PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Saru's ability not increased by buffer heroes

Knightified
02-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Heroes like Vernay, Kane, etc. do not increase the power of Saru's ability.

smilesnow
02-07-2017, 03:13 AM
I think they design it to be like this in order to prevent Saru becoming an op. The same idea is applied to poison damages and resistance as well. Buff heroes can do nothing to boost poison heroes like Nara or Komeul, nor can they boost Pyke or Stortan. However power buff can affect healers by increasing their healing amount. The only exception to it so far is the new legendary one : Nei-Li. Her continuous healing ability is not boosted by buff heroes.

Knightified
02-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Hmmm... well on that note could we get an official response on whether or not it's intended?

[K] BlueSky
02-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Hmmm... well on that note could we get an official response on whether or not it's intended?

Correct, that's as intended :) We're currently thinking of implementing a text disclaimer on buffing/de-buffing Heroes to clear this up in-game.
Let us know if you have any ideas.

Knightified
02-14-2017, 01:11 AM
BlueSky;67370']Correct, that's as intended :) We're currently thinking of implementing a text disclaimer on buffing/de-buffing Heroes to clear this up in-game.
Let us know if you have any ideas.

Hmmm... maybe the buff / debuff could be applied to different things instead of their ability? So for example, Saru's banana bomb damage. Or if it's a hero like Vernay with no special thing besides buff ability, it could buff or debuff his resistance.

smilesnow
02-14-2017, 05:21 AM
I raised Saru to level6 and guess what. His ability power only increased by 1%. This is weird because Styr at level 5 buffs the entire team with 21% power increase. And both the heroes have powerful death rattles. So why Saru's ability power is lower? It takes 100k gold to level up and the result let feel it's completely unworthy of the gold.

Meo
02-14-2017, 07:46 AM
Hmmm... maybe the buff / debuff could be applied to different things instead of their ability? So for example, Saru's banana bomb damage. Or if it's a hero like Vernay with no special thing besides buff ability, it could buff or debuff his resistance.

Does Saru send out less bombs if you have a de-buffing hero? Cause I noticed when my enemy has Komeul or when we both use Saru...his bombs are less than the usual 3.

But when there is no de-buffer, he throws 3 bombs. Coincidence?

I raised Saru to level6 and guess what. His ability power only increased by 1%. This is weird because Styr at level 5 buffs the entire team with 21% power increase. And both the heroes have powerful death rattles. So why Saru's ability power is lower? It takes 100k gold to level up and the result let feel it's completely unworthy of the gold.

But he makes up for it by having a battlecry, a death rattle and his gauge is like 2 less than Styr (not that it matters).

I prefer Saru to Styr. I even prefer Vernay to Styr even if he doesn't have the death rattle just because his gauge is 50% that of Styr. Plus Styr death rattle is only useful if you have your heroes on the field, if you have hero killers hidden because your opponent hasn't played a single hero yet, they don't benefit from the death rattle.

Pros and cons of both.

Knightified
02-14-2017, 08:35 PM
Saru always throws same amount of bombs it's just that sometimes the bombs hit heroes instead of open squares, so it effectively deletes the bomb and acts like it was never thrown.

Meo
02-14-2017, 09:58 PM
I'll pay closer attention.

Because the 3 times I noticed my opponent had Saru twice and Komeul once. I once activated Saru 5 times and my opponent's Saru threw 1 bomb.

Granted, I might be noticing a non-existent trend