PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] forum events

Michael Garde
12-21-2016, 10:05 PM
I like the mini events in the forum but it'd be nice if the time frame allowed people from all time zones to compete. that one that just ran shortly started at 2:30am where I am and finished before I woke up. I know I am probably a minority here but its a bit annoying seeing something fun was started and finished during a time everyone in my country is asleep

Ibelin
12-21-2016, 10:28 PM
it depends on how many people are here, i think (mean i forum)

Michael Garde
12-21-2016, 11:57 PM
basically i was thinking just allow it to run for longer

Skunkix
12-22-2016, 12:08 AM
Hello! I really apreciate your feedback! This is our first forum game and we are still testing this out :). We choose that UTC time to try to get the most people online. I cannot promes anything but maybe on future events we may do it stay longer or in another time schedule. For now, as long as i know, this event(our first!) will continue to be at 15:30 to 17:30 utc next week but maybe nexts events could have another horary.
Thanks again for your feedback!

Cheers!

Michael Garde
12-22-2016, 01:28 AM
Yeah I understand why you chose the time you did, as I said I was probably in the minority (being in Australia). But is there any reason that events like these can't run over 12, 24 or even 48hrs?

Skunkix
12-22-2016, 01:36 AM
Well maybe we can try something like that. Cannot confirm, cuz i didnt know actually, but I suposse we may test something similar for a day duration or so on a future tba forum event.

Michael Garde
12-22-2016, 01:47 AM
Well maybe we can try something like that. Cannot confirm, cuz i didnt know actually, but I suposse we may test something similar for a day duration or so on a future tba forum event.

yeah cool, I'd participate then but as it is with the time chosen I wont be able to...
but anyways its a good idea and looked like a bit of fun

Ravandel
12-28-2016, 10:58 PM
1. Would you like to play another game like this?

Yes.

2. What would you change from the game?

It was ok but I am up for more fun things, but initiative is on your side here.

3. Have you able to play the game? If not, please tell why.
Yes

4. Do you have anything you want to comment about the game or this kind of games?

Nice game handling :)

BazzBry
12-29-2016, 04:56 AM

Yes. Also

Time slot. Or time duration, as Michael had suggested.

First one I wasn't able to join because of time slot. Second run i was able to join because i stayed up late but my eyes were getting heavy at mid-contest.

4. Do you have anything you want to comment about the game or this kind of games?

I hope the map can get updated too with coordinates marked. Other than that, you are a great Game Master Skunk!

Ravandel
12-29-2016, 07:39 AM
So maybe do game turns longer like 1 turn = 1 day (so people from all timezones can play) but we can play more often like each day or 1 out of 2 days.

Michael Garde
12-29-2016, 08:15 AM
I have pretty much already answered the 1,2,3,4 I think but I'd be happy with ravs 1 turn a day idea and have a few games a week!

gWorldz
12-29-2016, 08:34 AM
What if you run them 24 hours at a time, you could still do updates like you have been but at the end of the 24 hours write out the results in one big post and keep the first post updated with the current position of the game by quoting the latest results in the first post. As for days we play could be like what Rav's suggested above more days but I understand since you write them out like a fan fiction novella that is a lot of work.

The point is it would allow everyone that visits that day to participate and they would get to play when they actually *can* instead of having to wake up middle of the night to play o.O and by keeping first post updated the game could continue weekly or otherwise if more often is an option, until the entire maps been fully explored. This could happen in one 24 hour period if the forums active but with current rules 1 post per ... until intermissions, and allowing us to *save* each other and *move* again. It limits us more for the game by extending it and reducing intermissions number but it might have more activity and give you more time to ... write the interactive, intriguing and engaging stories you want the forum games to be.

Yes! :D

I agree with the guys I above plus what I posted above, other than that, it was great presentation, great follow through and top of the shelf commitment to entertaining us ;)

Yes, had to wake up and rush to get in but I managed to play on the second act ;)

<3 you Skunk keep up the awesome work :D

Michael Garde
12-29-2016, 08:44 AM
Definitely keep the fan fictionally part of it going and another idea could be maybe make smaller squares on the grid which could help allowing it run over longer periods