PDA

View Full Version : Why does Year poison herself?

Pencil Sketches
04-06-2017, 09:28 PM
If you've used Year in a game, or just looked his/her stats (Bio says him, Abilities say her), you will know about Year's battle cry ability. And you will know why it is a poor design choice. Firstly, can anyone explain why Kobojo would have Year poison herself? Secondly, can anyone think of an in universe reason?

Skunkix
04-06-2017, 09:39 PM
She does that to nerf hersefl. If she would not do that she may posion (An endless and stackeable poison) for ever if well positioned. Also her gauge and her targets(no summoned heroes) its a bit op for a normal hero. Thats why she nerf herself with poison.

Still, Ne-Li may cure her.

Her name is Yar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt-fmgx3Mp4)

Michael Garde
04-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Its not actually that big of a deal. left alone yar takes nearly the length of a game to kill herself anyways and she deals out many attacks in that time.

Pencil Sketches
04-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Thanks! I suppose Uku and Nara also have the poison stack issue, but they are rare and epic respectively meaning that they will at lower levels for longer. I only noticed my tyop about when I stopped by to check for responses. I think that, in universe, because Yar is a tomb raider, not a fighter, she cuts herself going into battle, poisoning herself.

Michael Garde
04-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Yeah those 2 poisoners have their balances. Ukus poison only dealt 3 times and stops and nara can only attack in straight lines.
and in universe I guess yar sacrifices her own health for the greater good

Meo
04-07-2017, 05:00 PM
I don't even know if Yar is a he or a she. Storyline says "he" but battlecry info says "herself".

With that said...I always assumed that the in universe reason for self-poisoning was because during all those tomb raiding missions, s/he was inflicted with a slow-acting poison, s/he doesn't even realize it themselves but once but into battle (with his/her hearts pumping) the poison's effect is accelerated.