PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] Elite version

Pheenix
03-13-2017, 09:54 PM
So this is predominantly a PvP game with a bit of story going on in the background right?

Fair enough.

I don't mind the PvP but there doesn't seem to be a goal - something to aim for. Even the usual 'bragging rights' you'd normally associate with PvP aren't much to brag about... We've all got the same characters, they all do *pretty much* the same damage/healing/CC and at the end of the season, we all revert back down to a base league level to do it all over again for another fortnight.

Most level-based RPG games have an elite version of their storyline - harder enemies, forced handicaps, better rewards etc.

Would an elite version of the quest mode add something 'new' to do while we're waiting for the season to turn over?

Enemy HP could be higher.
Enemy unit power could be higher.
Our own HP/unit power could be lower.
Activation times could be lower for the enemy, higher for us.
Time limit could be halved.
Hero skills could be increased/lowered.

Or maybe an elite version with a Random button that picks 1 or more of the above handicaps.
Or you can select the number of handicaps (essentially create-your-own-game) and the more you pick, the higher the reward?

Its just starting to feel a bit "get your cards, do your 20 matches, rinse repeat" at the moment.

Thoughts?

Skunkix
03-14-2017, 03:59 AM
Dont like the idea of doing all the quest again harder. At all. Mostly cuz some lvls are won purely by rng.

An user once asked to have random mode on quest with another reward.

About the handicap idea and specific challenges for levels, a few times we got a few threads about daily quest. Maybe thats more what you are looking for? Like daily quest 'do a win a pyk map with jesser, gwen konil and missar'

Michael Garde
03-14-2017, 06:27 AM
"get your cards, do your 20 matches, rinse repeat"
it takes a lot more than 20 matches now to get back to the new top level. Also there are the battle chests for 5 wins that can reset about 3 times a day.

Quest mode I find rather boring, it was only fun when heroes werent too strong, so maybe adding handicaps with a better prizes could create some reasons to replay.
However I'd rather see the next dungeon event try and step it up a notch with having predetermined heroes for some or all of the levels or if we choose our own teams than it'd be interesting if for each stage there were a few different levels and one is randomly chosen.

A winner moves on tournament mode every now and then would be good too, not sure exactly how they could do it but it would create a lot of competitiveness and some good bragging rights

smilesnow
03-14-2017, 06:33 AM
They actually tried to raise the difficulty for pve battles. But this is a match game and no one was appreciating the change so they had to lower down the difficulty again.

Pheenix
03-14-2017, 10:11 PM
Yeah but you do your 20 to get your chest. If you got the time, the energy and yhe inclination, sure, grind to the next league but its exactly the same up there, just a better chest.

Q mode is boring - theres no getting around it. This way makes it a bit more exciting - random handicaps, pick-you-own handicap(s) to make it harder, hone your tactics etc.

Dailies are something that 99% of rpgs have but again, that eventually just turns into a grind (I played WoW for 7 years - dailies were pretty much all you did.)

Elite mode would be a choosable option - you can play the reg quest or elite version at your choice. There'd be no raised difficulty unless you pick it yourself.

Michael Garde
03-15-2017, 01:01 AM
honestly quests are boring, I'll play the new ones but there isnt much that would make me go back to them unless there was some decent prizes. The dungeons where somewhat worth replaying only because of the prize
PVP is where its at!

Estefan Rodriguez
03-15-2017, 02:03 AM
tbh i would be ok with this, i mean eventually someones gonna be burned out of just doing PvP all day, id like to do something else to gain exp, this is completely optional and i think something like this should be added

Pheenix
03-15-2017, 06:12 PM
Increased difficulty would mean increased reward - more money, guaranteed rubies, more EXP (for the love of god, more EXP!) etc.

As mentioned, questing is boring - thats a given. Surely the ultimate point in any game app is to get your customers coming back to play more? More visits = more loyalty to the game. More loyalty to the game = increased chances of people buying chests/rubies.

Only way thats gonna happen is if the app gets bigger and better. Keeping the quests as they are (a one off, do it, forget it situation that most players agree is boring) is neglecting half the game.

Skunkix
03-16-2017, 02:02 AM
Mostly friends on my list have all quest done. Never got bored on quest, on the contrary some levels are challenging.

ProudSpud
03-16-2017, 05:23 AM
I agree, I enjoy quest levels. But it would be nice to have something else to do. I would like it if something like this or the daily quests were added. If not, somebody else suggested the idea of adding an arena mode with hazards (like snowstorms), and there was also the team events idea from someone else.

Very creative ideas that could make things more interesting. ;D

Pheenix
03-16-2017, 06:56 AM
Maybe boring is the wrong word... more of a non-event?
Out of the (currently) 375 levels, I reckon there were about 10 that I didn't clear first time and three of those took 5+ attempts whilst I tweaked my team.

So that leaves about 365 levels of questing that were one hit wonders. Boss levels weren't anything special... in fact, the only interesting thing I can remember through my quest journey were the region-specific (no idea what they're actually called but I call them...) turrets. The non-hero, non-unit objects on the enemy board that can be flamethrowers, spear chuckers, blockades etc.

They were interesting up to the point where you figured out what they did and how to counteract them.