PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] Live Balance Discussion [Season 11]

[K] BlueSky
02-13-2017, 10:25 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/20zutrs.jpg

This thread is for discussing Season 11's unbalanced heroes and reworking their design to fix the problems. Please post with your ideas, as well as, the problem and include why and how your proposed changes can solve the issues.

When posting please try to be concise and use language we can all understand. Don't use this thread to whine and complain, use it instead to contribute to the conversation and help solve the problems ;)

February 13, 2017

Latest Balance Update: http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?15887-14-02-17-BALANCING-CHANGES

Note: Lion League players always have their ELO reset back to 1100 at the end of each season.

*Created on behalf of Doc ;)

gWorldz
02-14-2017, 09:04 AM
BlueSky;67373']*Created on behalf of Doc ;)
Thank you Blue Sky, the assist was greatly appreciated this season :D

Looking forward to this seasons changes and can't wait for the community feedback ;)

NickWilde
02-14-2017, 09:53 AM
Karg's change really impresses me a lot..:O_O:

I can see the shadow of Harron from Karg, which is even more stronger....

And an unrelated question, what's the thing on Liu's right hand? His finger? Or something likes a candle? This confuses me for a long time.:*
http://i.imgur.com/Aq2hsdp.png

Meo
02-14-2017, 05:08 PM
I feel pretty confident that Liu is holding onto a glowing wand (he has 3 fingers and 1 thumb)

Meo
02-14-2017, 06:13 PM
I completely misunderstood Karg's battlecry. Karg's battle cry is to boost 90% of his damage to his health? But the math seems to be slightly off

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh583/Meo_007/Screenshot%20Feb%2014%202017%2010_02_22_zpse6ioqiu n.png?t=1487005780

NickWilde
02-15-2017, 02:43 AM
I completely misunderstood Karg's battlecry. Karg's battle cry is to boost 90% of his damage to his health? But the math seems to be slightly off

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh583/Meo_007/Screenshot%20Feb%2014%202017%2010_02_22_zpse6ioqiu n.png?t=1487005780

Eh....Me too. I thought it boosts his damage by 90%....

Skunkix
02-15-2017, 05:55 AM
Can we suggest hero modifications here? I mean like "ill totally add X passive / DR / BC, to Y hero"

02-15-2017, 10:05 AM
it says karg s damage 90%+. but all i can see is a hp up.....just like cipai....... where is dmg up?

[K] BlueSky
02-15-2017, 10:19 AM
it says karg s damage 90%+. but all i can see is a hp up.....just like cipai....... where is dmg up?

There was a mistake in patch-notes shared, which were fixed now on the forums.
In-game update logs will be corrected as soon as possible, we apologize for any confusion caused by this!

Meo
02-16-2017, 12:04 PM
Waru, he's so useless. I mean 100x worst than old Rod or even Yar. At least Rod gave his own side a boost.

I played him 5 times he hit my own side 10/15 times, 66%.

I thought maybe I could still play him without another of my own then he MUST hit the opponent. Instead he hit HIMSELF 3 times and ended up with 1 HP. As he is right now, he is more of an enemy than friend. Even if he hits everyone equally, he cost you HP when he dies.

If you wish to keep his ability and may him playable. He should be worth 1 HP and give himself 300HP when he comes out.

Meo
02-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Also speaking about new heroes.

Is Banka working correctly? His description is "+10% Increases attack strength". Currently he is only increasing his own attack strength and no other heroes'. Is that the way he's intended to work as a suicide blocker?

Skunkix
02-16-2017, 05:26 PM
It may stack, right?

Meo
02-16-2017, 05:46 PM
Yes. It stacks but it's only his own attack. Does not affect other heroes.

Michael Garde
02-16-2017, 11:48 PM
I'm glad I dont have those 2 new heroes yet, I hope somehow I never get them.

but still for me it's the legendaries that seem a bit out of whack. I'm gettin tired of always coming up against wan&xiao, their ability is just too much imo
Hembala even with the last update seems somewhat underpowered. whether its a lower activation or more health and bring back his hitting the player ability and as always the removing players from board works against me most of the time.
and stortan is not worthy of legendary status. My best solution is his activation needs to be as low as possible, than all his other shortcomings might be balanced out

Meo
02-17-2017, 02:42 AM
Banka is fine. At level 3 his health is only 151 but his death rattle damage is 121x2 (which is like a level 2 Noren) add the +12% per activation and only 52 gauge. He's fine (haven't had a chance to use him in the arena though)

I still don't have an idea how to fix Wan&Xiao. Maybe he shouldn't be destroying all those tiles Mori/Marraar put so much effort into leveling up (like maybe if the tiles are worth 25+, you can't destroy them with a push in). That MIGHT prevent heroes from all gathering and falling into Erys' fire pit

I like personally think Stortan is OK. If he's too low and you're stuck with a team of healers/buffers or even random hitters like Hiru/Kaala, you're in so much trouble.

Alternatively...maybe Hembala should NOT remove hero from the board but still make their gauge slower. I think then, they don't need to have direct hit to opponent HP.

Michael Garde
02-17-2017, 03:13 AM
having a point value they couldnt break could work. Ultimately I dont really know what the fix is he has a fine line between being weak and what he is now.
I might be a bit hard on poor ol stortan cause he is effective against some teams, say a kishu masha mori marraar but even then if you manage to charge him turn after turn by going for green tiles you wont be scoring many points cause the opponents tiles will be charged and unless you have a team of green or get really lucky with the stacks you wont be charging your other heroes to do damage and once you run out of greens shows over.
I've tried a fair few combos with him and as much as I have frustrated some other players rarely is he really effective for me. maybe its me just not using him effectively tho.
I have Hembala at lvl 3 now and he's been letting me down all morning. Sure I havent had the good luck of getting an overload of yellow tiles but i was getting decent amounts. I think you are right meo, take away the remove enemy players and add the slower gauge til they are charged. That might be the best way to bring him up to speed. Because if you get lucky with stacks and stacks of yellows he can be your best hero, but those occasions are rare and any hero is really effective when getting the stacks of tiles really...

Meo
02-17-2017, 05:11 AM
Hopefully when you have Stortan, you also have some hero killers. Maybe I've just been really lucky with him...but I like getting him in random. Only need to activate him once per turn and save up those charged gauge for the next turn.

He also makes for good lure.

I actually hate Wan&Xiao for another reason. Healing of poison. I've had him saved poisoned heroes that were down to like single/low double digit life. All the hard work Nara did was for nought. But I don't know how to make Wan&Xiao more balanced without making him useless. Maybe just lower the center damage he does?

Michael Garde
02-17-2017, 06:05 AM
That's kinda my problem I have with stortan, unless my other heroes are green I waste two goes trying to activate him and my other heroes aren't getting charged. But your right as he is good lure
And I always forget about wan&xiao poison heal, yet another strength on top of what it has.

NickWilde
02-17-2017, 10:32 AM
Hembala's warcry should reduce the activation speed for 60% and summon speed for 20%, only for one turn but without remove them back to deck.
And personally I think his direct damage is still needed.

Meo
02-17-2017, 05:06 PM
No. If you add "direct damage", "no removal from board", -60% activation/-20% summoning. Hembala would be so OP.

I think he was fine as he was before. So add back direct damage or don't allow removal from board.

Estefan Rodriguez
02-17-2017, 05:26 PM
the direct dmg board or not is what makes him unique, besides, hes legendary lol would be horrible if it can only hit on the board like ken-uh

Meo
02-17-2017, 05:31 PM
Actually Ken-Uh does make a direct hit, so in thar regards Ken-Uh is superior.

Hembala's best feature is his ability to hit heroes that are laying in wait. But Yar and Komeul do that now too...so you know...

ProudSpud
02-19-2017, 06:16 AM
I have a lot of problems with Waru now that he exists. Just like Yar, why would he even hit himself? For now, he seems much more harmful than he is useful.

As for Banka, I haven't gotten her yet, but she seems quite fair. She literally works as a bomb waiting to explode and becoming stronger by the minute. I'm actually hoping to test er out to add her to my team. Her ability does only buff her from what I understood in her description.

Now, Hembala is a different story. His direct damage to the player was what made him a good hero, and I do hope for it to come back.

And his battlecry seems to act against you most of the time. You see, heroes like Saru and Gwen might get to activate their battlecries twice through the game. And with heroes like Karg, Ku-Luo, or Harron, you're just giving them a chance to replace their heroes to attack yours, acting as an advantage to the enemy rather than yourself.

Meo
02-26-2017, 10:03 AM
I would like Missar to ALWAYS either freeze or do damage, for all rounds, not just initial activation.

Current situation if you freeze a hero the previous round and you activate Missar again when the hero is frozen: you might see no damage, thus you think you froze them again. But opponent's turn, that hero is unfrozen.

It really messes up my strategy. Cause his gauge is 72, I usually do not activate him twice per turn, like Stortan, I save my filled up gauge hero until the next round. Today in two games I've been killed by a Kiit I thought was frozen and the other time by Noren.

[K] BlueSky
02-27-2017, 11:22 AM
Thank you for this great feedback and another heated Arena season !

The Season 12 Feedback thread should be available shortly!

gWorldz
02-27-2017, 08:28 PM
Please continue this discussion in the Season 12 Live Blanace Discussion (http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?15998-Live-Balance-Discussion-Season-12) thread and thank you for your participation :D