PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] Rod: Useless?

Robert Farr
12-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Okay, I was pretty excited to get one of the new heroes, but after using him for a bit I can't figure him out. Is he as useless as he appears to be? These 'surprise bombs' only seem to be surprising in their uselessness.

What am I missing?

Meo
12-20-2016, 05:22 PM
I don't even have him yet. Can you post a screenshot?

Maybe his sole purpose is like Gwenn to annoy the crap out of people

Robert Farr
12-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Every time you activate him he drops two Christmas 'bombs' on each side of the playing field. There is one of each color. They can be moved, but they can't be used to make matches with tiles of the same color. You can't activate them on your side for a positive benefit, so they are just in the way. On the other side, you can hit them and make them explode, but I haven't seen any real damage come from them. Seems like a waste so far.

What would have been cool is if they could be used to make matches, but on your side they would then activate and have a positive effect, while on your opponent's side they would have a negative effect when used in a match.

Will post a screen shot later, at work right now.

[K] BlueSky
12-20-2016, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback !

Just so you know, Rod will be powered-up very shortly by the Christmas hype surrounding the world..

Expect an ability and stat buff very shortly :)

hnnng
12-20-2016, 07:03 PM
I have played with him and he does have positive effects on your side of the board (sometimes). When the enemy destroyed the christmas balls on my side of the board, one of them gave +8 resistance to surrounding tiles and another one boosted damage of surrounding tiles (didn't specify how much).

Meo
12-20-2016, 07:08 PM
My opinion of him is I don't want him dropping gifts on my own side (I don't care if it is good stuff like 7% increase in power for one hero + tile buff).

It's terrible when the opponent (machine in this case from PvE) keeps missing the gifts and I can hardly make any combos. At one point I had 6 on my own side and they were such a hinderance.

Robert Farr
12-20-2016, 07:34 PM
My opinion of him is I don't want him dropping gifts on my own side (I don't care if it is good stuff like 7% increase in power for one hero + tile buff).It's terrible when the opponent (machine in this case from PvE) keeps missing the gifts and I can hardly make any combos. At one point I had 6 on my own side and they were such a hinderance.

That is my thought as well. It would be cool if we could use them to make matches with tiles of the same color as the bomb, but without that they are in the way. I can see how it could easily lead to a stalemate if he powers up enough times.

Knightified
12-20-2016, 07:38 PM
BlueSky;65439']Thanks for the feedback !

Just so you know, Rod will be powered-up very shortly by the Christmas hype surrounding the world..

Expect an ability and stat buff very shortly :)

Thank the lord. As of now he's more of a liability than a good use of hero space.

[K] BlueSky
12-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Rod has been buffed, Commanders!

One thing to keep in mind is, that Bombs Rod deploy on your own board, have positive effects and also can be moved just like units :)

hnnng
12-21-2016, 07:37 PM
BlueSky;65484']Rod has been buffed, Commanders!

One thing to keep in mind is, that Bombs Rod deploy on your own board, have positive effects and also can be moved just like units :)

You said there was going to be a stat boost AND ability.....I don't see the ability change?

Also, what does his attack even mean? It says ( 17 x 8 ) x 4

Meo
12-21-2016, 09:27 PM
BlueSky;65484']Rod has been buffed, Commanders!

I understand this and seeing how it only has 10HP in theory is should be very easy to destroy and give you a buff. In reality that is hardly the case.

Imagine if you will...you have Styr, Pyk, or some hero that has accidentally fallen to the front. It is horrible since the bomb will always land behind that hero and never get hit direct. It's just there preventing cascading, matching, etc.

Me and my random opponent both had him and it was an ugly match, so we both used him. At one point we had a combined 15 bombs between us and difficult to activate a hero. I actively tried to avoid hitting them as a strategy.