PDA

View Full Version : [Team Guide] The Ultimate (De)Buffing Team! ID: 455004

Knightified
02-16-2017, 04:30 AM
Let me begin by saying this is probably my favorite team I've created so far for competitive play. Reasons will come later in the thread, but I've had some great matches with it. It is the team I currrently use for competitive play.

Team Members:
-Kishu
-Masha
-Saru
-Noren

Reasons behind these heroes:
-Kishu is used due to her extreme buffing of troops. A level 5 Kishu is able to boost each square on the board by 8 HP, and she has a fairly low gauge considering that ability. Her death rattle is also extremely useful if played correctly (which I'll tell you how to play correctly later on).

-Masha is used due to her extreme buffing of troops directly touching her. These troops can be used to make cascades that deal MASSIVE damage. Depending on the situation, Masha can also be used to buff Noren/Saru's HP, but more on that later.

-Saru is used due to his amazing ability of decreasing the effectiveness of enemy heroes' abilities. If targeted and killed, his death rattle can cause some banana bombs that can either 1.) Massively damage enemy heroes or 2.) Make cascades and matching quite difficult for the enemy.

Noren is used as the deal breaker. He is the best hero in the game as far as causing the most damage to either the enemy heroes or enemy commander. I find Noren to be the best choice for a damage dealer as he deals more damage than Ned or Drall and is charged anyways because he is a red like Saru. His passive ability also decreases effectiveness of enemy troops which can be useful at times.

How to play with this team:
In order to play with this team, you must know what to do in different situations. If you know what to do in the different situations, the only reason to lose with this team is if your opponent gets god-tier RNG (charging their heroes on first turn) or you get terrible RNG (Not being able to charge heroes at all).

Let's first go over the basics. Depending on which situation you are in, you'll need to decide whether or not to prioritize (assuming your board allows you to prioritize) red over yellow or vice versa. Regardless of what you're prioritizing, always choose the move that will allow you to charge the most possible. If you can match only 3 red but are able to activate 3 green which allows the 3 red to activate after, activate the green first. You get MORE red charge that way, along with dealing extra damage to your opponent which may be the cause of why you won in the end.

Now with this team, you have three major routes:
1.) Play the damage game: This route has you prioritize yellow troops to charge Kishu and Masha over the other heroes. The hope with this route is to deal as much damage as possible in a short period of time. Choose this route when you have an extremely high amount of yellows. If you're able to charge your heroes in the first turn of the match, summon them so it's harder for the enemy to destroy your troops and deal damage to you.

2.) Play the long game: This route is what I like to call the "smart route." You'll want to prioritize this route when you have an extreme amount of red troops on the board. In this route, summon Saru and activate him as many times as possible and as quickly in the game as possible to make the enemy heroes extremely ineffective. Once you've got all the yellow heroes charged up and ready to go, activate them at the start of your turn in hopes of getting two activations during that turn.

3.) Play the QuickDraw game: This route is when your board allows you to charge all heroes quickly at the same time. You'll very rarely get the chance to play this route, so when you do, I suggest taking it. Allows for the most variability and response to your opponents actions and heroes.

TL;DR route: Saru makes enemy heroes ineffective, and you bombard enemy with troops buffed by Kishu + Masha. Then finish them off with a nice hit from Noren (whether that's killing an enemy hero or direct hit on enemy commander, that's up to you).

Why this team is so incredibly effective in the competitive environment:
This team is able to deal damage and nullify enemy heroes effectiveness. Many people in the competitive environment sport "killer" teams that win games through killing your heroes. This team is able to negate those teams because Saru can incredibly debuff the heroes that deal damage, all the while you're increasing your own heroes HP with Kishu (and sometimes Masha). It is also useful on other troop buffing teams, as every time Saru is activated it decreases the effectiveness of those HP buffing heroes abilities. Overall, it's able to combat essentially every single team imaginable with a decent chance of success, which is why I believe this team is one of the best that can be created currently.

NickWilde
02-16-2017, 06:50 AM
Very detailed guide;)

[K] BlueSky
02-16-2017, 12:15 PM
Awesome guide, thank you for sharing! :)

Knightified
02-20-2017, 12:55 AM
BlueSky;67574']Awesome guide, thank you for sharing! :)

Why thank you!

On another note, anyone else have anything to say about my guide?

[K] BlueSky
02-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Why thank you!

On another note, anyone else have anything to say about my guide?

I do..
Congratulations for winning our Team Guide contest! Your rewards will be sent very shortly :)

Thanks for your participation to the contest and just generally being an AWESOME Community member ;)

Knightified
02-28-2017, 03:22 PM
BlueSky;68071']I do..
Congratulations for winning our Team Guide contest! Your rewards will be sent very shortly :)

Thanks for your participation to the contest and just generally being an AWESOME Community member ;)

Woohoo! I have received the awards.

Thanks for being a generally awesome company that actually listens to the community. That's hard to find in this day and age. ;)