PDA

View Full Version : PVP Balancing

Karl Bateson
11-06-2013, 05:30 PM
There are two points I would like to make regarding the PVP.

First regarding the way matches are arranged and the amount of points you win or loose. As far as I can tell the points for winning or loosing seem to come from the difference in your character level to the opponents, you gain more for defeating a higher level character and loose more for loosing to a lower level character. In principle this seems like a good idea, however there are frequently matches that pit me against a lower level player, often 10 or more levels lower, who then have a number of gold star mutants or have somehow managed to get high level mutants despite their low character level. If I then loose to this player I loose 30 or more points despite all his mutants being higher level than the ones I use. This strikes me as unfair especially as people can buy gold mutants if they choose to spend money on them, which in my opinion unbalances the PVP.

Secondly, in this latest tournament I find the range of opponents offered to me is either far to high or far too low. I am now level 59, but the opponents are always either in their mid level 60's or 70's, or really low level, the current opponent I can fight is level 16. Have you changed something or is it because of my level that this is happening?

Samir Demirovic
11-07-2013, 05:33 PM
I do not have such problems. A few days ago i lost to a level 27 who had the chuck norris gold and two more gold mutants
but thats it... i got matched up with one guy who probably spend so much more money.... well i guess its ok then.
other than that match i pretty mutch win every offensive battle.
im at 32 attacks and 28 deffends right now and i only have 11 loses with 49 winns.
im at level 55 and i beat almost everyone up to level 65 or 70.
i think the key not only for offensive battles but for the deffensive ones too is to have a very fast mutant
and friends that are much higher in level then you are. i have 5 friends around level 90.
so basically every fight i have, i get the first move and with a friends assist, my opponent almost always starts with 1 less mutant^^

Karl Bateson
11-08-2013, 09:52 PM
To be honest I'm loosing patience with the PVP system. I win more than I loose but when I loose I loose double the points I win wiping out the benefit. I just came from 2 attacks, 1 against a guy 3 levels higher, one against a guy 18 levels lower, both I lost as both had 2 gold mutants and 1 silver and all had 6000+ HP so dropped back down to Veteran League. I am at 36 Attacks and only 8 Defences so cant rely on my defence to boost my score.
I dont understand the point deduction when you loose, its nearly always 20 points regardless of level but occasionally its only 5, and it doesn't seem to reflect the lvel of the person im fighting like the reward for winning does, which I think is the wrong way to do it anyway. loosing 20 points for loosing to a far more powerful character and or set of mutants seems harsh.

I do take your point about fast mutants but my best fast mutants are still quite low level and not silver or gold so don't last long in a fight.

Seymour Flux
11-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I guess the pvp shoud be separated from lvl like 6 to 10,11 to 20,21 to 29 and so
That could hold some of the cheaters off,and put more people with better prices,mix people of lvl 27 (not hacker) with lvl 6 hack and lose is a bit unfair,i can easly win with my team of lvl 16 guys against a like lvl 35 guy,or 48 like happend yesterday,but all of us,the good players,are no match for this cheat system

Shawn BM
11-09-2013, 03:15 PM
this is true pvp needs balancing.when someone with higher lvl defeat me i loose -20 but when i win against them i always got 10.Its not fair and how we are supposed to win which are +15 or +20 higher then u?

Robert Patrinjei
11-09-2013, 05:20 PM
they are matching you with pple which have same points range as you and not by lvl.why?when a low lvl defeated you, mean he have a better team.this mean he is a pro or he invested money in a game.investing money=gold on a low lvl.pro also=you studyed everything about game and you can have gold mutants on lvl 30 by doing events.and when a low lvl(10-20 lvls difference) is defeating you(you are 50+) that makes you noob even he invested money in game.this is the pointing system and sorry for my english.its not that great

Shawn BM
11-10-2013, 03:46 AM
they are matching you with pple which have same points range as you and not by lvl.why?when a low lvl defeated you, mean he have a better team.this mean he is a pro or he invested money in a game.investing money=gold on a low lvl.pro also=you studyed everything about game and you can have gold mutants on lvl 30 by doing events.and when a low lvl(10-20 lvls difference) is defeating you(you are 50+) that makes you noob even he invested money in game.this is the pointing system and sorry for my english.its not that great

first ..i m not getting beaten by low levels .Mostly by +10 or +20 levels.
Second...balancing in pvp means ur opponents are +-10 higher/lower than u ...its ok if u loose and win against them but when u loose against +10 level from u ( u got -20 points) and when u revenge on them (u just got +10) ..then whats the point of revenging them if they are still getting more ponts in bot cases.

Pradipto Type-Moon Holic
11-10-2013, 07:42 AM
well this matter really need some balancing, at least they tell how the pvp system point work
for me, yesterday i got -60 from the same ppl, he attack me 3 times and i lose -20 everytime, then i revenge him 3 times also win 2 times just got +10 point each and the third one i lose when revenge him and lose 20 point, that mean i got nothing from revenge him
and how the hell even he attack or def he always get 20 from me, when he have more fame level than me (he 88 me 68), he also have evo center more high than me(he probably lvl 31 cause his 5 speed mutant got 7000 HP and my evo just lvl 25), and he also got more pvp point than me (he 1280++ me 1150+)

Shawn BM
11-10-2013, 01:56 PM
well this matter really need some balancing, at least they tell how the pvp system point work
for me, yesterday i got -60 from the same ppl, he attack me 3 times and i lose -20 everytime, then i revenge him 3 times also win 2 times just got +10 point each and the third one i lose when revenge him and lose 20 point, that mean i got nothing from revenge him
and how the hell even he attack or def he always get 20 from me, when he have more fame level than me (he 88 me 68), he also have evo center more high than me(he probably lvl 31 cause his 5 speed mutant got 7000 HP and my evo just lvl 25), and he also got more pvp point than me (he 1280++ me 1150+)

same here! BRO ..I know that damn feeling :/

Claymore Leinbach
11-11-2013, 12:16 AM
i think the biggest issue is that spam-attacking the same player should offer diminishing returns for rewards. I'm guessing the imbalance in victory points while also having the option to 'revenge' against a player and win against them are meant to encourage an aggressive environment to balance out both the lack of direct pvp and the use of player-assist summons.

Craig Rushton
11-11-2013, 08:17 PM
No more for me, at level 60, i have played against 3 players, a level 8, 48 and 51, all three have got a level gold special mutant, which has cost me 2 of the matches, no way is this a coincidence....fix the cheaters and I may come back

Claymore Leinbach
11-12-2013, 05:13 AM
your complaint doesn't really offer any constructive information for determining errors or faults. Between the events, give-aways, contests and the possibility of oh i dunno, actually spending money on the game, its not farfetched for even a lvl 8 to have a gold-star mutant and since you're not specifying what mutants (only saying "level gold special") I could try to assume they're legendaries or bought-exclusive mutants, but again, you haven't really clarified at all.

Funny thing about this game, saying the 'level' of the player does not indicate power or opportunity — Players are not requires to actually spend all their tickets every day, let alone several times in a day. Having gotten up to lvl 54 myself, I can verify the biggest snag in amassing power is improving the lvl limit on the mutants themselves as it only takes a matter of battles to get a mutant to level but it can takes days, weeks months to continue to amass the millions and millions of currency for continued upgrades. Or jsut a few moments if you're building up gold as players can get some 4-25 a day, albiet anything more than 4 is pretty much up to luck, but its not exactly impossible either.

If a player simply waits out the day and doesn't attack anything or much of anything and mostly focuses on building up money to upgrade several times so their player account isn't gaining experience while their mutants can't level, then the player is going to get much stronger comparatively for their level.

Lower level content and pvp battles in particular have a less-rewarding yield by comparison and if a player picks and choosing their battles, its pretty possible to avoid leveling up the player.

tl;dr this game could be played alot like FF8, esp if someone makes a smurf account and just friends players with powerful if-not aoe-attack assist types while getting a minimum quota of battles/victories to slowly but surely milk more resources and just farm money.

Arlow Brannigan
11-13-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm level 49 and the last two tournaments have been completely ridiculous. I'm constantly matched against players who are way higher in level than me, not to mention way higher in tournament points than me. For example: It matches me up with players level 70 - 150 more than 75% of the time. Most of them are much higher in points than me as well. I'm wasting all my credits trying to choose different opponents closer to my level, trying to maintain my paltry 900 points, getting matched against a level 141 with 1100+ points.

This is clearly an issue, I've wasted over 2M credits just trying to get matched to an opponent near my level. It's not fun, not fair and completely frustrating! I'm at the point of putting this game on the shelf until the PvP matching is a little more intelligent.

Claymore Leinbach
11-13-2013, 08:51 PM
if your opponents constantly dwarf you, then instead of buying a different opponent, send in a team of low monsters (below lvl 5 so they regen quick) and take the loss. I'm not entirely sure what the determining factors are, but it seems to me if the gap is big enough then you'll only lose 5 points rather than the 20 or so from other matches; much easier to make up those occasional 5's then to keep spending money that could be spent getting your mutants stronger.

Scott Bumpke
11-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Claymore you must be somehow connected to the designers. This game lately is nothing but inconsistencies. I have been stuck in a loop in PVP facing either people I have so out matched they are not worth fighting (about 1 out of 10 battles). The rest of the battles are against pretty much the same 9 players that have me so far out gunned I have no chance.

The best way to build is in the PVP you can pick up tokens, a new mutant and stars for breeding with out spending money once you have done the quests at your level.

This game is quickly becoming a waste of time and effort.

Shawn BM
11-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Looks like i m the only one who is facing this problem .:/

Bradford Dawson
11-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Claymore you must be somehow connected to the designers. This game lately is nothing but inconsistencies. I have been stuck in a loop in PVP facing either people I have so out matched they are not worth fighting (about 1 out of 10 battles). The rest of the battles are against pretty much the same 9 players that have me so far out gunned I have no chance.

The best way to build is in the PVP you can pick up tokens, a new mutant and stars for breeding with out spending money once you have done the quests at your level.

This game is quickly becoming a waste of time and effort.

Ugh, no kidding. I think my biggest complaint about the game is that the PVP instantly got this bad right when there's a mutant that, tbh, I want the thing so much that I'd ALMOST be willing to hack and cheat for it. The last three I was in had mutants I didn't care for much. I don't care about ghosts or humanoids. (Okay, Supernovus is kind of cool, I guess, but Crypt Wraith and Mekali are just... meh.) What I like, basically, are animals and monsters, and rats are easily among my top 20 favorite animals, so of coarse I'm going to want a badass rat monster over a generic multi-armed humanoid.

...That's just me complaining, but honestly it used to be easy getting to Expert, now I can't even stay in... oh what am I doing, I've said this how many times? By now people probably get it. "Hey Bradford, shut up! No one cares!"

...On the plus side, I feel like the event's gotten easier for me. Last event I had to spend a LOT of gold just to get the silver star, but this time I didn't have to spend much at all.

Seymour Flux
11-14-2013, 08:39 PM
To tell you guys the truth i guess they had fixed that,im just being attacked by guys like 10 lvls below or higher than me,maybe is just luck but on the last event i was being hunted by lvl 50 people being 27,at least from my view things are a bit nicer now

Dolly Townsend
11-14-2013, 08:59 PM
There are two points I would like to make regarding the PVP.

First regarding the way matches are arranged and the amount of points you win or loose. As far as I can tell the points for winning or loosing seem to come from the difference in your character level to the opponents, you gain more for defeating a higher level character and loose more for loosing to a lower level character. In principle this seems like a good idea, however there are frequently matches that pit me against a lower level player, often 10 or more levels lower, who then have a number of gold star mutants or have somehow managed to get high level mutants despite their low character level. If I then loose to this player I loose 30 or more points despite all his mutants being higher level than the ones I use. This strikes me as unfair especially as people can buy gold mutants if they choose to spend money on them, which in my opinion unbalances the PVP.

Secondly, in this latest tournament I find the range of opponents offered to me is either far to high or far too low. I am now level 59, but the opponents are always either in their mid level 60's or 70's, or really low level, the current opponent I can fight is level 16. Have you changed something or is it because of my level that this is happening?

I agree. I am level 30 and the last time I went it, it matched me with a level 50.

Shawn BM
11-15-2013, 02:11 PM
To tell you guys the truth i guess they had fixed that,im just being attacked by guys like 10 lvls below or higher than me,maybe is just luck but on the last event i was being hunted by lvl 50 people being 27,at least from my view things are a bit nicer now

No sir...not yet!I can tell this after looking at my opponents level :)

Claymore Leinbach
11-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Claymore you must be somehow connected to the designers. This game lately is nothing but inconsistencies. I have been stuck in a loop in PVP facing either people I have so out matched they are not worth fighting

I am not, and I see plenty of the same frustrations outlined here in the forums. I have my screenshots of pvp matchups against players that have double my level, an excess of 200 point differences over me, times of getting 5 points for a hard victory, losing 40 points for a ridiculous loss (and then some) and i have my times where I have been pissed at the game's rng and given up for days or weeks on end.

However, I have had quite a bit of experience in many games like this one and in many cases, I feel that some of the complaints or frustrations that come with games that include matchmaking systems and various other means to compete for in-game rewards can be alleviated with perspective and patience. So I try to seek to offset some of my own frustrations by taking a moment to reflect and give things another go. And perhaps in communicating back and forth with other players, there can be some common-grounds found to help create suggestions that might balance out or address common frustrations and make a catchy game-concept interesting.

However, some of my perspective is based on the success I've had in previous pvp tournies here where I could commit to suicide-losing matches and make up the volume with winnable matches using my small collection of breed golds and player-assists attacks. By intentionally losing some matches, I drop in value so the occasional defensive victory offers some of the greatest reward points I need; esp given that the trends and frustrations for pvp in this game are particular to the first week of each session. Some players will reach their desired threshold and stop actively seeking to attack, others outright give up or at least stop renewing their defenses so they become prime targets to hit; others have a limited number of defensive assists and once they run out, their lose could provide more points to offset any lost in attacking.

In previous tourney's i've been particular to simply attacking with weak mutants when I suspect I wont lose so I intentionally lose points and fall down the ranks so I can spike back up as the demands of the pvp drop; the pvp game doesn't care about your rank or position until the very end of the session. However, it does seem like the point-calculation systsem AND the reactor token rewards have forced a shift in the pvp meta — any time a semi-competative game has a forced meta-shift this is going to upset players.

And my particular perspective at the moment is to simply ride the wave with a bit of patience; esp for the people that only want a specific mutant reward, that well, will probably just be offers up in the pve events soon anyway. So not as much sense imo to work get overly frustrated over when most of the current problems just need a bit of patience if the rest of the game is decent enough or at least looks like its attempting to improve.

If nothing else, have a gamer-community that is willing to take some time to objectively define their frustrations and voice them coherently can go a long way to seeing a game improve accordingly. It's one thing to see/hear/express that there is a problem, is another to figure out a workable solution XD

Boris Pankov
11-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Ok here's a few things on how matchmaking works. This is taken from other threads where either people have confirmed a lot of it or from supposed dev commentaries.

You are matched based on only one factor and that is your current score. As for how many points you gain or lose that is determined by the difference in EVO CHAMBER level, not character (fame) level. So if you are at lvl 40 and have an evo chamber at lvl 20 and you fight someone lvl 70 with an evo chamber of lvl 20 you'll be on even grounds (I think that's 10 points for loss/win or so). So character level doesnt matter. If you're getting matched against a much higher/lower level players that's because they are currently at a similar arena score as you.

This is how it's stated things SHOULD work. I personally have seen certain cases which dont make sense, for example fighting an enemy of obviously lower level but much higher score at the begining of the tournament (I had locked onto him a couple of days earlier and got to fighting him later on when his score had improved) and I scored over 100 points for that win, so I think score also has an effect on gains/lossess.

The biggest problem currently at the PvP is the hacking that has been going on over the past few arena seasons. If you look at the top players they are all extremely low levels with unbelieveable scores. People have reported that they seem to be using a hack which grants an auto win when they target someone because when people do revenge against them they see a low level team of basic mutants (zombie/warrior/robot).

Shawn BM
11-16-2013, 06:15 PM
Ok here's a few things on how matchmaking works. This is taken from other threads where either people have confirmed a lot of it or from supposed dev commentaries.

You are matched based on only one factor and that is your current score. As for how many points you gain or lose that is determined by the difference in EVO CHAMBER level, not character (fame) level. So if you are at lvl 40 and have an evo chamber at lvl 20 and you fight someone lvl 70 with an evo chamber of lvl 20 you'll be on even grounds (I think that's 10 points for loss/win or so). So character level doesnt matter. If you're getting matched against a much higher/lower level players that's because they are currently at a similar arena score as you.

If my score is 900..then why am i getting matched to people having score 1000 -1200?
PVP was working fine till season 10 after that it just messed up .

Boris Pankov
11-16-2013, 07:24 PM
If my score is 900..then why am i getting matched to people having score 1000 -1200?
PVP was working fine till season 10 after that it just messed up .

Well it depends. Are you getting new opponents everytime and you're saying the difference in rank is 100-200 points? Because that never happens to me. we're always maximum of 20 points apart from the people I get to fight. Now if you're doing revenge that's a difference thing. Or if you lock on an opponent and wait a while before attacking your relative scores can change in the meantime.

Shawn BM
11-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Well it depends. Are you getting new opponents everytime and you're saying the difference in rank is 100-200 points? Because that never happens to me. we're always maximum of 20 points apart from the people I get to fight. Now if you're doing revenge that's a difference thing. Or if you lock on an opponent and wait a while before attacking your relative scores can change in the meantime.
Well ofc i m getting new opponents ..its rare to see the same opponent.
see the difference is not just 20.this is the first guy that i fought today and other 3 was also lying in same points .
I told u pvp is just messed up after season 10 ....just bcz of damn cheaters >.< .

Ryan Summers
11-22-2013, 01:01 PM
This new PVP season is killing me. Couldn't we just fight people within like 10 levels of us?

Arnvald Brynjolfson
11-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm level 49 and the last two tournaments have been completely ridiculous. I'm constantly matched against players who are way higher in level than me, not to mention way higher in tournament points than me. For example: It matches me up with players level 70 - 150 more than 75% of the time. Most of them are much higher in points than me as well. I'm wasting all my credits trying to choose different opponents closer to my level, trying to maintain my paltry 900 points, getting matched against a level 141 with 1100+ points.

This is clearly an issue, I've wasted over 2M credits just trying to get matched to an opponent near my level. It's not fun, not fair and completely frustrating! I'm at the point of putting this game on the shelf until the PvP matching is a little more intelligent.

I have the exact same problem, forced to fight people who are twice my level, only to win 10 points and lose 20 if I ever, by sheer luck, manage to win against them. The last 2 or 3 PvP Seasons have been horrible : when you get to climb a little after spending millions to face opponents of your level, you end up way lower than where you started because you got attacked by lvl 100+ people in the meantime.

Arnvald Brynjolfson
11-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Here is what happened to me this morning : http://i.imgur.com/l4nXVjO.png

Lol. Balanced, right ?

http://i.imgur.com/jzQWQse.png

White Saber
11-23-2013, 11:22 AM
hmm.. from your pic, It doesn't mean he used the same mutants as the defense team.. probably, after seeing your fame level he predicted your level of mutants then try use his mutants as low as your mutants... so when you got beat... huge point loss is in the way... and I think it's not "imbalanced".. I think it's just back to your planning... and face it, in strategy games.. you can't always play fair.. you need tricks... a legal one of course

Arnvald Brynjolfson
11-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Then why should I lose this much if he used mutants around the same level as mine ? He still has more points, has a higher level evolution center, and is higher level compared to me (more than 3 times my level). And why did I lose only 5 points against someone with the same level as mine ?

White Saber
11-25-2013, 06:07 AM
well, you can try ask the guy himself.. rather than keep making assumptions that was very questionable.. then i guess you'll understand on how he stole that quite much points

Christian Uomo
11-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Mi avete bloccato per 48 ore senza motivo alcuno e solo perche' dei bimbi minchia segnalano, io non uso programmi di terze parti e inoltre ho pagato per comprare dell' oro, nonostante il blocco nel torneo sono stato attaccato e ho quindi perso punti e da oro sono sceso ad argento siete una vergogna che nemmeno rispondete alle richieste di supporto e per tanto denuncero' la situazione all' associazione consumatori e mi dovrete ridare fino all' ultimo euro speso.

Mulyadi Cahyono
11-25-2013, 10:32 AM
From my observation, you will be given an opponent who got event point (not lvl) similar to yours, doesn't matter if their level is much higher or much lower. that's why in the first day of pvp event, you're going to get wilder kind of opponent (either much lower or much higher lvl) depending on your luck, coz you'll all start at 800 points whatever your lvl is.

Adrian del Pozo
11-25-2013, 11:15 AM
the fame lvl has nothing to say in tournaments, all of us begin in not ranked, and the points we earn (depend the position of the psy that we win +-20) give us the "tournament lvl"

a lvl 6 walletwarrior can defeat a lvl 50 in 1 turn

the fame lvl is only for you, and for estimated strenght

if a lower tournament lvl defeat you, you lose +-20 points, if you defeat a higher tournament lvl, you win +-20 points

if a higher tournament lvl defeat you (by revenge obvious) you lose +-10 points, the same if you revenge a lower tournament lvl

the same if you fight with a higher tournament lvl and you lose, you lose +-10 points, and if he revenge and you lose again, you lose other +-10, but if you win in his revenge, you win +-20

I didnīt see what is wrong here