PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] Arena Formats I Want [DISCUSSION]

gWorldz
01-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Arena Formats I Want

RANKED
1: Constructed vs Constructed (1x ELO 1x XP)
2: Random vs Random (1.5x ELO 1.5x XP)
3: Random vs Constructed (2x ELO 2x XP)
4: Constructed vs Random (0.5 ELO 0.5 XP)

CASUAL
1: Constructed vs Constructed (10-50 Gold)
2: Random vs Random (25-75 Gold)
3: Random vs Constructed (20-100 Gold)
4: Constructed vs Random (5-25 Gold)

Casual needs more thought this was just throwing something in there just to have something in there o.O

Any ideas, what are your thoughts and what other suggestions can you come up with?

NickWilde
01-26-2017, 10:11 AM
Arena Formats I Want

RANKED
2: Random vs Random (1x ELO 2x XP)

No Random vs Constructed.

gWorldz
01-26-2017, 10:24 AM
Arena Formats I Want

RANKED
2: Random vs Random (1x ELO 2x XP)

No Random vs Constructed.

Yea I'd be happy with that too, but sometimes I want to play random versus constructed just to feed my ego ;)

Skunkix
01-26-2017, 03:32 PM
Sometimes when you got random and they have cpnstructed its really a challenge and its great even if you lose

Meo
01-26-2017, 05:08 PM
NickWilde's suggestion is preferrable.

Random v. Constructed is only fun when it is a challenge and not an execution

smilesnow
01-27-2017, 08:42 AM
Maybe a system that determines rewards levels by certain percentages of total participants rather than fixed elo points. I would suggest top 3% players receive lion chest, top 10% players receive bear chest etc. And considering that nowadays the time needed to complete one fight has increased to about 5-10 minutes, I also would like to suggest a fixed number of fights for one season. For example, first 200 fights in one season generate elo points and from fight 201, only exp and chests but no elo points. In this way we can play the game for fun and it prevents players to farm scores constantly or park constantly.

Knightified
01-27-2017, 04:32 PM
I like the casual idea, but I think the gold amounts should be increased. Those amounts are next to nothing lol.

gWorldz
01-27-2017, 05:13 PM
I like the casual idea, but I think the gold amounts should be increased. Those amounts are next to nothing lol.

In the draft of that post I had an extra 0 on the end of those numbers but feared it could be abused by people just conceding to get rewards and it was just to get *something* for wasting our time in casual even if it wasn't much :ohno:

Knightified
01-27-2017, 09:16 PM
In the draft of that post I had an extra 0 on the end of those numbers but feared it could be abused by people just conceding to get rewards and it was just to get *something* for wasting our time in casual even if it wasn't much :ohno:

But they won't get gold if they don't win?

gWorldz
01-27-2017, 10:51 PM
But they won't get gold if they don't win?
I think winning should be required to receive any reward o.O

The scenario I mention would be done from a second account or ran by bots to game the system and just concede. Its a complicated and aggravating way to abuse the system but I don't think it would be difficult :-(

Wish time spent could be rewarded regardless of win or loss just not sure how it could be done without breaking teh game economy o.O

Knightified
01-27-2017, 11:34 PM
I think winning should be required to receive any reward o.O

The scenario I mention would be done from a second account or ran by bots to game the system and just concede. Its a complicated and aggravating way to abuse the system but I don't think it would be difficult :-(

Wish time spent could be rewarded regardless of win or loss just not sure how it could be done without breaking teh game economy o.O

Ah I see what you mean. Similar to what some folks have done to get top of the leaderboards. That being said, perhaps we should just make it so the minimum amount of time played must exceed a minute before prizes are awarded for a forfeit win?

gWorldz
01-28-2017, 02:53 AM
Ah I see what you mean. Similar to what some folks have done to get top of the leaderboards. That being said, perhaps we should just make it so the minimum amount of time played must exceed a minute before prizes are awarded for a forfeit win?

Problem there is you get people that concede just to troll the rest of us -_-

Knightified
01-28-2017, 03:37 AM
Problem there is you get people that concede just to troll the rest of us -_-

Would a significant amount of people actually do that though? I don't think anyone would be willing to do that haha.

gWorldz
01-28-2017, 03:45 AM
Would a significant amount of people actually do that though? I don't think anyone would be willing to do that haha.

*cough* fox spammers *cough*
*cough* constructed farming random *cough*
*cough* hackers *cough*

Yea there are trolls out there that do it just to annoy and aggravate us Knight :enraged:

Knightified
01-28-2017, 03:59 AM
Fox spammers are annoying, for sure, but I don't think they exactly "trolls" in the pure definition of the word. Or rather, they still care enough that they play to win and wouldn't stoop so low as to just casual forfeit for some given amount of games.

Same with hackers, as their main priority is to win.

As for constructed v random, #BlameKobojo