PDA

View Full Version : Arena League Parking Issue

gWorldz
12-04-2016, 08:52 PM
So one thing that is coming up often in the [PG] telegram group (https://goo.gl/N3TuiF) is when and how often we and other top players are choosing to park and walk away from arena until the next season starts. Many of the more active players reach the required 20 matches on the second day of a new season. That might not be enough to get someone back in Lion League after ELO reset but for lower league players in Bear and Wolf are parking to avoid the chance of dropping to lower leagues. What's worse because of parking many top players are stuck grinding against lower ELO's and having to win 7+ matches in a row to break even against a single loss.

My solution is a bit complicated but I think it would be more viable. Have each league require a different number of matches to obtain.

Chick : 0-450 & Requires 10 Matches
Mouse: 450-500 & Requires 15 Matches
Cat: 500-550 & Requires 20 Matches
Stag: 550-650 & Requires 25 Matches
Bull: 650-750 & Requires 30 Matches
Wolf: 750-900 & Requires 35 Matches
Bear: 900-1100 & Requires 40 Matches
Lion: 1100+ & Requires 50 Matches

I think this would encourage high ELO top players to continue playing rather than parking early and avoiding the game diminishing chances for other players to climb up and in many cases keeping a player at the top that shouldn't be there or who is so low level no one gets matched with them. Just my opinion but I think it would have a nice impact ��

Others in our group have suggested that it be double what I have propose above but I think the above numbers are decently balanced, what do you think?

Manuel Chu
12-04-2016, 10:02 PM
We all agreed pvp system need a change , hope we diffetent point of view help kobojo design a better pvp.system

Knightified
12-05-2016, 02:52 AM
I'd say at least x1.5 the number of matches you proposed if not x2.

I whiz right through the 20 required matches, honestly I probably do 200+ matches each season.

Ravandel
12-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Imo reset all to elo to 500, and top X players get league. Someone will play at the start of season and be 750 which will be lion. He is content and park. But then he realizes that then he need another 300 points to lion and need to keep farming. Its system where you need to be really high to be safe. Also ppl park at lower leagues also. Matching with 900+ elo isn't so bad and they would need to keep playing in that system.

And for missing points we can try system like: if you are starting new season (500 for all) you won't lose points until you win at least 5 matches. So in that case at the start ppl will gain elo but losing ppl won't lose it. So elo pool will increase at start. After 5 wins your elo go to normal state and can be normally reduced.

OR

Totally different. After end of season you are playing 10 games outside ranking. After you finish that 10 games your league and elo points will be assigned. I.e. 10 wins lion, 8-9 bear, 6-7 wolf (that is just example you can change it). And you will start with minimum elo for that league like 900 bear.

After your league and points are assigned you need to then fight that 20 fights so you can eventually go down.

smilesnow
12-06-2016, 03:43 AM
I would suggest a dynamic pvp system. At the beginning of each season, everyone's score is reset to 100. And you just set out to battle.

Win=+1
Loss=-1
win 2 matches in a row= 1(basic) + 1(bonus)
win 3 matches in a row=1(basic) + 2(bonus)
win 4 matches in a row=1(basic) + 3(bonus)
The bonus cap is +5. If one manages to win 10 matches in a row, he still gets 1+5=6.

At the end of the season, player leagues are determined by percentage rather than by fixed scores. For example, 3%=Lion. 10%=Bear. 20%=Wolf. etc.

Furthermore the pvp system should put players of similar levels to a fight. And in order to prevent players from farming scores by constantly figthing in the arena, we can set a limit to the number of matches for a season. For example, in the present arena system, a season takes 2 weeks to complete. Then we can set a maximum number of 150/200 matches for a season. Only the first 150/200 matches generate arena scores necessary to determin player leagues. Starting from match 151/201, one gets only exp and chests, but no longer the arena score. Personally I prefer 150 matches for a season, because a match takes at least 5 minutes to complete at the moment. 150 matches for a season means 10 mathes for one day.It's enough for me. Maybe hardcore players would like to play more, but over 200 matches for a season it would become a burden to play.

Knightified
12-06-2016, 04:55 AM
I've already completed the 20 matches for this season and I'm sure many others have too.

smilesnow
12-06-2016, 05:37 AM
I've already completed the 20 matches for this season and I'm sure many others have too.I have. But I want those exp and chests so I have to continue to fight. The problem is the time required for one match is greatly extended because more and more wall team. Another thing is I fear face players with low elos. Because I win I almost gain nothing, but when I'm unlucky and lose...

[K] BlueSky
12-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Thanks for this awesome suggestion, we'll discuss it with the team :)

Skunkix
12-07-2016, 07:57 PM
I really really like the doc idea (somehow this message didnt got posted by my phone before O.o) I think something like that should be implemented. =)