PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] Missar and Konil

Ki343
04-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Their description says "Deals damage to the column in front of him, chances of freezing". To me that sounds like they would do damage every time they use the skill. but it seems like whenever they freeze the hero in front, they dont do damage. Is it supposed to be like that?

Skunkix
04-18-2017, 03:48 PM
Missar yes, konil its supossed to hit all times he cast

Knightified
04-18-2017, 04:14 PM
To my understanding...

Missar will freeze OR deal damage, never both.

Konil will deal damage AND potentially freeze.

Michael Garde
04-18-2017, 08:33 PM
My question here is can missar deal double damage or both damage and freezing to heroes that take up more than 1 tile?

Knightified
04-18-2017, 11:49 PM
My question here is can missar deal double damage or both damage and freezing to heroes that take up more than 1 tile?

Still either damage OR freeze I believe.

ProudSpud
04-19-2017, 06:25 AM

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe he can sometimes do damage and freeze on double tile heroes, but he won't deal damage if the hero is already frozen.

What I'm sure of though, is that neither Konil's, nor Missar's freeze are stackable.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
04-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Missar is pretty useless IMO , I think he needs a rework

Skunkix
04-19-2017, 10:20 PM
Missar is good for CC. Two tiles of frezze is great. Thr only bad thing its ice does not stack (i would love to see his ability was permafreeze if allowed by mana). Damage its the booby prizee

Knightified
04-19-2017, 11:47 PM
Missar is good for CC. Two tiles of frezze is great. Thr only bad thing its ice does not stack (i would love to see his ability was permafreeze if allowed by mana). Damage its the booby prizee

Permafreeze would be wayyy OP.

ProudSpud
04-21-2017, 02:39 AM

Maybe just add an extra turn for double tile heroes. Like, one freeze per tile. That way he's not that OP, since it's not stackable.

Ki343
04-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Missar is useless to me the way he is. he takes up two spots, so dies faster too. for me most of the time he doesnt do damage, so heroes that buff damage and heal dont help at all. his freeze doesnt make up for everything. im glad when i dont get him in random battles.

Meo
04-21-2017, 06:42 PM
Missar gets so much hate, I think that's because he's a highly situational hero.

There are a couple of situations where I hope to have him:

Against Pyk/Stortan/Banka (basically any hero people put in the front row and isn't a wall hugger). I've always felt that the try value Missar does not lie in his ability to do damage but his ability to freeze tiles (not heroes) and thus prevent matches/cascades. My experience with Missar is that he will freeze more often than do damage like a ratio of 3:1. So he prevents your opponent from making matches. Him freezing heroes so their death rattle doesn't go off is an added bonus.

But unfortunately, they have made Missar's gauge too high and more often than not he cannot be activated every turn making him a liability. Were Missar's gauge 60 instead of 72 he would be better.

gWorldz
04-22-2017, 01:13 AM
Missar gets so much hate, I think that's because he's a highly situational hero.

There are a couple of situations where I hope to have him:

Against Pyk/Stortan/Banka (basically any hero people put in the front row and isn't a wall hugger). I've always felt that the try value Missar does not lie in his ability to do damage but his ability to freeze tiles (not heroes) and thus prevent matches/cascades. My experience with Missar is that he will freeze more often than do damage like a ratio of 3:1. So he prevents your opponent from making matches. Him freezing heroes so their death rattle doesn't go off is an added bonus.

But unfortunately, they have made Missar's gauge too high and more often than not he cannot be activated every turn making him a liability. Were Missar's gauge 60 instead of 72 he would be better.
I be honest Meo I agree with you for the most part, I often feel the pain from my units being frozen and preventing my cascades more detrimental than damaging or freezing my heroes. If Missar did both Damage and Freeze this would never happen unless the damage was < 5 and then that would be more complaining. I think anything below 69 on his gauge would make him OP

The only change I think balances Missar is the "reduce his health and give it back to him as a battlecry" and I hope they implement it. I'd suggest cutting it in half, though, like so, Missar 8 has 402 HP and no Warcry, this suggestion would reduce his sideboard HP to 201 and once in play add 201 to his health. Pro's, Vernay and other boosters would boost the warcry and increase his health artificially. Cons, Hembala, Koneul, Yar and other heroes that can hit the sideboard can hurt him if you don't get him in play fast. This is the only change I want to see for Missar, I think most other suggestions break him in one way or another ... as far as freezers go I want Konil's activation increased lol I think any freezer that is almost guaranteed to hit and freeze should 65+ but since he destroys the units and doesn't lock the board I would be happy with 60 for him.

ProudSpud
04-22-2017, 05:10 AM
I highly agree with gWorldz in regards to Missar. Being able to activate him too often would kind of break him, and he is not actually useless right now. Konil could use a gauge increase, though. It would be nice to see a change in his health similar to Karg in the past, but I'm not sure if it would make him OP. I mean, Karg is almost a single hit hero, but Missar can affect 2 full columns. Then the commander doesn't recieve full damage for killing him. I don't know, let me know how this would work.

Meo
04-23-2017, 06:58 AM
The reason I think you need to be able to activate Missar more frequently is because:

1. Ineffective against wall huggers. No damage means heroes like Mori/Marrar/Torr/Jasser, etc are just filling up their gauge.

2. I put all my heroes in the back row if opponent has no green/red, and I refuse to line them up. Even if they have green, if they it's not a fast/medium filling green, I put them in the back row. So that means you could freeze Noren/Hembala/etc. but you will have a lack of frozen tiles as your cascade will destroy them. Rendering Missar's disruption tactics useless.

Because Missar's is only useless against a handful of heroes, I want his gauge to be lower so you can least be likely to freeze a hero of your choosing.

gWorldz
04-23-2017, 07:55 AM
The reason I think you need to be able to activate Missar more frequently is because:

1. Ineffective against wall huggers. No damage means heroes like Mori/Marrar/Torr/Jasser, etc are just filling up their gauge.

2. I put all my heroes in the back row if opponent has no green/red, and I refuse to line them up. Even if they have green, if they it's not a fast/medium filling green, I put them in the back row. So that means you could freeze Noren/Hembala/etc. but you will have a lack of frozen tiles as your cascade will destroy them. Rendering Missar's disruption tactics useless.

Because Missar's is only useless against a handful of heroes, I want his gauge to be lower so you can least be likely to freeze a hero of your choosing.

I only use Missar against wall huggers to be honest Meo, its rare I put my Missar in the middle for the reason you mention, I don't want to destroy the frozen tiles. Even if there are no heroes in the 2 lanes Missar freezes thats 12 less tiles they can use to match and cuts their cascade range by 1/3. When that happens to me I'm devastated lol most of my effectiveness lies in cascades not heroes. If you lower Missars gauge and allow3 him to easy charge every turn you make him OP for that reason. Something you not considering Missar almost certainly needs to be destroyed by a hero targeting hero cause the units in front of him are usually frozen or locked and he needs multiple attacks from most hero killers to take him out. We use Missar differently it seems and my use of him and what I fear about him is his freeze not his damage. If its possible to use Missar 1 away from the edge you actually cut your opponent down to half his units for matching and make cascading near impossible.

Missar *can* be much more devastating and useful than a lot of us think and should never be considered useless or a liability even if he had a higher gauge o.O

I just don't want a hero that *can* be used like that already be able to pop every turn cut my units in half for an entire match if I don't have a hero killer o.O

... and with him freezing for 2 turns, you only have to charge him every other turn to keep things frozen so making him charge faster is kinda redundant.

Meo
04-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Basically any freezer is better than Missar. Komeul/Konil/Gwenn (oddly enough they are all epic).

Right now there are 10 heroes that have a higher gauge than him. 10/70 = Top 15% in usefulness/danger? No guarantee of freezing so death rattle might go off. No guarantee of damage, so heroes will be killed? All though I kinda like him, he's truly more of a liability than anything.

I suppose making him with a Karg/Waru battlecry might make him less of a liability. But I'd rather see him with a decrease in gauge.

BTW with a gauge of 60 that means you need to at least semi-concentrate on blue if you want to activate him every turn. That's why I don't think a gauge of 60 is too low. If you have other heroes like Squy/Falkar/Shura/Chasqa, might be better to focus on hero killing those frozen heroes than activating Missar again to maybe freeze those 1 or 2 wall huggers.

Starcrafty
04-30-2017, 05:11 AM
Well... you don't deactivate heros just by freezing them... by limiting the cascades, you effectively halt charging of some or all heros.

I welcome Missar on random, actually... his usefulness outweighs the fact he seldom does damage. A better hero than half of the others out there! ( Yes Kali, I'm talking about you.)