PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] The new tweak to the match making system?!

smilesnow
03-22-2017, 03:47 AM
Well it looks to me that they have somehow made modifications to the algorithm behind the match making system. Presently I am around 1850 elos and after the new update I have played about 10 matches by now. And I noticed I have been matched with players with extremely low elos. For 3 times my opponents were players with only 1200+ elos. I won those 3 matches and gained 0 points. Other opponents are usually 200-400 elos below me. The player of the highest elo is 1756. This has never happened before the update. In the old match making system I do met players with low elos but the gap was never this huge. How about others? Have you noticed anything similar?

Skunkix
03-22-2017, 04:55 AM
This may be cuz some people does not have the new version yet. And they removed the bots from arena so half of the "pool" of MM is on 17.xx and other half is on 18.XX. Its not the sistem, just people cannot match cross-versions.

smilesnow
03-22-2017, 05:49 AM
Ok thanks it might be the reason. What makes me still curious is that we have gone through many updates since the random arena mode was introduced. Nothing like this has happened before.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
03-22-2017, 06:39 AM
I faced the same guy in PVP twice in a row

Skunkix
03-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Ok thanks it might be the reason. What makes me still curious is that we have gone through many updates since the random arena mode was introduced. Nothing like this has happened before.

It sometimes happens. I remember an old version, specifically on moris change of 4 to 6, when my phone didnt autoupdated game cuz memory and i still could play arena with the other dudes stuck on my version. Its really odd, like they have a server for each version xD

But this time ia weirder, my appstore does not show update =/

Meo
03-22-2017, 02:35 PM
I faced the same guy in PVP twice in a row

That's not uncommon. I once faced the same guy 6 times in a row.

Its only rare when one of you get 0 elo and the other one gets like 10/20 depending on if you are random/constructed