PDA

View Full Version : Live Balance Discussion [Season 16]

gWorldz
04-27-2017, 04:35 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/20zutrs.jpg

This thread is for discussing Season 16's unbalanced heroes and reworking their design to fix the problems. Please post with your ideas, as well as, the problem and include why and how your proposed changes can solve the issues.

When posting please try to be concise and use language we can all understand. Don't use this thread to whine and complain, use it instead to contribute to the conversation and help solve the problems ;)

April 10, 2017

Latest Balance Update: http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?16225-10-04-BALANCE-UPDATE

Note: Lion and Phoenix League players always have their ELO reset back to 1100 at the end of each season.

Gavalos
04-27-2017, 05:50 AM
Sooo tired of seeing Hembala....I've been weening of this game slowly. Its just lacking variety and nerfs/buffs are always too slow and sometimes done incorrectly. Please just atleast nerf the damage of Hemabala's strike or increase his cost +5.

smilesnow
04-27-2017, 07:01 AM
Er finally the live again.. I almost think the Kobojo team has abandoned pg;)

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
04-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Remove Waru's battlecry that way he wouldn't be so scary to kill because it's always you have to place at least 2 heroes to kill him which is a disadvantage

Michael Garde
04-27-2017, 08:18 PM
Yeah warus battle cry should Just ge his full health...
Banks still needs to be fixed
Kishu falkar hembala still dominate especially now with saal added..

Michael Garde
04-27-2017, 08:38 PM
And undo asaros nerf. It was fine as it was

gWorldz
04-28-2017, 05:36 AM
And undo asaros nerf. It was fine as it was

He wasn't nerfed, the description wasn't updated when he was changed but he gets +10 indeed :D
http://i65.tinypic.com/28u5wfs.jpg

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
04-28-2017, 01:12 PM
I still can't believe no one wants a nerf to Krys, his chances of freezing is completely pointless despiting the fact that he is common and easily overleveled, also he does twice the damage compared to Torr, not to mention direct hit to opponent is +25% damage

gWorldz
04-29-2017, 03:21 AM
I still can't believe no one wants a nerf to Krys, his chances of freezing is completely pointless despiting the fact that he is common and easily overleveled, also he does twice the damage compared to Torr, not to mention direct hit to opponent is +25% damage

We already got him nerfed a few times and for the most part we were satisfied with his changes when compared to the old Krys so we stopped complaining ;)

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
04-29-2017, 04:50 AM
We already got him nerfed a few times and for the most part we were satisfied with his changes when compared to the old Krys so we stopped complaining ;)

He gets easily charged up after being played on the board because it just takes another 6 troop activation to charge him back up

ProudSpud
05-01-2017, 01:37 AM
I would really want to see a change in Tali. Either her gauge is too high, or she does little damage. I understand she gets a buff everytime she is resurrected, but at that point you might not want to take her out at all because of her reduced life. The only times I see her as useful are against 2-3 horizontal tile heroes before she gets pushed to the front and becomes near useless.

Its easy to counter her, and she doesn't get to deal that much damage per charge either. I believe something could be done here.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
05-01-2017, 01:49 PM
I want to see a change in Ku Luo, he does too much damage per tile for a cheap gauge hero

Knightified
05-01-2017, 02:28 PM
I want to see a change in Ku Luo, he does too much damage per tile for a cheap gauge hero

Ku Luo does so much damage because he's so situational. When you can only hit 1/2 of the board, it makes sense to make that attack powerful.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
05-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Ku Luo does so much damage because he's so situational. When you can only hit 1/2 of the board, it makes sense to make that attack powerful.

Well according to our human instincts, we like to place heroes at the back of our board

Michael Garde
05-02-2017, 01:26 AM
Well according to our human instincts, we like to place heroes at the back of our board

So what your saying is we shouldn't have heroes that can target areas of the board we like to try and hide heroes? Lmfao!

Meo
05-02-2017, 06:32 PM

Why are you bundling up your heroes in a 3x2 space at the back of the board? Spread them out and you'd be fine. And if you do like clumping your heroes together then it's on you. I once clumped by heroes together to avoid Shi and Erys killed them (that was totally on me)

There is no place safer than the front of the board, the first 2 rows to be exact assuming your opponent is all green and red.

If your opponent is all yellow and blue, there is an entirely different safety matter you need to worry about.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
05-03-2017, 02:04 PM
There is no place safer than the front of the board, the first 2 rows to be exact assuming your opponent is all green and red.

If your opponent is all yellow and blue, there is an entirely different safety matter you need to worry about.

What if opponent has all?

Knightified
05-03-2017, 06:05 PM

It's most likely a team which features Hembala, Ned, Kishu, Saal, or something similar.

hcfielden
05-03-2017, 07:06 PM
He gives way too much health out to the spaces in front of him, has an absurd amount of hit points, and only takes up a single space, so characters that do more damage to heroes that take up more than one space are nowhere near as effective against him. He's literally been used in the past 5 games I've played, along with Mori. Playing against someone using Maarrar and Mori together is not even fun, and nearly every deck uses them nowadays.

gWorldz
05-03-2017, 09:08 PM

Front 2 rows as stated are almost always safe, beyond that once you are experienced from playing, you will start to know what heroes your opponent knows by how fast/slow they charge and/or how your opponent plays or holds them back. Knowing what heroes your opponent has and where they can hit you tells you what areas are safe to play your heroes.

Meo
05-03-2017, 09:20 PM

If they have every colour then I probably assume that they're random, usually constructed teams do not go for a rainbow colour.

Then you just need to see what heros you have and play accordingly. It's less about what your opponent has than what you have really.

He gives way too much health out to the spaces in front of him, has an absurd amount of hit points, and only takes up a single space, so characters that do more damage to heroes that take up more than one space are nowhere near as effective against him. He's literally been used in the past 5 games I've played, along with Mori. Playing against someone using Maarrar and Mori together is not even fun, and nearly every deck uses them nowadays.

They already nerfed him a bit by lowering his health but they also dropped his gauge by 3. =/

There's not much you can do with a constructed team really. Best case scenario is hope that you have have Wan & Xiao/Harron/Horis/Torr. Basically anything that can either (1) drop him to the front, rendering him useless without wasting a move, (2) kill him.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
05-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Front 2 rows as stated are almost always safe, beyond that once you are experienced from playing, you will start to know what heroes your opponent knows by how fast/slow they charge and/or how your opponent plays or holds them back. Knowing what heroes your opponent has and where they can hit you tells you what areas are safe to play your heroes.

Front 2 rows are exposed to healers

gWorldz
05-05-2017, 12:38 AM
Front 2 rows are exposed to healers

Still safest and I recommend the sides lol so only 4 safe squares on the board isn't it wonderful that you just have to use your head and adjust to your enemy...

hehe kidding :blush:

... but that's what I meant when we get experienced in arena we start to realize what we are facing and use different strategies taking advantage of the *variable* safe spots that are determined by what heroes we have and what heroes they face.

Its one of the best parts of Primal Legends, skill and strategy are so much fun to use to win especially when you got the less popular harder to use heroes as part of your random team :D

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
05-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Still safest and I recommend the sides lol so only 4 safe squares on the board isn't it wonderful that you just have to use your head and adjust to your enemy...

hehe kidding :blush:

... but that's what I meant when we get experienced in arena we start to realize what we are facing and use different strategies taking advantage of the *variable* safe spots that are determined by what heroes we have and what heroes they face.

Its one of the best parts of Primal Legends, skill and strategy are so much fun to use to win especially when you got the less popular harder to use heroes as part of your random team :D

If we were to clump up all our heroes together at that "4 safe spot" you mentioned, what is the opponent were to use Erys, in fact Erys can be placed anywhere on the board so that makes him a bigger threat

gWorldz
05-06-2017, 04:17 PM
If we were to clump up all our heroes together at that "4 safe spot" you mentioned, what is the opponent were to use Erys, in fact Erys can be placed anywhere on the board so that makes him a bigger threat

Experience -_-

You keep missing that part, its experience that tells us what heroes our opponent has its experience that tells us what's safe and when that fails us we take a chance and even that placement is decided by experience using an educated guess. Some spaces are safer than others, that's something we should all agree on, there are heroes and strategies that can take advantage of any placement and that what experience is.

I don't clump until I know what heroes I face, one on each side is often my opening move. Erys can hurt but if you play smart you can often get rid of that problem. Erys usually can't destroy heroes unless activated multiple times and if placed to hit the *safe* spots I mentioned its often possible to slide Erys forward out of target range. When you opponent plans ahead and blocks Erys, try to be be prepared with another hero or cascade and destroy that heroes as fas as possible to ... or you know move your heroes out of range o.O

I face opponents that leave their heroes in range of my Erys or other locked in hero quite often or have heroes like Horis, Mandra and other column heroes and they never move their heroes. they could easily win if they had just moved, its just crazy o.O

Post Keywords, Experience, Strategy and even though I didn't use it in this post Skill ;)

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
05-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Experience -_-

You keep missing that part, its experience that tells us what heroes our opponent has its experience that tells us what's safe and when that fails us we take a chance and even that placement is decided by experience using an educated guess. Some spaces are safer than others, that's something we should all agree on, there are heroes and strategies that can take advantage of any placement and that what experience is.

I don't clump until I know what heroes I face, one on each side is often my opening move. Erys can hurt but if you play smart you can often get rid of that problem. Erys usually can't destroy heroes unless activated multiple times and if placed to hit the *safe* spots I mentioned its often possible to slide Erys forward out of target range. When you opponent plans ahead and blocks Erys, try to be be prepared with another hero or cascade and destroy that heroes as fas as possible to ... or you know move your heroes out of range o.O

I face opponents that leave their heroes in range of my Erys or other locked in hero quite often or have heroes like Horis, Mandra and other column heroes and they never move their heroes. they could easily win if they had just moved, its just crazy o.O

Post Keywords, Experience, Strategy and even though I didn't use it in this post Skill ;)

Do you expect me to memorize all of the heroes' gauge to know what heroes the opponent has?? -_-

Michael Garde
05-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Do you expect me to memorize all of the heroes' gauge to know what heroes the opponent has?? -_-

Not really but if you play regularly it's not hard to have an idea of what colour heroes are and whether they have , say, a low, medium or large charge

gWorldz
05-08-2017, 03:08 AM

No, I don't expect you to memorize every heroes gauge but if you don't make an effort to learn at least the ones you fear I *DO EXPECT* you to struggle more than the rest of us with arena matches ...
:O_O:

gWorldz
05-08-2017, 03:13 AM
Season 16 is over, please continue the discussion in Season 17's Live Balance Discussion (http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?16314-Live-Balance-Discussion-Season-17) :blush: