PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] Paying users

weXer
12-15-2016, 09:51 AM
I'm an old guy and I don't mind dropping cash regularly on a good free to play title, if I'm enjoying it. I will admit I've done that plenty of times on Primal Legends, especially in the first month of play :D However now I'm level 29 and if I want to buy a gold and blue chest (most expensive one) it costs me 8,400 Gems which is over 50!

When I was a lower level the chest used to cost around 5,000 Gems, but it's getting exponentially higher as I pass each 4lv milestone. Now I have not bought a gold chest in over a month as it's just to expensive and it's makes more sense to grind in PvP.

Kobojo I get that there may be some balancing in this to keep whales from running away, but I think the game is well balanced enough to stop that. By increasing the cost of the chests with levelling you've basically killed those possible purchases off for most players in the later game.

I recommend rethinking this as it's shooting yourselves in the foot, I want to give you more money but 8,400 gem for 1 chest is taking the piss.

Curious to see what the community thinks about these chests that get more expensive as you level up. Kobojo any feedback on this?

[K] BlueSky
12-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Dear Commander weXer,

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback, we will definitely share it and discuss it internally!

Ravandel
12-15-2016, 10:17 AM
ATM most of chests unless in bundle (like -80%) are only for whales. As you said biggest chest is overpriced and it can also give you a lot of crap you don't need. like 1000 Hiru, 60 Pyk.

weXer
12-15-2016, 01:05 PM
like 1000 Hiru, 60 Pyk.

I hear yeah!!! I hate when I buy and it's everything you don't want. I've bought a couple in 1 night in the past and they were very similar in content. My guess is they have some algorithm to adjust rarity on the fly. ie "there's too much Kishu in the game let's make her super rare for the next period of time"

I remember I got like 1000 Borg 1 night from 3 chests and I nearly had a shit fit!! :D

[K] BlueSky
12-15-2016, 01:18 PM
My guess is they have some algorithm to adjust rarity on the fly. ie "there's too much Kishu in the game let's make her super rare for the next period of time

Absolutely not, Heroes obtained in Chests are random per their drop-rates :)

Ravandel
12-15-2016, 01:24 PM
BlueSky;65260']Absolutely not, Heroes obtained in Chests are random per their drop-rates :)

I agree, sometimes I have good drops. But imo problem with algorithm is that it can roll 100% of one hero. Like game algorithm rolls Pyk, then 50% that every epic in chest will be Pyk or 50% 9/10 will be Pyk. I think for each 1 card you get from chest game should choose randomly each. I don't think its working like that atm... You can get 2 chest, first 90% hero X, 2nd one 100% hero X.

weXer
12-15-2016, 01:54 PM
BlueSky;65260']Absolutely not, Heroes obtained in Chests are random per their drop-rates :)

I'm sure your right, but drop rates can be adjusted right? Like all other stats to balance :)

[K] BlueSky
12-15-2016, 02:59 PM
Anything could be adjusted server-side I guess, that being said, and please take this as an official and formal statement : Kobojo does not interfere with Chest drops, with rare exceptions being promotional offers guaranteeing certain cards :)

weXer
12-15-2016, 04:35 PM
I agree, sometimes I have good drops. But imo problem with algorithm is that it can roll 100% of one hero. Like game algorithm rolls Pyk, then 50% that every epic in chest will be Pyk or 50% 9/10 will be Pyk. I think for each 1 card you get from chest game should choose randomly each. I don't think its working like that atm... You can get 2 chest, first 90% hero X, 2nd one 100% hero X.

Yep agreed it feels like that sometimes, probably just bad luck I guess :D

smilesnow
12-18-2016, 09:15 AM
The only worth-to-buy item in PG is gold. Forget about the chests. 3800 gems for 500k. The price is fixed. Chests are for the tycoons.

Ravandel
12-18-2016, 03:40 PM
The only worth-to-buy item in PG is gold. Forget about the chests. 3800 gems for 500k. The price is fixed. Chests are for the tycoons.

I have exact same opinion.