PDA

View Full Version : New player wanting to keep a great game fair for everyone.

Adam Guzman
05-28-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm new to this type of gaming so naive may be a better word. The game has become immediately addictive especially since I'm very competitive. I understand the concept of "pay to play" which really isn't any different from spending $60 on a console game or dropping even more than that on the larger online gaming universe. I've only been playing for a couple of weeks so I've only invested about $8 - $10 with the intention of spending more. My concern is, I'm calculating the math for leveling up which at first doesn't seem to unrealistic but then when I see a level 132 player I start thinking how much did that cost since I assumed the levels to go that high. Then I start to do some research and I start to find dozens and dozens of websites dedicated to hacking these types of games. Being naive I didn't think that was possible but now I'm starting to have second thoughts about spending anymore of my hard earned money on a game that can be manipulated to those who lie, cheat and steal to win, thus removing any implied "fairness" of the game to those who enjoy spending the time to make game improvements. I guess the short of it is, how can this cheating be eliminated so that I can have a peace off mind knowing that the $20/month I'm spending doesn't have a chance against a cheating hacker? Maybe that's just life in a nutshell....

Thank you for any info you can share.
Adam

Stalker Steve
05-28-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm new to this type of gaming so naive may be a better word. The game has become immediately addictive especially since I'm very competitive. I understand the concept of "pay to play" which really isn't any different from spending $60 on a console game or dropping even more than that on the larger online gaming universe. I've only been playing for a couple of weeks so I've only invested about $8 - $10 with the intention of spending more. My concern is, I'm calculating the math for leveling up which at first doesn't seem to unrealistic but then when I see a level 132 player I start thinking how much did that cost since I assumed the levels to go that high. Then I start to do some research and I start to find dozens and dozens of websites dedicated to hacking these types of games. Being naive I didn't think that was possible but now I'm starting to have second thoughts about spending anymore of my hard earned money on a game that can be manipulated to those who lie, cheat and steal to win, thus removing any implied "fairness" of the game to those who enjoy spending the time to make game improvements. I guess the short of it is, how can this cheating be eliminated so that I can have a peace off mind knowing that the $20/month I'm spending doesn't have a chance against a cheating hacker? Maybe that's just life in a nutshell....

Thank you for any info you can share.
Adam

Im level 151 and i have not spent any money on this game but i have been playing for over 1 year now and the more battle you have the easier it is to increase your player level. The level of the player is not important in this game but the level of your Evo centre determines up to what level you can upgrade your mutants.

If your player is level 60 but your evo centre is level 45 you can only upgrade your mutants to level 45. There are many players above player level 100 but their evo level is only level 30 and that is due the cost of upgrading the evo centre, so in a pvp battle against that type of player, you should easily win

Hacking is a issue in everything intenet related so im sure it happens but thankfully its not something that i have experienced in this game.

James Wash
05-28-2014, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=Adam Guzman;12198]
[QUOTE=Adam Guzman;12198]

I'm a free player and what cheating there is hasn't affected me. Firstly, many of the cheating programs are trojans. Anyone installing them gets the usual: botted, identity theft, keylogged, etc.

That said, the PvP game's best bonus is if you reach the top 1%. I normally do. If cheating was common here, that would be impossible since the cheaters would crowd out the non-cheaters from the top.

Now the bad and the good of this game. My EVO is at level 32 (see previous poster for details). This allows me to be at the top rung of PvP without any tags (friends helping). With friends, you can be EVO 29-30 for the same result. Recently, the 1 billion and 100 million prizes were removed from the "Campaign" arena. This makes it very tough to get to my EVO level since the 1 billion allowed me to buy my way from EVO 26 to EVO 30 immediately. There's been _many_ complaints about that however, so financial considerations may bring them back. Until then, only gold will do. So how much?

Level to EVO 32 to 33 would cost 4470 gold. there are regular sales. however, that cut that by 50%. Every EVO level costs 1 1/2 times more than the last one. You can get to around EVO 25 now without using gold,

Recently, they've had gold sales every month or so: for a couple of dollars, you get some. Those sales are MUCH better than any discounts in the regular gold markets. So my advice: sign up, don't spend any cash at the start since you can advance with just the gold and credits you earn in the game. At the start, only spend gold on expanding "rooftop" areas since those areas store mutants which generate credits which you use to raise your EVO.

Adam Guzman
05-29-2014, 05:46 AM
Thank you for taking the time to reply. The explanations helped to clarify some misunderstandings and other than the "Evo" issue, I feel that whether I spend a few dollars or go the long route the game seems to maintain it's integrity. And of course no disrespect or accusations were implied. Thanks again for the info!

Adam