PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] Random PvP Modes

hnnng
12-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Kudos to your new PVP mode offering 2x XP and 2x ELO. I thought this was going to be a nice feature since 4 of your characters were randomized (to prevent from using meta characters/decks), but I was wrong.

You made it so your heroes are randomized, but not your opponents....why! So now I get stuck with crappy charcters while my opponent still uses harron and asaro in every deck and I just get creamed. Thanks for half-assing this like you do everything else, not to mention your crap 'sponsor program'.

Knightified
12-19-2016, 09:28 PM
You seem mad just for the sole purpose of being mad to be honest.

Meo
12-19-2016, 09:46 PM
I think that's why when you win you get double the EXP and ELO points. Likewise if you lose it's 50% of the ELO points.

If both were random then it should be equal footing. But yes...they seem to pick cards I don't upgrade (or it could be I just have tons of un-upgraded cards)

Knightified
12-19-2016, 10:49 PM
I think that's why when you win you get double the EXP and ELO points. Likewise if you lose it's 50% of the ELO points.

If both were random then it should be equal footing. But yes...they seem to pick cards I don't upgrade (or it could be I just have tons of un-upgraded cards)

Definitely a good incentive to level up your cards if you use random.

JB48
12-20-2016, 12:19 AM
Pvp random is broken, if u get stuck with 4 characters that dont deal dmg to heroes or main hp which i have 3 out of 4 times so far, theres no way u can win, you could be the best ever and make every perfect move yet ud still lose! Heroes now need to be seperated into boosting heroes, dmging heroes and so on and have at least 1 attacking hero per game!

And when i won a random battle, only got 4 pts anyways!

Michael Garde
12-20-2016, 12:28 AM
Kudos to your new PVP mode offering 2x XP and 2x ELO. I thought this was going to be a nice feature since 4 of your characters were randomized (to prevent from using meta characters/decks), but I was wrong.

You made it so your heroes are randomized, but not your opponents....why! So now I get stuck with crappy charcters while my opponent still uses harron and asaro in every deck and I just get creamed. Thanks for half-assing this like you do everything else, not to mention your crap 'sponsor program'.

LOL, I think it's a great thing. I've gone up near 100 elo points and am finding some interesting teams that work well together that I never would have thought about putting together. If your heroes are weak then start upgrading them all

Skunkix
12-20-2016, 02:02 AM
This mode worked just fine for me. Its great. Only thing i would like to be implemented is chest drop from normal foghts

[K] BlueSky
12-20-2016, 11:02 AM
*Moderated: I renamed your thread to better indicate what it's about :)

We appreciate your feedback! These new PvP Modes are extremely fresh and just got implemented in Theria, and the team is more than open to suggestions and potential improvements.

If I understand what's causing frustration is that Random Teams may be matched against Constructed teams?

kalagula
12-20-2016, 05:05 PM
I was super-excited about this mode at first, it's amazing at the first glance. But then I realized that you are not necessarily playing against the opponent with random cards, meaning you will get obliterated almost every time. Like, if I'm fighting someone with a strong deck I'm struggling against already, using the random cards will only make it worse.

There should be an option to play random cards against opponent with random cards only. Then it will be exciting and super-fun, honestly.

Ravandel
12-20-2016, 09:32 PM
1. A lot of points is being added atm to overall ELO pool. Its good but at the same time soon all ppl will be in lion. In 2 days amount of lion players doubled.
2. Random mode is atm way to go. You got x2 ELO for winning and you lose x0.5 if you are defeated. So you bet 1 to 4. That means you need to win 1 out of 4 games to actually gain ELO (playing vs similar elo enemies).
3. Maybe not people see that yet, but soon it might be only random vs random, because its a lot better deal. And then the game will be just "weird".

Solution:
If you "nerf" anything in random ranked then it will be not worth playing, people will lose a lot of fun and start complaining again. I think and a lot of ppl who I know have similar opinion that Random Mode should be COMPLETELY separated from Non Random.
What does that mean:
- separated elo
- players are matched ONLY with other people using random mode

Michael Garde
12-21-2016, 12:34 AM
I think the way it is is the way to keep it.... as it has been people that made a super powered team and only stuck to upgrading there super powered team made the top levels, which led to them continually getting much better prizes and therefore they would continue to make their team stronger at a faster rate widening the gap between players that have experimented and upgraded many heroes. Whats the point of having so many heroes if a fraction of them can be used to win battles....
I am having a lot more fun now trying to think how to use the heroes I have been given (which should be the main factor in a game) and I love the fact a random team comes up against set teams, I have beaten many of the strong teams lately with teams randomized that i would have never thought would work well and i think also the fact that the set team player can't predict what team the randomized player could have is another aid where as teams where predictable before by just their colours they had...
and a thing I have noticed now is I win a lot more against the higher elos, 200+, and have more of a challenge against the lower elos. Two thumbs up from me so far for the new modes

Meo
12-21-2016, 12:54 AM
I agree with Rav. Maybe just have a random arena.

Although I disagree that high level players will just go random all the time. I feel like some players despite their high elo will go regular because it's more likely a sure victory and there is more high elo players to farm off of.

I like random mode just cause it does test a person's ability to play with the cards they're dealt. I find it amusing when two players are dealt equally crappy cards and they need to make the best of it.

Skunkix
12-21-2016, 01:27 AM
- players are matched ONLY with other people using random mode

This!

Different MM may help it BUT inb4 you get matched with a less pool of people playing AR (probably hight elo guys). But i think this is a great solution anyways

Ravandel
12-21-2016, 07:44 AM
I agree with Rav. Maybe just have a random arena.

Although I disagree that high level players will just go random all the time. I feel like some players despite their high elo will go regular because it's more likely a sure victory and there is more high elo players to farm off of.

I like random mode just cause it does test a person's ability to play with the cards they're dealt. I find it amusing when two players are dealt equally crappy cards and they need to make the best of it.

Some ppl may do it but a lot of friends from PG going only random and they are top 10. That says something.

gWorldz
12-21-2016, 10:57 AM
I loves the random feature as is or as proposed, I'm just happy there are options :D

weXer
12-21-2016, 12:51 PM
I think the random mode is awesome, much better than the same teams always fighting. Don't change a thing imo. Very nice job Kobojo

Ravandel
12-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Whole point of changing random is to separate it from normal. Soon all will be lion with that huge elo inflation. 3 days after patch the amount of ppl in lion quadrapled. Its insane.

But NOTE for DEVS, if you lower rewards ONLY for random (or change penalties) and keep rest the same the random mode WILL SUCK and you will get tons of hate.

Michael Garde
12-21-2016, 10:19 PM
Whole point of changing random is to separate it from normal. Soon all will be lion with that huge elo inflation. 3 days after patch the amount of ppl in lion quadrapled. Its insane..

why does it matter how many people there are in lion or any grade? its not like there are limited spots and means more people can get better prizes and make better teams. The old complaints used to be there was not enough high elo players with strong teams to be competitive for the higher players and this may well be balancing that out somewhat.

Also i find it ironic now that people with random teams are beating the self made teams and moving up the ladder and the complaints are it's not fair to the random teams? yeah you might get what you would consider a weak team put together but I keep getting surprised at what teams I win with against what I used to consider strong teams.

Ibelin
12-21-2016, 10:26 PM
ok, i play only random matches, i won about 100 ELO pionts and i can say it ALMOST balanced, it depends on enemy ELO points i think, i had an enemy with 600 ELO and i had 800, enemy has asaro harron etc, or really full wall team, and when i have enemy with same ELO we had in 70% same bad team.. so i think, taht random is good, but there should be ELO points selection of players.

By my opinion, who is losing is bad player, sorry but all its about your skill, in few percent is color board

weXer
12-22-2016, 01:05 PM
It's a very positive thing for the user base that more people are in Lion league. You want more players doing well cause it means they'll stay longer. Random has really rejuvenated the PvP for me. Plus it will force a lot more spending as players need a strong overall deck, as someone mentioned above.

Meo
12-22-2016, 07:52 PM
Anyways...please do consider instead of ranked / random and casual / random.

Separate them to customized team and random teams. Let them have separate elo and cut the prizes in half (preferrably not though cause everyone loves prizes.)

Ravandel
12-23-2016, 08:05 AM
Anyways...please do consider instead of ranked / random and casual / random.

Separate them to customized team and random teams. Let them have separate elo and cut the prizes in half (preferrably not though cause everyone loves prizes.)

I am up for this. All random in post which I have proposed some time ago was only fun mode (becasue its so not competitive) for exp/battle and normal chests + fun if ppl are bored and stressed with current constructed arena. Or thought about completely separated mode. I never imagined it could be mixed with standard arena and actually better to farm elo. Its pure insanity for me.

And actually most people don't see a problem because they get free candies (lion chest and elo) as it would be stag league. Problem is now that i.e. I am around 1300 elo and feels like I have achieved nothing. Current random ranking system favors those who can play more because its easy to rank up.

Plus people love it because its something "fresh" and "new". They don't see big picture at all and running in "yay cool new mode! I was 800 and now I am 1200 elo! Cool I am so high now and get better rewards." hype.

But they do not realize how better it would work if random mode was handled properly. Arena is just completely mess right now. Randoms farming elo to infinity, constructed builds farming randoms. Everyone going up, but question is for what?

And NO I don't care ppl getting lion chest. But you need to understand that before ppl was working hard to be lion league, and now its nothing special with amount of ppl here doubling each day since monday. Absolutely 0 prestige and nothing to achieve.

Sorry for whining a lot but I just don't get it how people cannot see a problem with current state of arena. Arena mode was not meant to be fun only, but competitve fun (at least because rng made it not much competitive, but to some point it was competitive). Fun mode can be separated.

Michael Garde
12-23-2016, 09:37 AM
despite how much people can play, people still have to win to get points, so its not just how much you play, it still how well you play and anyway isnt that kinda the point from the developers to encourage people to play the game more?
My only suggestion may be that the everything stays as it is but when a random team comes against a random team it is only standard points not double and when a random team comes against a pre made team then the random team can get the double point or only lose half for losing
you make it sound like people are doing nothing to gain elo points when in fact people have to think and strategise quickly with a team we are given rather then go in with a pre made tried and tested (boring) formula and also us people that have constantly upgraded all our heroes rather than focusing on a few are being rewarded for doing so!

smilesnow
12-23-2016, 07:23 PM
I am up for this. All random in post which I have proposed some time ago was only fun mode (becasue its so not competitive) for exp/battle and normal chests + fun if ppl are bored and stressed with current constructed arena. Or thought about completely separated mode. I never imagined it could be mixed with standard arena and actually better to farm elo. Its pure insanity for me.

And actually most people don't see a problem because they get free candies (lion chest and elo) as it would be stag league. Problem is now that i.e. I am around 1300 elo and feels like I have achieved nothing. Current random ranking system favors those who can play more because its easy to rank up.

Plus people love it because its something "fresh" and "new". They don't see big picture at all and running in "yay cool new mode! I was 800 and now I am 1200 elo! Cool I am so high now and get better rewards." hype.

But they do not realize how better it would work if random mode was handled properly. Arena is just completely mess right now. Randoms farming elo to infinity, constructed builds farming randoms. Everyone going up, but question is for what?

And NO I don't care ppl getting lion chest. But you need to understand that before ppl was working hard to be lion league, and now its nothing special with amount of ppl here doubling each day since monday. Absolutely 0 prestige and nothing to achieve.

Sorry for whining a lot but I just don't get it how people cannot see a problem with current state of arena. Arena mode was not meant to be fun only, but competitve fun (at least because rng made it not much competitive, but to some point it was competitive). Fun mode can be separated.I suggested in another thread that maybe they can allocate the arena rewards according to the percentage of player numbers, in stead of fixed score levels. For example, top 1% players achieve lion grade. Top 10% bear grade, etc. In this way we avoid the inflation problem.

Manuel Chu
12-24-2016, 11:11 PM
I stop play 2 weeks and back and see random pvp i think its funny they resolve lack of new players and elo points problem but created a new problems but its ok for me after all its a game and should be funny play it , this game have great players who care about this game

Ravandel
12-25-2016, 11:39 PM
I suggested in another thread that maybe they can allocate the arena rewards according to the percentage of player numbers, in stead of fixed score levels. For example, top 1% players achieve lion grade. Top 10% bear grade, etc. In this way we avoid the inflation problem.

Yeah we discussed that in post somewhere on forum before. But atm its not about skill but about how much you play with average skill. Really if you play constructed you will face a lot of randoms and farm them = gain elo. If you are playing random you need to win 1 out of 4 with similar elo player and you still rank up. Its so easy.

Manuel Chu
12-26-2016, 01:33 AM
Yeah we discussed that in post somewhere on forum before. But atm its not about skill but about how much you play with average skill. Really if you play constructed you will face a lot of randoms and farm them = gain elo. If you are playing random you need to win 1 out of 4 with similar elo player and you still rank up. Its so easy.

yesterday i was 580 elo points and tonight i can back to lion in 10 or 12 matches so random pvp its broken from 580 to 1100 points in 40-50 matches i dont know its skill or pure rgn this game anymore but its funny play random pvp for test unusual teams builds , like the new epic mamut thinking in a new wall :)

smilesnow
12-26-2016, 07:01 AM
At the current reward level, even if they separate normal and random arena battles in the end, I doubt who would like to play the normal battles anymore. P.S., It looks like there are quite a number of new faces climbing the rank list. Does this mean the last update finally works towards a better orientation? Personally I enjoy the random battles, but mainly because it pays well and I don't lose much when beaten. As a matter of fact, spenders with a large card pool and high average card levels tend to win random battles more often. This should be the biggest change to the game mechnism since it's first released. We need to wait and see.

Meo
12-26-2016, 12:13 PM
I think people would play both random and normal arena.

Random forces you to think on your feet but normal makes you figure out a team. Some people enjoy the my strategic team v. yours. Or maybe they just feel frustrated with teams they find unplayable which is why there are some pretty high ranked individual that are playing with constructed teams.

One of the reason so many people are playing random is because the rewards are high but the risk is low. You play random and you only lose half the elo and win double the elo. So it depends on if they are keeping thy system or if they will make both arena even.