PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] Signs of game abondonment???

Gavalos
04-29-2017, 07:25 AM
Thoughts? Facts? I haven't even them post anything these days from any of their social media pages or main site. It also did take them awhile for them to even patch the last characters.

Skunkix
04-30-2017, 03:02 AM
Its true there is some afk sensation but i believe it may be for some reason.

I hope normal 'movement' back soon.

Still, we continue playing the game, at least you always encounter people on pvp :P

Knightified
04-30-2017, 03:20 AM
Don't worry, the game isn't abandoned. Just a few things happened that's causing this pause. That's all I'm really allowed to say at the moment, so I apologize for not going into more detail.

smilesnow
04-30-2017, 06:03 AM
Don't worry, the game isn't abandoned. Just a few things happened that's causing this pause. That's all I'm really allowed to say at the moment, so I apologize for not going into more detail.Ok then. I was thinking that they are going to push a new game at the moment;) But you could at least tell us is this "a few things" you mentioned good or bad;)

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
04-30-2017, 12:17 PM
If you think PL is dying, take a glimpse of the MGG forums

weXer
05-03-2017, 07:59 AM
As we all really love this game, was wondering what you all think Primal Legends needs to do in order to stay alive longer? I personally think the first mistake they made was devaluing the Gems currency to the point where most experienced spending players are waiting for discounts before buying gems. This is short term thinking in game design world, as it creates spikes but in the long term has a very negative impact on spending. I also think they badly advertise new characters, Facebook and News is not enough. There should be Pop Ups on launch and deals with timers in the main menu, not buried in some shop menu.

Events are weak for experienced players and PvP should of had meaningful awards driven leaderboards from the start.

It's such a shame cause the gameplay is great but the monetisation and marketing of new content is amateur.

What you guys think, where did they go wrong in your opinion?

smilesnow
05-04-2017, 05:55 AM
As we all really love this game, was wondering what you all think Primal Legends needs to do in order to stay alive longer? I personally think the first mistake they made was devaluing the Gems currency to the point where most experienced spending players are waiting for discounts before buying gems. This is short term thinking in game design world, as it creates spikes but in the long term has a very negative impact on spending. I also think they badly advertise new characters, Facebook and News is not enough. There should be Pop Ups on launch and deals with timers in the main menu, not buried in some shop menu.

Events are weak for experienced players and PvP should of had meaningful awards driven leaderboards from the start.

It's such a shame cause the gameplay is great but the monetisation and marketing of new content is amateur.

What you guys think, where did they go wrong in your opinion?

Great insights from the point of view of spenders. I myself is a spender and had hoped a lot for the game. However, accept it or not, I think this what we can get for the rest life cycle of Primal. Presently the dev must have directed their resources to new programs and Primal is no longer under full time development. They have learned quite some experiences in putting forward the Primal and there are also brilliant ideas from player side. The dev may be inclined to implement those experiences in their new programs but not Primal. The consumer base is limited and the revenue is declining. Probably we can get some new characters at major festivals throughout the year, like Xmas for example, but never a new version per month;)

Ki343
05-04-2017, 03:37 PM
I can only talk from my point of view so...

as for the shop, i see no point in spending money for crystals which dont help me much in anything. for example, its 520 crystals for 5 €, 50k Coins for 500 Crystals. 50k seems like a lot at the beginning but later on its upgrading only 2 or 3 heroes..

the event might be nice, but im guessing im not the only super unlucky person, which sees no point in spending crystals or coins(and so also no real money) for events if the result is only trash i dont need. if there was a fixed reward and not just a chance to get something, it would be an other case.
with that said, that also means i wouldnt buy chests in the shop for so many crystals if theres a high chance i dont get anything useful out of it.

theres too much random rewards, not really something to look forward to.

with the quests, i honestly see no point in them, what are they even there for. sure you get random chests but again, chests that could give trash only, beside, the locksmith is full most of the time anyway. since pvp gives chests too. it would be better if quests gave cards instead of chests.

right now the only reason to play this game is pvp and you dont really need to spend money for that if you have some skill and open some chests once in a while.

Gavalos
05-05-2017, 04:56 AM
Pvp is starting to suck as well now. Out of the 20 ranked battles I've played today, I played the same player like 10 times. Once I even played him/her 7 times in a row. Hate losing to thier same team of hem, saal, Ned and couerl over and over and over again. Not like any uses anyone uses other characters anyways so idk why I'm complaining about broken teams since they exist all the time on PL

kalagula
05-05-2017, 09:19 PM
I missed that special of 15k gems for 19.99 a few weeks ago, which was crazy good. Basically, at this point, I'm waiting for it to come back at some point. Buying anything else seems futile in comparison.

Ravandel
05-09-2017, 09:16 AM
I feel the same about game abandonment... Just hardly playing around 20 fights on arena (free Lion, almost no skill needed) and thats all. But I rather need to force myself a bit to do this.

smilesnow
05-09-2017, 02:06 PM
I feel the same about game abandonment... Just hardly playing around 20 fights on arena (free Lion, almost no skill needed) and thats all. But I rather need to force myself a bit to do this.;) Long time no see

weXer
05-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Signs of abandonment have become 'sirens of neglect'!!!

I wonder has the company gone under due to that law suit with Zynga, maybe there was an appeal and they finally have to pay up for Pyramid ville :ohno:

Skunkix
05-09-2017, 10:08 PM

I wonder has the company gone under due to that law suit with Zynga, maybe there was an appeal and they finally have to pay up for Pyramid ville :ohno:

wait what?

Knightified
05-10-2017, 12:33 AM

That was settled outside of court according to this source: http://www.gamingbus.com/2012/10/19/zynga-and-kobojo-settle-copyright-infringement-lawsuit/

weXer
05-10-2017, 07:48 AM
That was settled outside of court according to this source: http://www.gamingbus.com/2012/10/19/zynga-and-kobojo-settle-copyright-infringement-lawsuit/

Ah OK. I guess it's just down to the numbers then, the game is not cheap to create content for, with such detailed characters. Anyway I'm sure they'll announce something shortly.

Jason Tek Chun Sheng
05-10-2017, 10:07 AM

Is that the reason why Kobojo is closing down??

Skunkix
05-10-2017, 12:40 PM

Why do you keep saying that?

Anyways weird about zynga, didnt know kbj had a city game O.o

Gavalos
05-10-2017, 04:54 PM

They're closing down?!?!?!? Source???

Knightified
05-10-2017, 06:34 PM

They're not closing down. I'm not sure where you heard that, but that source is wrong.

Meo
05-10-2017, 08:23 PM

But that happened like 3.5 years ago (in October, 2012).

In that article (if we are to trust it), a settlement was reached. Therefore, there is no appeal.

smilesnow
05-11-2017, 07:21 AM
The truth is I am not worried by the rumors of company closing down or lawsuits. It's just the silence that makes me feel uncomfortable;)

Meo
05-11-2017, 02:28 PM
I hope something is coming soon.

I mean they didn't just recycle the last calendar there's a new one with Don. No more portal either and they've kinda been recycling that as well.

Since there's no sale, I've kinda accumulated some rubies and coin.

But with this silence, I understand why some people are speculating horrible things are coming. It could be the opposite (we never know)

Michael Garde
05-11-2017, 10:06 PM
Also, unless I've missed it, this is the longest period of time I've noticed without any legendarys for sale

weXer
05-17-2017, 07:18 AM
Yep, the company has gone into liquidation. IP might be sold to another party as all company assets getting sold to pay off creditors.
Primal Legends is not 'totally' dead but it's definitely dead for Kobojo which will soon no longer exist

http://www.societe.com/societe/kobojo-500156831.html