PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Rankings and points

Evan Klocinski
10-28-2013, 05:35 AM
I can't be the only person who looked at the rankings and said out loud "WTF" How is it that the top 10 are all under level 40, and even to make it into the top 100 requires more than 2000 points... whats going on? are they cheating, is there some kind of glitch? last tourney I finished 44th, now it would be nearly impossible to even think of getting into the top 100... Something isn't right here... The standings don't pass the sniff test....

Teo Filip
10-28-2013, 04:01 PM
cheater's ... fucking cheater's

Joachim Linke
10-29-2013, 09:19 PM
I do some Tournament since about three seasons. I've got the Shell Shock, the Behemoth and the Supernovus, but rarely even attempted to get higher than "Expert" level as - of course - the fights got a bit tougher.
That said, I feel something drastically changed since last season (10). I did a little break after the beginning of season 10 and with about 5 days remaining thought of doing some tournament to get the expert rank.
I was a bit surprised, to say the least - I expected a bit less tough competition in Veterans bracket.
After season 11 started yesterday, I am worried.
I do have 3 level 20 creatures (one silver) and I am unable to get within the 90% range.
Today a attempted to fight someone with gold mutants across the row and about 6K life each (suppose level 40 or so).
That was a fight to against a enemy who had about the PVP ranking point I had - and I was in the 96% range.

Even giving the fact that with fame level 40 my mutants may not be up to my level, losing about every fight at 90% (~750 points) looks somehow wrong.

Was there a recent change in PvP i did not get or am I one of about 98% PvP players who seem to have level 30 gold mutants and still manage it to keep extreme low rankings (against all odds)?

James Wash
10-29-2013, 11:33 PM
A lot of the higher players sign up immediately, but do no fighting. Their mutants are mostly as high as they can get, so lot's of fighting serves little purpose. They are hoping to be attacked, thusly advancing without bother. Once you break out of the lower ranks, fights are generally easier in the mid ranks until you get to the top 20-25%.

6K hit point gold stars are only level 22-24. I was in the lower part of the top 1% in the last tourny and only saw a few mutants above level 24 (I'm 23lvl), so you're almost there. Level cost upgrades increase around 50% per level, so level 30 would be about 500,000,000. That's good news for lower level players because it means they can pretty much play level catch up due to the high cost of higher levels

Why top rank players are so far ahead minutes after a new tourny starts, you got me. DO NOT be tempted to download any of the supposed game cheats off the web/torrent. These are trojans that will suck you as dry as a mummy.

Joachim Linke
10-30-2013, 08:51 AM
A lot of the higher players sign up immediately, but do no fighting. Their mutants are mostly as high as they can get, so lot's of fighting serves little purpose. They are hoping to be attacked, thusly advancing without bother. Once you break out of the lower ranks, fights are generally easier in the mid ranks until you get to the top 20-25%.

6K hit point gold stars are only level 22-24. I was in the lower part of the top 1% in the last tourny and only saw a few mutants above level 24 (I'm 23lvl), so you're almost there. Level cost upgrades increase around 50% per level, so level 30 would be about 500,000,000. That's good news for lower level players because it means they can pretty much play level catch up due to the high cost of higher levels

Why top rank players are so far ahead minutes after a new tourny starts, you got me. DO NOT be tempted to download any of the supposed game cheats off the web/torrent. These are trojans that will suck you as dry as a mummy.

Thank you. Encouraged by your post I played a bit "Push that reroll button". It costs a lot of credits to change opponents that often, but after all it worked and I am back at "Expert".
Thanks!

Mathieu Poteaux
10-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Had the same questions in my mind about the lower classement so hard to pass (so many lvl 40+ in the last 10% of classment)
Finished the last season in the top 1%, but it was hard ... the funny part is i was the only one in my friends, in the top 100 and in my "classement neighbours" with more than 900 fights (the snd higher i saw was 490 fights)
I've been attacked more than 600 times in the last season O_o
A friend of mine was "expert" while having max 5 attacks per day were i had more than 30 while struggling in "debutants" (i was lvl 30+ she was 20+)
There's something i don't understand :D

Edit : ooh neat, actual 3rd place is a .. lvl 6 player ... with 3k points+ O_o

Juan Aether Blzqz
10-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Back to the point of the topic is quite obvious these guys have been cheating quite a lot

Josh Taylor
10-30-2013, 08:00 PM
You can buy gold mutants. You can buy credits for a better evolution center. You don't need to have a lot of fame, to have the exp for 3 good gold mutants.

That's my guess anyways. I haven't looked into any of their accounts/places though.

Achilleas Philippides
10-30-2013, 11:39 PM
I expect Developer answer about the cheaters subject, since I totally agree with Evan.
Too many cheaters lately !!!

Liam Nielson
10-31-2013, 02:07 AM
I don't know if its cheaters or just players who buy gold mutants and buy credits to level them up. Either way I don't have a chance at beating them :).

James Wash
10-31-2013, 08:23 AM
I don't know if its cheaters or just players who buy gold mutants and buy credits to level them up. Either way I don't have a chance at beating them :).

The developers have deliberately made the non-player strategy in PvP non-optimal. This increases player interest and encourages more player activity. Generally speaking, if the non-player has the same total hits points as the player AND has a tag equal in level of that non-player, the player WITHOUT a tag usually wins if played correctly. That's how it is for me since I have no tags at all. The times that I get hammered in a situation as described, it's usually because I guessed wrong about the mutant types I'd be facing (eg. they are either just a little faster than me or have bonus-strength attacks and I don't)

Alvin Gawat
10-31-2013, 09:36 AM
PVP fights gives fame now right? if so those lv11 or so with 100+ wins is definitely suspicious. since he's at grandmaster thats at least 50 fights. if I fight lv20+ mutant in PVP i get around 300-400 fame thats like 15000 fame, even if he starts at lv 6 he should be atleast lv 20 or so by now, how come he remain at lv11 thats definetely suspicious. Rank 1 with almost 5000 points, winning rate is only 72%