of an annoyance than anything else.

Might as well use Konil/Missar just cause they can deal damage + freezing.

Michael Garde
11-26-2016, 10:17 PM
It is extremely difficult to take this team out before it gets impossible to break down the wall (unless they mess up the order in which to put their heroes out). I have done it once and it was probably because I activated Saru 2 times before they activated their hero and even then the match lasted almost 30 minutes because of their 4th hero choice. If they choose their 4th hero wisely you are unlikely to win.

Hembala makes it possible by using healers to accumulate damage points and wiping the blockers off the field but against a none defensive team he's not useful (though I am using him at the moment cause it's annoying using a defensive buffer team against a defensive buffer team)

seriously there has been only one time the wall has been effective against me and thats cause they kept getting cascading tiles in their favour and despite me using 3 colour heroes I couldnt get what i needed, any other time I'll beat a wall. largely because i never use a team that focuses on destroying heroes, (eg those red teams) I always have one or two heroes that charge tiles and the others can attack heroes but also damage tiles (eg/ erys or squy) also when they build a wall they can't do much damage
having a well rounded team and not putting all your eggs in one basket is not a guaranteed success but I am competitive in almost every match