PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] Lack of new users

weXer
12-15-2016, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone - long time player and lurker on this forum :*) I've noticed that the player pool is getting smaller and smaller with each passing week. A bad sign for the titles long term life at this early stage.

I find myself playing against the same monster players all the time, which is great for a challenge but I can imagine is a bit intimating for new players. This game needs a high DAU as the single player is really a long repetitive tutorial and most players who stay only care about the arena.

For Kobojo 'user acquisition' is the only option to keep the title alive (current userbase is spending less and less). However UA is expensive and if the return on investment for new player does not match the cost then no UA can be justified. For example it can cost between 50c and $4 to bring in a new player through advertising. So the player needs to spend something in order to give positive ROI.

My question is for Kobojo and the regular players here. How to save this great game from continued decline? To save it you need more players spending more. That is the only thing that really matters.

I see the nice ideas for a tournament style PvP, that is great and would create a spending competition to get into the top places. Single player events are a waste of time imo, they're only for new players, unless you have a new hero(s) that are exclusive to the event like the Halloween one.

Ravandel
12-15-2016, 10:20 AM
AFAIK new users are coming, but old are leaving. And if I mean old I mean skilled ppl who support this game. I had whale as a friend, and he left also. And whales are often worth more than hundreds of free to play players that will come, get into lvl 15 then stop playing (or just do that MGG promotion).

Manuel Chu
12-15-2016, 02:27 PM
i have hope in this game but barely play it now most of the time in my dayoff and give most of my points back(from lion to chick league :)) to game but still no enough players to maintain actual pvp system

Ravandel
12-15-2016, 02:33 PM
i have hope in this game but barely play it now most of the time in my dayoff and give most of my points back(from lion to chick league :)) to game but still no enough players to maintain actual pvp system

Players number might increase but I count real players after lvl 21 (or 25). There are hundreds of ppl who created accounts, tried it, then abandoned.
And kenfa, you are actually only person who might do Chick league challenge I proposed some time ago hah.

Manuel Chu
12-15-2016, 03:59 PM
Players number might increase but I count real players after lvl 21 (or 25). There are hundreds of ppl who created accounts, tried it, then abandoned.
And kenfa, you are actually only person who might do Chick league challenge I proposed some time ago hah.

its nice win 8 or 9 points again and only lose 2 or 3 hahaha , its full of noobs lower leagues

Ravandel
12-15-2016, 06:24 PM
its nice win 8 or 9 points again and only lose 2 or 3 hahaha , its full of noobs lower leagues

At least its fun and good for exp farming. :)