PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] Game Health and good vibes

weXer
02-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Hi Kobojo. I'm a huge fan of match-3 and have loved them very much since PopCap's Chuzzle, Bejeweled, Zuma and ofc Puzzle Quest . So when I saw there was a competitive game with these elements it brought back a lot of nostalgia and made me think of my Puzzle Fighter wars on the SNES :D

Anyway I see the usual amount of forum doom and gloom mixed with positive feedback for Primal Legends lately. I can see from the players playing that there is great retention for the core and also a decent amount of new blood coming in. As I mentioned big fan so I want to give you some thoughts that might help you monetise a little better. The money - no devs - no game: I know the score and I want the game to live for a long time :ohno:

The PvP events are the core of this title in terms of spending. You need to make them more competitive or the players are going to start getting bored. Currently there is no incentive for players that can easily get over 1100 Elo. The arena chest rewards is a broken system and you need to address it immediately. You need a better ranking system with tiered rewards for positions finished in a given tournament:

Example.

1st - 10th
11th - 100th
101 - 300
301 - 500
501 - 1000
1001 - 3000
3001 - 5000
5000 ∼

The ranking points should be replaced with event points that are boost-able with certain conditions like going random, picking mainly one colour, using a certain hero in your team or buying a consumable event point booster or a hero that boosts points gain for current event. This is common practise in freemium guys get your little French fingers out ;)

If you need more tips you can contact me privately, I want the best for this game so I will help you to improve it.

PS: Vary the PvP event types and durations. You need at least 3 types of events in any game to keep the community engaged.

weXer
02-14-2017, 10:22 AM
No responses... I retract the finger quote I know you guys are busy with building events and new heroes. It's just a suggestion for improved PvP events :)

[K] BlueSky
02-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Hello WeXer,

When it comes to such precise suggestions I usually share them with our Game Designers directly, and although they don't reply your thread has been read :)

That being said, PvP events are coming to Primal Legends, although we unfortunately don't have any ETA to share right now. Please stay tuned for announcements!

weXer
02-14-2017, 10:57 AM
OK sounds good thanks for the reply.

Btw the designer that is mainly responsible for the new Hero designs and the artist(s) drawing the heroes are top level people! Please give them my upmost congrats on the amazing creative work they do :)

Skunkix
02-14-2017, 11:01 AM
I still remember the old pvp event Blue vs Red. Was really cool :p

weXer
02-14-2017, 11:27 AM
I still remember the old pvp event Blue vs Red. Was really cool :p

Yeah it was cool but there was nothing to track progress of event and you were at a big disadvantage when you fought a player that wasn't trying for either team! :D I think that tournament was won for red by new players, cause a lot of the early red heroes are decent until players get to level 20ish. I was only playing Roku, Mori, Krys, Maarrar if I remember and they were doing well