PDA

View Full Version : WARU IS EVIL



Dux Inapond
04-01-2017, 06:31 AM
First may I ask, is Waru useless?

I summoned him on the battle field and the first thing he does is throw bombs at my own Wan & Xiao killing them. Right now I think he is beyond useless but I could be missing something about him. I get that he does sometimes throw the bombs at the enemy heroes, but the risk of them hitting your own heroes is too much for me.

On the other hand, there may be a scenario where he may come in handy. If the opponent has heroes on the board and you don't, Waru has no chance of hurting your heroes and all the bombs hit the opponent. It's quite a considerable amount of damage!

I may be a level 21 noob, but I think that may be an effective way to deal with opponent's heroes. Would you look at that... I answered my own question. That's obviously how you use Waru; utterly deadly alone.

For those of you that hate Waru for bombing your own heroes, all I can say is YOU'RE USING HIM WRONG.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
04-01-2017, 06:59 AM
First may I ask, is Waru useless?

I summoned him on the battle field and the first thing he does is throw bombs at my own Wan & Xiao killing them. Right now I think he is beyond useless but I could be missing something about him. I get that he does sometimes throw the bombs at the enemy heroes, but the risk of them hitting your own heroes is too much for me.

On the other hand, there may be a scenario where he may come in handy. If the opponent has heroes on the board and you don't, Waru has no chance of hurting your heroes and all the bombs hit the opponent. It's quite a considerable amount of damage!

I may be a level 21 noob, but I think that may be an effective way to deal with opponent's heroes. Would you look at that... I answered my own question. That's obviously how you use Waru; utterly deadly alone.

For those of you that hate Waru for bombing your own heroes, all I can say is YOU'RE USING HIM WRONG.

No one uses Waru in higher Leagues

Dux Inapond
04-01-2017, 07:39 AM
I would have suspected. He's still dodgy and it makes me edgy when there's someone on the board with him.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
04-01-2017, 08:56 AM
I would have suspected. He's still dodgy and it makes me edgy when there's someone on the board with him.

I had rather use Hiru instead if you ask m to pick between Waru and Hiru

gWorldz
04-01-2017, 09:20 AM
No one uses Waru in higher Leagues
Higher leagues play Random and get him fairly often. We must either find a way to use him or keep him off the board. You do have to be careful but if played right you can clear several of your opponents heroes with Waru while charging up slow power hitting heroes. Waru's low health is a great strength and is boosted to keep him alive but when he dies you take low damage.

Every hero has its own special case uses that make it great and every hero can hurt you if you don't play them right. Knowing how to use all the heroes and having a strategy for when you get them in Random is a lot of the fun ...
;)

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
04-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Higher leagues play Random and get him fairly often. We must either find a way to use him or keep him off the board. You do have to be careful but if played right you can clear several of your opponents heroes with Waru while charging up slow power hitting heroes. Waru's low health is a great strength and is boosted to keep him alive but when he dies you take low damage.

Every hero has its own special case uses that make it great and every hero can hurt you if you don't play them right. Knowing how to use all the heroes and having a strategy for when you get them in Random is a lot of the fun ...
;)

Random is a 50% chance(the heroes you get) and 50% skill to win while nnormal is 90% skill and 10% chance(overleveled and ELO points of opponent)

gWorldz
04-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Random is a 50% chance(the heroes you get) and 50% skill to win while nnormal is 90% skill and 10% chance(overleveled and ELO points of opponent)
You do realize that by choosing your team you are actually making it more about heroes and less about skill. Random shows more skill because you have make what you get work and figure out how they work together. If you choose your team, you are not as skilled as someone making the random team work. Classic constructed is 50% team 40% luck and 10% skill at best. I beat constructed teams with some junk heroes all the time using strategy and skill I have to come up with 15 seconds into my match not 2 months of running the same meta crap build that is boring because heroes are not being balanced that need it.

If you play classic all the time you are missing the best part of the game, skill and strategy. Using meta heroes just means you are all playing the same crap team the same crap way with little to no strategy that isn't the same ol same ol ... Charge heroes drop hembala drop saal play hembala again charge saal hembala again and done. No skill to play that crap, same strategy every time.

Just think about what you said there if you don't understand what I am saying because you contradict yourself ...


Random is a 50% chance(the heroes you get) and 50% skill

... lets just assume you are right even though its far from accurate statement ....


while nnormal is 90% skill and 10% chance

... this is just crazy cause now you need to realize by choosing your deck you aren't adding skill you are removing the 50% chance so reduce the skill by 50% since you chose your build. if anything the truth is if you choose your team you are 10% skill and 40% chance and 50% team like I said. There is a reason why Random awards 2x ELO and 2x XP, and the reason top players play random is because the game is designed in a way that forces the *top players* to either get 0 points or 1-2 points for playing random cause every match we play is against lower ELO opponents. Wouldn't you think *top players* are more skilled since 1 loss can set them back and force them to win 10-12 or more matches considering the 0 point matches they get that can set them back even further. If you just sit and think about it all you should easily be able to understand why classic is playing in *easy* mode for unskilled players and low level players o.O

Random is +50% skill right off the bat because you have to use what you get cause you didn't chose what you got -_-

and still +40% chance and the base 10% making Random 60% skill and classic 10% ;)

Ki343
04-01-2017, 01:36 PM
i play random all the time so i get to play with or against waru sometimes.. usually the person that has waru doesnt use any hero, until you put one out. they use waru to kill that one then. then it goes on with no one using a hero for a while, i usually do normal combos until warus health is low enough for killing it in one hit, works quite well C:
if waru doesnt die, they usually use their other heroes when they think they can kill you and win, if that doesnt work out, they just dont use warus skill anymore. its sitting there waiting until it dies.
just be glad he cant kill himself anymore, at that point he was really useless.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
04-01-2017, 01:38 PM
You do realize that by choosing your team you are actually making it more about heroes and less about skill. Random shows more skill because you have make what you get work and figure out how they work together. If you choose your team, you are not as skilled as someone making the random team work. Classic constructed is 50% team 40% luck and 10% skill at best. I beat constructed teams with some junk heroes all the time using strategy and skill I have to come up with 15 seconds into my match not 2 months of running the same meta crap build that is boring because heroes are not being balanced that need it.

If you play classic all the time you are missing the best part of the game, skill and strategy. Using meta heroes just means you are all playing the same crap team the same crap way with little to no strategy that isn't the same ol same ol ... Charge heroes drop hembala drop saal play hembala again charge saal hembala again and done. No skill to play that crap, same strategy every time.

Just think about what you said there if you don't understand what I am saying because you contradict yourself ...



... lets just assume you are right even though its far from accurate statement ....



... this is just crazy cause now you need to realize by choosing your deck you aren't adding skill you are removing the 50% chance so reduce the skill by 50% since you chose your build. if anything the truth is if you choose your team you are 10% skill and 40% chance and 50% team like I said. There is a reason why Random awards 2x ELO and 2x XP, and the reason top players play random is because the game is designed in a way that forces the *top players* to either get 0 points or 1-2 points for playing random cause every match we play is against lower ELO opponents. Wouldn't you think *top players* are more skilled since 1 loss can set them back and force them to win 10-12 or more matches considering the 0 point matches they get that can set them back even further. If you just sit and think about it all you should easily be able to understand why classic is playing in *easy* mode for unskilled players and low level players o.O

Random is +50% skill right off the bat because you have to use what you get cause you didn't chose what you got -_-

and still +40% chance and the base 10% making Random 60% skill and classic 10% ;)

The reason why I said normal is because you get to know your team therefore you know how to use them, maybe I should rephrase it to the word "strategy"

Meo
04-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Random is a 50% chance(the heroes you get) and 50% skill to win while nnormal is 90% skill and 10% chance(overleveled and ELO points of opponent)

I'm sorry...what now?!

Are you telling me random is full of "unskilled" players? Have you played random and played with the cards you're dealt instead of choosing your ideal hand?

Come on. You cannot seriously mean that. I do agree with you random being 50% chance and 50% skill but constructed is like...90% chance and 10% skill. You don't need skill to play a Hembala, Komeul, Rey team. What you need is luck that Komeul freezes the right hero, enough yellow drop to activate Hembala again, etc.

Us random people need to figure out if it's worth waiting for a hero to come out to use Waru...tank life Sokal last move drop v. waiting until next turn and a possible Hembala gauge drop.

Skunkix
04-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Waru its nice to be cast as first hero or, if you didnt lose yet, last hero(alive). In a few matchs you may use it as last resort and summon him when your heroes are on board, but i won more matchs with enemy killing himself than killing me.


http://i.imgur.com/Q1uG9mJ.jpg







Random is a 50% chance(the heroes you get) and 50% skill to win while nnormal is 90% skill and 10% chance(overleveled and ELO points of opponent)

Wut

Meo
04-01-2017, 10:13 PM
I use Waru if I have heroes out that can take the hit and my opponent has more heroes out but only if I can't win without him.

He basically has equal chance of hitting all heroes. So if you have Waru + another hero and your opponent has 3 heroes out. Mathematically there's only a 25% chance your hero gets hit.

4552252
04-03-2017, 02:03 AM
I had rather use Hiru instead if you ask m to pick between Waru and Hiru




看得懂中文吗哥? [下雨啦模型五天]