PDA

View Full Version : PvP vs People who don't have money to blow

James Best
05-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Honestly this crap is very unfair. Nearly every single PvP match I have played lately has ended with me going against someone that has at least 12 Evo Center levels over mine and had at least 3 gold mutants. I am starting to see a pattern Kobojo. You initially create a game that is awesome, but in the end just cater to those who have deep pockets? You need to spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade the Evo Centers and it is because of this, your F2P people cannot win. So if you are only going to cater those with deep pockets, this game will definitely implode soon. I invested some money into the game initially because I found it fun, but as I play it, I start seeing that it is pointless if I cannot level my mutants. So in the end it becomes MONEY vs POOR. The person with the most money to burn will be the winner, or those who were lucky enough to see the billion credits. As it stands now, your free to play people are being singled out, and I will tell you NOW, your game will not last like this.

John MacDonald
06-02-2014, 06:22 PM
What level are you and what level is your EVO?

If you're facing people who are level 32+ and you're level 100+ with a 20 Evo center, then we'd have some advice for you compared to if you're facing level 42+ people.

James Best
06-03-2014, 01:59 AM
I am level 36 with a Evo Center of level 20. Took me about a month to level it from 19 to 20. Cannot progress any further on things or get anything better than a silver mutant, without spending tons of real money. Pvp used to be balanced enough to where I would at least be able to get the mutant. Now I cannot even reach that. I keep going against people who have gold mutants and higher levels. Sorry some of us don't have real money to blow on this game. And from what i have seen, it would take no less than 50 bucks to level my Evo Center one level.

Davin Po
06-05-2014, 06:45 PM
There have been studies done on F2P/P2W games. They do, in fact, cater to people with deep pockets, roughly 7% of their users that actually pay for the game. The rest of us are merely fodder to get slapped around by their level 99 teams, so they can feel good about themselves.

And yet, I enjoy my li'l monsters~ I should take a few screenshots of them.

James Wash
06-05-2014, 09:24 PM
There have been studies done on F2P/P2W games. They do, in fact, cater to people with deep pockets, roughly 7% of their users that actually pay for the game. The rest of us are merely fodder to get slapped around by their level 99 teams, so they can feel good about themselves.

And yet, I enjoy my li'l monsters~ I should take a few screenshots of them.

Let's assume they decide to grab a brain. Here's the formula to maximize profits:

1.) The 7% pay up and are ahead. They are happy.
2.) Offer free stuff that cause the free players to catch the 7%ers. Now the free players are happy
3.) The 7% pay more or they don't stay ahead. Now they're happy again
4.) Repeat 2, then 3, then 2, then 3, endlessly. Happiness all around.

How tough is that?

John MacDonald
06-06-2014, 11:30 AM
If 7 % of players will pay for the game, then that means that there's still room for the best of the non-players to get the 10% mutant, anyway. 3% of the playerbase, in fact, assuming that 100% of the paying player base make it in the top 10%.

I'll admit - I paid. I like to pay whatever I'd pay for a similar game based on hours of enjoyment to play. In this case, I picked up a gold Thor when I first started playing and it resulted in my gaming experience being completely separate to yours. Heck - I've bred my 4th Gold Mutant already and I'm only level 36 with a level 20 EVO center.

And I have more Gold Stars to breed. You don't need to invest a lot. Just spend what you would on a night out at the movies and your experience will wildly change.

Santas Marskus
06-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Let's assume they decide to grab a brain. Here's the formula to maximize profits:

1.) The 7% pay up and are ahead. They are happy.
2.) Offer free stuff that cause the free players to catch the 7%ers. Now the free players are happy
3.) The 7% pay more or they don't stay ahead. Now they're happy again
4.) Repeat 2, then 3, then 2, then 3, endlessly. Happiness all around.

How tough is that?

thats quite smart actually. You, Sir, should go to Wallstreet :)

James Best
06-20-2014, 05:33 PM
This game used to be fun and now its more about what they put on the shop. So tired of awesome games going to crap because dev's want to nickel and dime games to death. Here lately I don't have a desire to play because so many things are broken and Kobojo just don't care.