PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] Live Balance Discussion [Season 10]

gWorldz
01-30-2017, 06:49 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/20zutrs.jpg

This thread is for discussing Season 10's unbalanced heroes and reworking their design to fix the problems. Please post with your ideas, as well as, the problem and include why and how your proposed changes can solve the issues.

When posting please try to be concise and use language we can all understand. Don't use this thread to whine and complain, use it instead to contribute to the conversation and help solve the problems ;)

January 31, 2017

Latest Balance Update: http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?15792-31-01-17-BALANCING-CHANGES

Note: Lion League players always have their ELO reset back to 1100 at the end of each season.

JB48
01-31-2017, 01:57 AM
I just played 8 straight matches vs constructd deck and started 2nd in all of em! I played random in all of em, Please fix that stupid shit!
And rey is still OP. , Id rather not find any opponent than face constructed decks! Almost all of em use same stuff, put rey , tai on front row,
Making jassar, missar and other shitty heroes we get all the time in random useless!

smilesnow
01-31-2017, 02:58 AM
More people are using Komeul&Rey as their reaper deck. After Rey heals Komeul and raise his resistance, it's almost unable to take him down in the following turn. Other killer Card is of relatively high gauge and difficult to activate more than twice in one round.

Knightified
01-31-2017, 03:18 AM
More people are using Komeul&Rey as their reaper deck. After Rey heals Komeul and raise his resistance, it's almost unable to take him down in the following turn. Other killer Card is of relatively high gauge and difficult to activate more than twice in one round.

I just played 8 straight matches vs constructd deck and started 2nd in all of em! I played random in all of em, Please fix that stupid shit!
And rey is still OP. , Id rather not find any opponent than face constructed decks! Almost all of em use same stuff, put rey , tai on front row,
Making jassar, missar and other shitty heroes we get all the time in random useless!

Tomorrow is a hero change patch. Read up on it here: http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?15792-31-01-17-BALANCING-CHANGES

Knightified
01-31-2017, 03:23 AM
Although regarding those updates, as a few people in the Telegram chat brought up, Jasser and Wakai essentially have the same ability now? That should be changed somehow.

Michael Garde
01-31-2017, 03:49 AM
Pretty much all those updates sound great and on the money however gyle will still be rather useless

gWorldz
01-31-2017, 05:56 AM
Although regarding those updates, as a few people in the Telegram chat brought up, Jasser and Wakai essentially have the same ability now? That should be changed somehow.
Is a typo will be fixed at the beginning of the Kobojo business day :O_O:

Knightified
01-31-2017, 01:54 PM
Is a typo will be fixed at the beginning of the Kobojo business day :O_O:

Ohhhh okay. Nevermind then.

Knightified
01-31-2017, 04:48 PM
Pretty much all those updates sound great and on the money however gyle will still be rather useless

Gyle just needs his original ability back and he'd be perfect.

Meo
01-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Yars...why is her battlecry damage to herself greater than the poison inflicted on others.

Without Nei-Li or Wan&Xiao or Mirga, etc. she will die rather quickly. I think the poison inflicted on herself should be equal to or less than that which is inflicted on others.

Michael Garde
01-31-2017, 09:07 PM
Gyle just needs his original ability back and he'd be perfect.

Exactly. Hopefully will happen next update now

Knightified
01-31-2017, 10:17 PM
I feel like Mirga's battlecry should increase invocation speed more than it does. The current bonus is almost nothing (20% at level 6, aka 1 more charge per normal troop activated).

DevilliuS
01-31-2017, 10:43 PM
Yar Why poison ourselves? What does it affect? And why is he so little damage? Can you tell us about the distinctive features and the ability of the hero more, why it was done?

Michael Garde
02-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Yar sucks... Attack too low considering he poisons himself enough that he kills himself in a few turns

Meo
02-01-2017, 12:49 AM
I think it's because Yar is a common hero. I remember when Nara came out (I wasn't a fan, low HP, poison was weak). Maybe once you get him say level 7+ she would be of use.

But at level 3 her poison is 12 (one random hero at a time), her HP is 121 and her self imposing poison is 18...really doesn't seem like a good deal.

Michael Garde
02-01-2017, 01:02 AM
I think it's because Yar is a common hero. I remember when Nara came out (I wasn't a fan, low HP, poison was weak). Maybe once you get him say level 7+ she would be of use.

But at level 3 her poison is 12 (one random hero at a time), her HP is 121 and her self imposing poison is 18...really doesn't seem like a good deal.

I thought that at first Cause they are all rather weak at low levels but then started thinking that at higher levels the ratio of health to how much it poisons itself will still be the same. its attack will be more much better so yeah it will be more effective but it'll still only have a limited time for its use.

Knightified
02-01-2017, 01:28 AM
Can't really say much about Yar since I don't have her yet, but it makes no sense whatsoever for a hero to damage themselves.

I feel like Yar is a Rod situation. Needs to have ability reworked.

Of course I can't really say much yet since I don't have her and therefore haven't had the opportunity to test her with different heroes.

smilesnow
02-01-2017, 01:55 AM
It's tested that Nei-Li's ability would grant immunity against adverse effects for 5 rounds. Why it is not stated clearly in the description? And the descriptions of her ability and warcry are the same. So what's the difference?

Meo
02-01-2017, 03:35 PM
It's tested that Nei-Li's ability would grant immunity against adverse effects for 5 rounds. Why it is not stated clearly in the description? And the descriptions of her ability and warcry are the same. So what's the difference?

I know for certain that Nei-Li's battlecry affects the entire side of the board (including frozen tiles, say by Gwenn). Regular activation does not.

Someone also informed me that Battlecry heals and removes adverse effect for ALL heroes but regular activation only removes one hero's adverse effect but heals all...I'll test later and see.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
02-03-2017, 06:30 PM
This is my first Legendary Hero and I personally think it is sort of weak, they need to be more tanky because there's 2 of them together so that should make sense :P and I think the Primal Gauge should be lower since it doesn't really do so much damage and the pulling to the center of the battlefield only works when the enemy hero is at the EDGE of the board

Meo
02-03-2017, 07:53 PM
They also unfreeze/unpoison all heroes as their battle cry. And since they get rid of the sides and middle they do 140 damage.

I think they are fine since they can also make matching hard depending on how you put your opponent. I once had Pyk, Masha and Falkar and I had a totem pole in the middle of my board.

Plus if you have Gwenn/Squy/Savi you're like guaranteed to hit the heroes and do damage.

NickWilde
02-04-2017, 03:02 AM
Let's see...
Karg lv6: cost 67, deals 156 damage in his opposite 2 areas. May block his user's unit and can only deal damage to 1 enemy hero.
Falkar lv3: cost 67, deals 182 damage, wherever he is and wherever the enemy is, with a death revenge. Seems no side-effect.

karg:
http://wx3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/005JQRxvgy1fce7hdp5q1j304703et94.jpg

I mean, Falkar is somehow OP. Let's balance him.;)

Knightified
02-04-2017, 04:54 AM
Falkar is an epic though compared to Karg who is a rare. I feel Falkar is pretty fine tbh. Low health and easily killed.

NickWilde
02-04-2017, 05:28 AM
Falkar is an epic though compared to Karg who is a rare. I feel Falkar is pretty fine tbh. Low health and easily killed.

Before season 10, compared with Kenuh, Hembala is worthy for its rarity.
But now, http://wx3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/005JQRxvgy1fce7hdp5q1j304703et94.jpg

Meo
02-04-2017, 11:42 AM
Let's see...
Karg lv6: cost 67, deals 156 damage in his opposite 2 areas. May block his user's unit and can only deal damage to 1 enemy hero.
Falkar lv3: cost 67, deals 182 damage, wherever he is and wherever the enemy is, with a death revenge. Seems no side-effect.

karg:
http://wx3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/005JQRxvgy1fce7hdp5q1j304703et94.jpg

I mean, Falkar is somehow OP. Let's balance him.;)

But Falkar follows a specific rule set and Karg allows you to aim.

(i.e. on the field there are the following heroes with the following remaining HP: Ken-Uh: HP320, Gyle: HP203, Kiit: HP102, PyK: HP100). Falkar rule dictates he must kill Pyk first even though you really want to hit Kiit or Ken-Uh. Karg can take out either one of them.

Before season 10, compared with Kenuh, Hembala is worthy for its rarity.
But now, http://wx3.sinaimg.cn/mw690/005JQRxvgy1fce7hdp5q1j304703et94.jpg

I kind of agree...Ken-Uh really didn't need a lower gauge. Hembala they increased his gauge by 11 but they also increased his damage by 10 (instant death to Pyk)

NickWilde
02-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Then you just shoot a second crossbow and Kiit is gone.;)
Every coin has two sides, but Karg, a disposable stone sticking in your board and waiting for dead, really sucks.

Meo
02-05-2017, 03:10 AM
Hopefully Falkar won't be able to be activated again during that turn and Kiit will kill him.

I like Karg (I prefer him to Huron/Uku)...because he can wipe out Ken-Uh/Arpa (tank lifers), Noren/Xiao&Wan/Krys (annoying heroes) with a single summon. He's done his job. But against single tile heroes...that's a bit tough.

They should bring back Hembala's direct damage to player HP back. He's not very legendary at the moment. At level 2 he only slows down heroes 17% and if your gauge is full his battle cry is rendered useless.

NickWilde
02-05-2017, 04:27 AM
Yeah, and Hembala's war cry will sometimes make others' war cry active twice....

About Karg, I think it would be better if his life is as few as Komeul's, since his staying in board after activating is useless and opponent can deal massive damage to you from kill him.

Knightified
02-05-2017, 04:37 AM
Yeah, and Hembala's war cry will sometimes make others' war cry active twice....

About Karg, I think it would be better if his life is as few as Komeul's, since his staying in board after activating is useless and opponent can deal massive damage to you from kill him.

That's a fair change. Or you could do a Pyk-like situation. Low health at start but once summoned gains a lot of health.

Meo
02-05-2017, 12:05 PM

But then Karg is all reward and no risk. He can deal 300+ damage and kill any double tile hero. Kill single tile hero if activated twice but killing him only gets you 100 damage.

He's different than Pyk though. Pyk is an epic who's only use is to block damage. I always hate seeing him cause killing him is worth nothing.

Meo
02-08-2017, 01:44 AM
Yars...need to lower his gauge to say 30 if you want him to be of use. 43 is way too high

ProudSpud
02-08-2017, 04:27 AM
Yar's self poisoning seems to make him kind of pointless though. I mean, he litterally poisons himself and takes more damage than his target, which doesn't really help when he's got relatively low health for being a common.

Now, I know the enemy poisoning is stackable. But he's randomly choosing between 4 targets. Eventually he's dead before any enemy heroe dies.

Maybe I'm not seeing something here. Please help me understand his self poisoning ability.

ProudSpud
02-08-2017, 04:35 AM
Yars...need to lower his gauge to say 30 if you want him to be of use. 43 is way too high

This could help Yar become more useful. Or maybe lowering his life to be similar to Komeul and eliminating the self poisoning. That way he doesn't kill himself, but isn't hard to kill either.

Michael Garde
02-08-2017, 08:12 AM
yar def needs some tweeking, either something like the suggestions above or raising his poison attack or making him attack two random targets at a time but he needs something.
and wan&xiao is too OP now. He went from useless to the most dominant hero when it was last update. I love using him now and altho its not so much him by himself its the combinations you can use with him that make him crazy strong. combined with erys, liu, squy harron and its lights out for your heroes or any of the heroes that attack straight columns.
and while I'm on legendaries stortan needs a little something else, like a higher resistance build and when he rearranges the board if a combo of green lands it should count towards his activation. Hembala's last changes suck, he was fine as he was. Ned and Noren are strong as legendaries should be but still somewhat balanced.
IMO

Meo
02-08-2017, 09:52 PM
But how could they fix Wan&Xiao cause he, himself isn't really broke. It's the fact that if you team him up with other heroes he becomes OP.

I feel like one of Stortan's biggest con is he's a 3 space hero (if only they could make all his life stored in 1 of those 3 tiles), then he's not as easy to kill by heroes like Karg/Erys/Kiit/Wan&Xiao.

I want them to bring back Hembala's direct damage to player's HP. I can live with the increase in gauge cause there's a increase in damage.

ProudSpud
02-09-2017, 02:39 AM
Stortan could really use a space reduction. He's incredibly easy to kill this way, despite his barrier. And Hembala's direct damage to the player should come back, even if reduced. He doesn't feel as legendary as he was before.

Michael Garde
02-09-2017, 04:15 AM
But how could they fix Wan&Xiao cause he, himself isn't really broke. It's the fact that if you team him up with other heroes he becomes OP.

Yeah I'm not really sure what could be done. Finding strong combos is part of the fun in the game but the combos he can form are just too strong. maybe if he moved heroes one square from wherever they sit, so it would take two activations to bring a hero to middle from the edge or something like that.

I'm one away from gettin Hembala to lvl 3 but since they changed him I'm regretting that he was the legendary i focused on.
Stortan taking up 2 tiles would help but he still wouldn't feel like a legendary. Maybe he needs a massive tank health?

Meo
02-09-2017, 05:23 PM
Stortan is really great against those healing teams, basically renders Kishu/Ned/Masha/Marrar, etc useless.

How tank are we talking? I don't want him to be worth 500HP and one Kiit hit + Uku and he's dead. Maybe they should do the Pyk thing on him. He has 70 HP but when he comes out...it becomes 400+HP or something like that (no rearranging of tiles)

Michael Garde
02-10-2017, 02:28 AM
Yeah not 500 but mor Ethan he has, cause effective as he is against those heroes there'lol be the time he doesn't get charged and usually it's lights out for him then. I'm kinda just thinking if he's able to withstand an onslaught that time he can't charge he might be more useful without being op.
And yeah the pyk style thing might be a good option for him. At least it wouldn't hurt so much once you lost him.
As it is while trying to charge him every turn, unless your whole teams green the other heroes won't get charged, and if you charge your other colour heroes then he's gone. If he wasn't a legendary it probably wouldn't such a big deal but all in all he isn't that legendary

Michael Garde
02-10-2017, 02:31 AM
First line previously was meant to say more health than he has. Couldn't change it cause of the crappy 2min window to edit.

Erjon Kaiku
02-11-2017, 09:28 PM
I finished the hard frienship day event and then my connection lost. When i re-enter there all was lost. Why happened I lost 80 rubies in there

Knightified
02-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Masha: Gauge needs to be increased to at least 51.

Kishu: Gauge needs to be increased to at least 65.

[K] BlueSky
02-13-2017, 10:26 AM
Thank you all for this amazing feedback, please stay tuned to our next balance changes announcement :)

Arena Season 11 begins with a fresh look in this thread (http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?15884-FEEDBACK-Live-Balance-Discussion-Season-11).