PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] Live Balance Discussion [Season 7]

gWorldz
12-19-2016, 11:14 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/20zutrs.jpg

This thread is for discussing Season 7's unbalanced heroes and reworking their design to fix the problems. Please post with your ideas, as well as, the problem and include why and how your proposed changes can solve the issues.

When posting please try to be concise and use language we can all understand. Don't use this thread to whine and complain, use it instead to contribute to the conversation and help solve the problems 😃

Latest Balance Update: http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?15456-19-12-16-BALANCING-CHANGES

Thanh
12-20-2016, 09:26 AM
1. Harron is too OP as a common heroes compare to Karg as rare and Erys/Falkar as epic. And he s ruining matches with large HP pool and unavoidable assassination.

2. Asaro is still bug. Yellow units with his passive can clear all unbuff units. If Hembala put him off the deck, he can stack x2 his passive (i.e 5+10x2=25 dmg per unit) when he comes back.

3. Wan & Xiao literally do nothing but clear poison and frozen effects as battle cry. Too bad for a legend imo.

4. Arpa is still weak after update. His 94 charge skill is like child's play compare to Harron's 40 charge skill.

5. Pyk is quite useless as an epic hero. More than half of the heroes can just ignore him, Kiit/Erys can kill him in one or two turns. Mori/Kishu is better in term of defense than him imo, and still provide offense capability. Would be nice if Pyk as something like taunt, taking dmg for other heroes.

6. Kaala, Jasser, Hiru are under power and hard to find in arena.

Ibelin
12-20-2016, 09:43 AM
1. Missar do dmg only to unfreeze enemy, and have large charge, i think he should do bigger dmg.

2. Nara is useless as epic hero, bcs with his low hp can be easilly IK.

3. Bcs of random matches, wakai should have more HP.

[K] BlueSky
12-20-2016, 12:20 PM
Thanks for your feedback, it is highly appreciated!

Note about bugs:
Issues related to Asaro will be resolved shortly.
In regards to Missar, I was unable to reproduced the issue unfortunately, but will keep an eye out.

Have a great Season 7!

Meo
12-20-2016, 05:18 PM
I believe Missar's ability is either 1 (Deals damage to the column in front of him/Freezing). He doesn't do both. Freezing and damage.

BazzBry
12-20-2016, 05:44 PM
I would also like to report a bug regarding Roku and Gyle.
When using their ability to activate units, they used to be able to charge your other heroes depending on the color of tiles they have activated.
Right now, activating units using Roku or Gyle does not charge your other heroes anymore.

(credit goes to Vlad for pointing out Roku's bug)

Knightified
12-22-2016, 09:28 PM
Rod:

Even after his buff, I find him pretty useless. While I understand the logic behind how you designed him, I believe he shouldn't throw bombs onto your side that the enemy has to destroy. It's counterproductive for you and clogs up your board, preventing possible cascades you could've done before activating Rod.

My proposed change to Rod would be pretty simple. I think he should definitely throw bombs at the enemy still, but those bombs would not be moveable (similar to Saru's banana bombs). Those bombs when destroyed should damage the enemy commander directly instead of decreasing power of heroes or just destroying units around them. In this sense we still have to target the bombs but they are much more of a nuisance and have more destructive power.

As for bombs thrown onto your side of the board, I think there's one of two solutions. First off, just completely nullify bombs being thrown at your side of the board and instead "throw the gifts to the heroes" giving them an instant buff of ability or health.

The second possibility would be to throw the bombs in front of heroes played on your board (that way they can take damage and protect heroes, somewhat forcing enemy to destroy them to get to your hero) or if it's impossible to place it in front of them place it behind them. These bombs will explode once the enemy's turn has gone by so that your board is now clear and more cascadable.

As for the exact amount of damage that would be dealt to the enemy commander, the amount of buffing of ability or health, etc. those amounts are up to you. I do think these changes would increase the usefulness of Rod and encourage players to use him more though.

Meo
12-22-2016, 10:45 PM
I agree that Rod needs some modification but Knighty, I think your modification would make Rod way too OP.

If the gifts can't be moved it would make it way too hard to make matches. Personally, to me the fact that they are there is detrimental enough. The bad things that happen around them are just an added bonus

I would likewise be happy with just no gifts on player's side of the board. If he just randomly buff 2 heroes it might be too much of an advantage to the player. The current system is (if the hero is next to the gift, they get the buff)

gWorldz
12-22-2016, 11:41 PM
See my approach to fixing Rod is very different than either of the above, the bombs come in the 4 standard color, just allow them to be matched like units. With this change matching them would set them off or damaging them as they work now. This would solve the problems and add a new dynamic to Rod that could be quite interesting ... just my fix for Rod but not sure its possible o.O

Knightified
12-23-2016, 01:02 AM
See my approach to fixing Rod is very different than either of the above, the bombs come in the 4 standard color, just allow them to be matched like units. With this change matching them would set them off or damaging them as they work now. This would solve the problems and add a new dynamic to Rod that could be quite interesting ... just my fix for Rod but not sure its possible o.O

That's an interesting proposal. If they did it like this I still think the buff of ability or health should be applied to heroes (or singular hero if multiple is too overpowered) regardless of whether the bomb is near them or not though.

Michael Garde
12-23-2016, 09:26 AM

i second this idea

Knightified
12-25-2016, 03:55 AM
Wan & Xiao:

Units destroyed on the sides of the board by Xiao should damage the enemy commander.

Knightified
12-26-2016, 01:49 AM
Masha:

Activation gauge should be increased to something in the 50-60 range. Considering that's what Mori is in that range and does essentially the same buff effect but in a different place, I would consider this to be a fair change.

As it stands now Masha is way too easy to charge and when the ability stacks it is insanely overpowered. Even just one activation is deadly.

Meo
12-27-2016, 09:11 AM
I agree that Masha is pretty OP.

Here are her comparable healers all at level 9:

Masha: Gauge = 46, 24HP x 8
Bane: Gauge = 46, 19HP x 8
Borg: Gauge = 50, 18HP x 6
Mori: Gauge= 65, 26HP x 8
POOR Gyle: Gauge = 89, 12HP x 8

Borg and Gyle by far have it worst. Borg only heals 6 units but is 31% weaker. Gyle is over 200% weaker. Double the gauge and not even half the damage.

Gyle is a rare and he's so weak.

Michael Garde
12-29-2016, 08:22 AM
also agreed with all here, only thing with masha that does balance it out a bit is that it can be pushed to the front line with eliminates 3 tiles it charges or they waste a turn moving him back to use him but i think his charged increased slightly would even it out...
Borg charging the front row should be helpful but in reality he is almost useless
and Gyle, poor Gyle, if his war cry was actually his attack then he would be a lot better but his charge needs to be a fraction lower aswell...
IMO

Knightified
12-29-2016, 09:14 AM
Taking into account all that's been said about Gyle:

-Reduce Gyle gauge to ~70.
-Make Gyle's warcry his actual ability along with activating units.

Thanh
12-30-2016, 11:14 AM
Jasser and Kawaii are useless in PVP, even in random mode, wider range like Ku - Luo would be helpful.

Harron has been a joke for ten thousands years, and still is.

[K] BlueSky
01-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Dear Commander, Thanks for your feedback!

As this Season is now over, stay tuned for a new Live Feedback Thread :)