PDA

View Full Version : Kobojo & game changes (I've seen this before)

Jason Miltenberger
06-20-2014, 04:27 AM
Ok....so even though I have only been here a bit less than a month, I can see that there are quite a few changes to the game that "older" players are having a hard time coping with (removal of billion, etc).

Now, I've been around the block, so to speak. Lots of gaming experience here.

I will give my opinion about what I am seeing happenig and why it was a necessary evil (though from the playerbase feelings, poorly implemented and poorly communicated).

I believe that the push toward gold "benefits" isn't wholly driven by the desire of "greed".

The removal of significant credit rewards is also not a decision completely made to generate gold sales.

What I see happening is this: the changes to the credits and shift toward more gold oriented benefits are meant to slow the pace of the player growth down.

Having just bought my 24th evolution level at a cost of nearly 20,000,000 credits, I can only imagine how massive a benefit the 1-billion reward would buy me not only in terms of evolution strength, but in variety of mutants too.

Changing the credit rewards to jackpot tokens slows the players power growth significantly (unless you get lots of gold, credits, or a jackpot).

Removal of big crdit rewards forces players to "farm" significantly longer and make hard decisions about what to spend credits on-- do I spend 20mil to up my evo center or do I buy the sentry?

The shift to more mutants purchased with gold also slows the game, at least for those people who so not have the extra funds to spend on gold. Those people won't be as affected by this "slowing"...but they are just a small % of the population anyways.

The reason that the game needs to slow is so that it can....how do I put it...
so that the majority of players actually have goals to work towards and can't just "power level" through everything (especially not without much of an investment).

As fun as it may be to hit tons of evolution levels in a short time and have gold everything within a couple weeks....its not healthy for the game because where do you go from there? What is there to hold your interest once you have maxed out your mutants in a month?

A slower progressing game structure should have been in place from the start, and what I see happening is that they are trying to correct that course.

Take for instance the Japan PVE event. As people have noticed, the mid-range opponents have gotten significantly harder. Now, you can't be evo 19 and advance through all the stages relatively easily....and truth be told....it never should have been that easy to begin with.

Unfortunately, all the changes and reasons for said changes aren't being communicated well (if at all).

If there is one thing that a passionate playerbase wants above all else it is communication with the game developers and to know the reasons why things are the way they are.

I see a lot of passion from the players that are here....and Kobojo would be well served to do more communicating about upcoming changes--even if they are just "experiments" (removing the gold star from PVP comes to mind).

So...that is my two-cents on the changes and what I think Kobojo is trying to do, but not communicating well enough about.

Jason Miltenberger
06-20-2014, 05:12 AM
That being said....

I do think that the cost of *everything* does need to come down some....credit stuff, gold stuff....you name it, I believe much of it is overpriced.

Having too high of a price on items hurts the game just as much as having too high of rewards.

If people don't feel that there is a "fair" balance in the cost vs. rewards, they will quickly lose interest and stop playing.

I think the balance is too far into the "expensive" category right now and needs to be scaled back.

Andrew Wang
06-20-2014, 05:44 PM
If what u said happen to be the intention of the game developer than I have nothing to against it. However, with the removal of the rewards, the campaigns remain pretty hard. Players would hit bottleneck with only grind and or spend gold. Whereas before there is a clear method and intention for campaign. You started off levelling up ur evo centre. It will only get u to a certain degree of success until u realized that u need to breed with stars. Once u do that, u will progress at a constant speed. All the rewards were design to do so. Pve and pvp in my opinion were the end game goal not the campaign.
Given how u said ur evo cener is at 24, I believe the next jump will be at 3x mill and then 66mill. With jackpot or compound credit that will still take months to get to. Even if u r looking to spend gold and buy at promo price that's still around 10-20 for an evo level. For someone like u who r finishing the last difficulty of campaigns and have obtain gold mutants already. Higher evo centre level is the only way to do so.
Keep in mind that these campaign in my understanding should be serve as an intro. They serve the purpose of letting players understand the gamplay. If u found players power through them, then raise the monsters' difficulty. Set the tag teammate's level cap so that u can tag a 3xx level friend if u r 40. So many ways to do it and they choose to just remove it without further balancing. That does make people wonder about their intention. Now that u removed 1 bill, u have set a gap between old n new world. N now u r in pvp the supposed to be end game n u r fighting with players from old world with clear power distinction it does piss u off doesn't it.
If what u said is tru, then pumping monster difficulty like japan event seems more reasonable than removing the reward. Resetting monsters power is called balancing. Setting players level gap is call unbalancing. Either play the game 2 years more than the old player(based on the full rooftop daily income) or pay gold to catch up. That's the message that I receive from them.
I say all these not because I am hurt from all these changes though. I can now wait for all the new players to come in and farm on them for pvp points. Just hoping to put some perspective to the developers so that they would make better decision.

Randy Hoge
06-21-2014, 02:06 PM
You can't please everyone so leave the game alone.Everyone has to start somewhere and we all were little when we started.
let small mutants whine we all had to go through same thing they are going through.
You keep messing game up with all these changes and I know a lot of us are going to leave this game and find another game to play.
Put the game back how it was and let people do there whining!!!!!!!

Ruth Bundick
06-21-2014, 03:14 PM
You submitted this request
Status
Solved
Assigned to
Kobojo Support
Language
English
Game
Mutants Genetic Gladiators
What platform are you having the issue on?
PC - Facebook
Mobile Device (If applicable)
-
Web Browser
Chrome
Category
Gameplay

YOU STINK
User_avatar
Ruth 12 June 2014 06:38
I came here from Super Hero City I have spent a lot of money and well you took the Billion away 7 fights I was 7 fights away!!!! I am now stuck at Evo center 28 because of this. I can not beat people that started before me because they got to the billion. I am so close to quitting the Reactors are a joke it took me well over 20 times to just get Mr Marvelous. Then I did Japan well it took forever to get Ivory Hanzo. I want my Evo higher but can not even afford it at 50% off we will fix this heard that crap for 2 months now!!!!! This game has become boring we have to fight PVP because you took away our Campaign Passes and we can't afford to waste any credits to buy them or we will never get to the next Evo Center. I will not spend another dime on this game and if you do not get your heads out of your BUTTS and put the game back the way it was and put the people that got the stupid reactor tokens to at least Evo 30 you can kiss my Credit Card goodbye I will not pack your pockets full of money and then have you pull an EA Games on me again also my husband will not spend a penny either so hope you listen or we will be gone from the game in 2 weeks.

User_avatar
Ruth 13 June 2014 09:08
I do not like to be ignored no comments ticks me off. You have been busy adding Steampunk and mystery offers but I the customer is pushed to the side so you can make more money. You do not care and 13 days more and I won't either as I will quit and block your dang game.

User_avatar
Ruth 13 June 2014 14:57
My email is XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kobojo_square_75x75
Kobojo Support Last Monday at 06:47
Hi Ruth,

firstly my apologies for the delay in responding to your ticket.

We are continuing to work on the changes to the Evo Centre pricing, we made an initial first change to cap the price at lvl 35, the next goal is a full rebalance of prices, this will of course take a little longer but it is still ongoing. In the mean time we are doing the Evo centre sales you have seen to help players during this time.

I will pass on this feedback but I can assure you the team is fully aware and working on the situation

As previously discussed on the fanpage and forums, these changes were required as part of the ongoing improvements to the game.

----------------------

Thanks,
The Kobojo Support Team

Discover our games on Facebook and join the community for latest news and amazing free gifts:

https://www.facebook.com/Mutants.Genetic.Gladiators
https://www.facebook.com/AtlantisFantasyEN
https://www.facebook.com/PyramidValleyEN

User_avatar
Ruth Last Tuesday at 08:12
All this time for a reply and I get screwed without lube!!!! The Evo sales are a Joke I have to have 112 million at 50% off I only have 87 million so far. Also you throw a Gold Mutant in the store I can not use credits to buy or I will never have enough when you do a 50% sale. I am also hearing the same crud every time anyone comes to you about the Evo center we are working on it BS you are working on taking our money that is all you care about. 9 days left as I said this better change or we my husband and I are gone and there goes another customer from SHC we have been snowed before so we are not dumb and blind. I also feel that if we have a gold star on a mutant and want to sell it back as it has given us yet another something we did not want for correct parent breeding then we should at least get our star back. My husband has tried for the Gold Terror doll 4 times and all 4 times it has not been a Terror Doll. Why would I want to play any other of your games you can not even do simple tasks in Mutants like cut the damn cost in half on the upgrade of the EVO center I can not even get to level 29 so the cap at 35 is a slap in my face. 9 Days and this game will be gone I feel along with the 2 months you have had to do the so called fixing this is FAIR what you are doing is not fair. Waiting to hear what snow job I get this time!!!!!!!!

Kobojo_square_75x75
Kobojo Support Last Wednesday at 04:21
Hi Ruth,

AS i have stated previously the team is working on this, unfortunately until we have more news I am unable to provide you with any more information regarding the situation. Fro mspeakign with other SHC converts I understand the problems you had and can appreciate your concerns but I can only reiterate that Mutants is growing and we have much planned to keep that growth growing so we forsee a strong future for mutants.

----------------------

Thanks,
The Kobojo Support Team

Discover our games on Facebook and join the community for latest news and amazing free gifts:

https://www.facebook.com/Mutants.Genetic.Gladiators
https://www.facebook.com/AtlantisFantasyEN
https://www.facebook.com/PyramidValleyEN

MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT FIRST PART WHERE THEY MARKED IT SOLVED!!!!!! REALLY I WAS NOT SATISFIED BUT THEY DON"T CARE 3 Days and I am out!!!

James Wash
06-21-2014, 06:51 PM
That being said....

I do think that the cost of *everything* does need to come down some....credit stuff, gold stuff....you name it, I believe much of it is overpriced.

Having too high of a price on items hurts the game just as much as having too high of rewards.

If people don't feel that there is a "fair" balance in the cost vs. rewards, they will quickly lose interest and stop playing.

I think the balance is too far into the "expensive" category right now and needs to be scaled back.

I can tell you that while it's gotten harder for the lower levels, the upper levels have gotten easier.

I attribute the weaknesses in this game to man's inherent limitations. Everyone's good at some things, bad at others and "gets by" with the rest. This game is in a "gets by" stage. The people running it are at a point where major improvements exceed their abilities. This is not to say that they don't possess ability; it's just that their abilities lie in areas unconnected with improving this game.

They're probably formulating a backup plan; one that attempts to "work around" the skill-set they lack. So far, however, failure. This could be because they lack skills in "work-around" For example, a "decision tree" divides a goal into small steps. The final goal in their tree is "make money". What the intermediate steps are, they don't really know.

So, we're observing a play. It's about a guy with a broken leg who doesn't know how to construct a pair of crutches. He's really hungry, but the refrigerator is far away. He starts crawling. It's a slow crawl. Will he make it before he starves to death?

Ruth Bundick
06-21-2014, 07:15 PM
I can tell you that while it's gotten harder for the lower levels, the upper levels have gotten easier.

I attribute the weaknesses in this game to man's inherent limitations. Everyone's good at some things, bad at others and "gets by" with the rest. This game is in a "gets by" stage. The people running it are at a point where major improvements exceed their abilities. This is not to say that they don't possess ability; it's just that their abilities lie in areas unconnected with improving this game.

They're probably formulating a backup plan; one that attempts to "work around" the skill-set they lack. So far, however, failure. This could be because they lack skills in "work-around" For example, a "decision tree" divides a goal into small steps. The final goal in their tree is "make money". What the intermediate steps are, they don't really know.

So, we're observing a play. It's about a guy with a broken leg who doesn't know how to construct a pair of crutches. He's really hungry, but the refrigerator is far away. He starts crawling. It's a slow crawl. Will he make it before he starves to death?

I am not going to stick around for a year letting them take my hard earned money I am out 3 more days is all they have and then I am gone along with my husband~!

Alaric Viola
06-21-2014, 10:53 PM
I managed to get the 1 billion in a couple weeks through power leveling. A bunch of my friends joined as well but fell just short of the mark before it was suddenly taken away. I also came from Super Hero City and am the guy who named the Zena mutant. I have spent a decent amount while I played. I quit not too long ago. I went to Zygna Poker. Even though I already achieved the higher end goals, I stopped playing because my friends who joined stopped having fun. Part of my enjoyment is all the excitement my friends have. Without that,.......... the game kinda sucks. I'll be back when my friends say the game is fun for them again........... maybe............. if I haven't grown out of it before then.

Jackie Sheen
06-22-2014, 06:25 AM
I am inclined to believe Jason Miltenberger is mostly correct; make the game more of a marathon rather than a sprint. I believe the PvE should be fairly challenging. I do agree that many items are too expensive, though. It was cool to see the 20 tokens and 80 gold deal back because, hey, who doesn't love to spin the slots? Speaking of which, I think the main flaw in the slots is that the jackpot gets too high and a few players can zoom up levels way beyond the crowd. I would rather see less of a jackpot but perhaps more of the experience badges or campaign tickets. Things that keep us building mutants. The deal on the Halbeard was a decent one and the gold Sentry for silver was not too bad of a deal either. Some of the mutants are really charming art and it is a shame that we have to sell some of our sets to make room for new mutants. It would be cool if we could put some of our sets in "Cold Storage" letting us keep our sets but just having our most pertinent mutants ready to fight and with perhaps a few on display just because they are cool. It might also be less of a strain on our computers because the flash in this game can stall my whole computer and I play on a fairly recent Mac desktop.

Aaron Hartley
06-22-2014, 06:47 AM
Boobies

HA! You said "BOOBIES!"

But, YEAH... I'm actually responsible for a great deal of the SHC influx of players... I regret it now.

I don't think they know what type of resource we could have been... They sure screwed that pooch... :(

Also... Electric banana!

,,!,,

'Jerry Miller
06-22-2014, 01:34 PM
I have 1 thing to say only one Goddamn thing "POTATO Now where the hell is the Godamn Batmoblile .....Dang it Z.C:smilet-digitalpoint..

Stan Shc Afd
06-23-2014, 01:12 AM
you ruined the game PERIOD

Zero
06-23-2014, 01:52 AM
I just hope they didn't permanently remove the Gold Star from PVP rewards because that's another step in the wrong direction...