PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] PvP Changes

Knightified
12-31-2016, 06:41 AM
The current PvP system is obviously not working very well. Through the introduction of random mode, people have been reaching insane amounts of ELO. To keep gaining ELO, you essentially just need to win 1 out of 4 battles while using random mode. Structured teams are able to farm random teams quite easily. And the most annoying problem of all, people are able to set up a 2 player ELO farm with the current PvP system.

So, current problems with the PvP system:
1.) Structured teams are able to fight Random teams. This can lead to structured teams being able to farm ELO.
2.) Random teams only need to win 1 out of 4 battles to continue going up in ELO.
3.) The current matching algorithm allows easy farming.

My proposed solutions / updates for these issues (Note, solutions don't match up with above numbers. I number as a way to organize):
1.) First and foremost, the matching algoithm should be updated in two major ways. The first major update would be to make it impossible for two players to match up with each other twice in a row. There has to be a new player every match. This would help prevent two players from setting up an ELO farm of each other through timed matching (hitting find match at exact same time). The second major update would be to extend the level gap needed to fight players as they go up in ELO. The current system does not allow high levels players to fight low level players even if they are relatively the same ELO and at the top of the leaderboard. So for example, Xerks (ID: 160836, Level 31, ELO: 1959) can't fight K-nightmare (ID: 602196, Level 22, ELO: 2071) or LordPunitive (ID: 619966, Level 22, ELO: 2063) due to the current system, even though they are the top three players currently. [Which I don't wanna accuse people or anything, but if I had to take a guess I would say these two players are cheating the system and farming each other through random mode and timed matching.]

^ (This update is really needed and would be implemented along with any of the below suggestions) ^

2.) A possible solution to keep ELO back in check is to create separate leaderboards for each mode and prevent structured from matching with random. I personally don't really like this solution as we would then have to keep track of two ELO scores which I'm sure no one wants.

3.) Another possible solution would be to completely remove gaining and losing ELO from random mode, and instead replace the double ELO with a higher chance of getting better chests. Of course this would also require structured not being able to match with random anymore.

4.) The final solution would be to adjust ELO gain/loss when winning or losing a match.

If using a structured team...
- Vs. Structured: Normal ELO gain/loss (determined by enemy ELO compared to your own)
- Vs. Random: x0.5 ELO gain if win / x2 ELO loss if lose

If using a random team...
- Vs. Random: Normal ELO gain/loss (determined by enemy ELO compared to your own)
- Vs. Structured: x2 ELO gain if win / Normal ELO loss if lose

I'm fairly sure these values would work, however they made need adjusting. Essentially just tweak the ELO gain/loss values to make it more punishing if you lose as a random team and to make the gain much less if winning as a structured team vs a random team.

Anyways, those are my suggestions to help improve the current PvP system. I typed this entirely on my phone so I apologize for any typos and such. I am also typing this fairly late at night, so if any part of my suggestions are confusing to you simply post a reply asking me to explain it further and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Manuel Chu
12-31-2016, 02:19 PM
nah kobojo need at last 1 month to fix this new pvp issue, from 15 in lion to 1k players in it , random pvp should stay but offer different rewards than actual one , before you need win 90% of battles to gain elo points now only 25% is needed to gain points in random mode , we pass from helll mode to very easy mode in one update , i feel they need a consultant and run more test before realese a new update and basic math and economy lessons too

Thanh
12-31-2016, 04:17 PM
I think they are pretty good with economy thingy, the shop and lock smith update are design to make ppl purchase more.

They only throw the gameplay away, making common heroes better than epic, design an useless top 100, don't ever care about manipulate color on the board that leads to one side battle 50% of the game, nor testing carefully before updates.

I suggest a testing arena mode, as I remember when they first update heroes like Mori for example, Mori on stages is still the old one. A testing arena mode is where the new hero update is available and being tested before apply to the normal arena mode. Just an idea.

Michael Garde
12-31-2016, 11:13 PM
I suggest a testing arena mode, as I remember when they first update heroes like Mori for example, Mori on stages is still the old one. A testing arena mode is where the new hero update is available and being tested before apply to the normal arena mode. Just an idea.
We have casual battles and the quests that don't penalise you for losing so I don't think there is any need for a testing arena

Thanh
01-01-2017, 01:57 AM
I didn't mean the test for player to build their team, I mean the test to give feed back to kobojo about new hero balance fix before applying it to the normal arena.

Michael Garde
01-01-2017, 02:49 AM
I didn't mean the test for player to build their team, I mean the test to give feed back to kobojo about new hero balance fix before applying it to the normal arena.

Only way to really test a hero is to use it in battles. Casual battle is the testing arena

Thanh
01-01-2017, 04:01 AM
Yes my idea is to test it in battle, and I didnt say the testing arena cannot be Casual battle. My main point is to apply the new fix into that type of arena only, if its good we can apply it to rated arena. However its just an idea and mostly wont be taken into account, and its going off topic too much.

Meo
01-04-2017, 03:41 AM
They should just separate the arena into Random and Constructed. No need to have double the elo.

They could have the constructed arena as the seasonal one with the leagues. So long as random counts towards battle chest and for wins you get chest, I'm fine with it not having a reward.

I find going against constructed teams so frustrating 99% of them are Masha, Kishu, Harron + a yellow/red. But using a constructed team against a random team I find rather boring.