PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] PvP Matching System Suggestion

Knightified
03-26-2017, 12:20 AM
Don't allow matching between players with a huge ELO difference.

For example, ~2000 vs. 1100. This just happened to me and I got 0 ELO for winning, but had I lost I would've lost ~18 (I was playing constructed).

I see no benefit to allowing matches like these to occur. I would rather just wait the extra minute to face someone who would actually provide me with some ELO upon winning.

NickWilde
03-26-2017, 02:47 PM
win for nothing,

that is really a waste of time.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
03-26-2017, 02:59 PM
Don't allow matching between players with a huge ELO difference.

For example, ~2000 vs. 1100. This just happened to me and I got 0 ELO for winning, but had I lost I would've lost ~18 (I was playing constructed).

I see no benefit to allowing matches like these to occur. I would rather just wait the extra minute to face someone who would actually provide me with some ELO upon winning.

I have that problem too, and those high ELO players are overleveled

03-26-2017, 04:12 PM
pls go random to avoid loss of failure

Knightified
03-26-2017, 07:51 PM
pls go random to avoid loss of failure

Going random doesn't avoid this problem. You would still lose ~8 and if you won you MIGHT get +1. Id still rather wait a minute for a higher level opponent.

Walther
03-26-2017, 10:23 PM
my problem is that I, with 1458 HP have to deal with people with 1710 HP or more who are playing constructed, makes no sense to me.

smilesnow
03-27-2017, 04:15 AM
Even in random you get +0. I posted another thread immediately after the update talking about the problem. Some players thought it might be that people play in different game versions. But after these long time I doubt they have tweaked the matching algorithm after all.

Estefan Rodriguez
03-27-2017, 08:03 AM
i agree, ive been fighting lower people or higher people, just doesnt seem fair for either person and should be worked with, of course most games i play...mmo/mobile or console, matchmaking is always poor

Knightified
03-27-2017, 04:38 PM
i agree, ive been fighting lower people or higher people, just doesnt seem fair for either person and should be worked with, of course most games i play...mmo/mobile or console, matchmaking is always poor

I don't mind there being a gap in the ELO, but I don't want to fight someone where if I win I get literally nothing.

ProudSpud
03-28-2017, 02:04 AM
I don't mind there being a gap in the ELO, but I don't want to fight someone where if I win I get literally nothing.

I agree with Knightified. These kind of matches are especially stressful. Either you win for nothing, or you lose big time. Not worth the effort, yet punishing if you decide to leave. I'd wait too.

Meo
03-28-2017, 04:46 AM
Yeah...at the end of the season I'm always matched with people that give me 0-2 elo and I play only random.