PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Really????

Skorbie
08-19-2017, 12:21 PM
This is beyond a joke. This sgocyve in one day has done over 40 pages of spam, like really? One person is able to attack the forums and nothing is done?
When are we going to have a moderated Celsius Online forum area that we can go to? I'm actually really annoyed at how this forum has gone to nothing but trash. If these people are not stomped on and banned for good, then this just shows that they can get away with and will try to do it again, if and when we have a Celsius Online forum. Not happy Jan.

GaryGusep
08-19-2017, 11:46 PM
I use to moderate a forum a long time back and that forum had also this problem. Even if you ban these spammers, they will till come back. Even if you ban their IP. All forums like this one have this problem.

This would also happen if we move onto a Celsius forum area. Hell, if you go to the Celsius blog forum, that forum is also filled with ads.

I ran an enjin forum, so I don't know if they can do this, but if the admins modify this forum's settings where it will add a time restriction when posting new forum posts, I think it may solve these spam floods.

I think they should add more moderators on this forum too. Only one moderator is only more or less active here.

Skorbie
08-20-2017, 09:12 AM
I use to moderate a forum a long time back and that forum had also this problem. Even if you ban these spammers, they will till come back. Even if you ban their IP. All forums like this one have this problem.

This would also happen if we move onto a Celsius forum area. Hell, if you go to the Celsius blog forum, that forum is also filled with ads.

I ran an enjin forum, so I don't know if they can do this, but if the admins modify this forum's settings where it will add a time restriction when posting new forum posts, I think it may solve these spam floods.

I think they should add more moderators on this forum too. Only one moderator is only more or less active here.

I know that keeping the forums clean from spammers is not an easy job, but this forum, before Kobojo was taken over, was kept pretty well under guard from this kind of thing. This person who has been spamming big time obviously has a lot of time up their sleeves and thinks it's funny. Maybe there should be a time limit set in place so it can slow them down at least. There has to be a better solution other than having more admins. Thanks for your reply Gary ;)