PDA

View Full Version : Is the daily reward legit?

Neil Law
07-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Doesn't seem to matter what I do - either pick the same spot every day for several weeks or change my selection, I almost always end up with passes or mutosterone. In the months I've been playing I've only gotten gold once and never a star.

James Wash
07-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Doesn't seem to matter what I do - either pick the same spot every day for several weeks or change my selection, I almost always end up with passes or mutosterone. In the months I've been playing I've only gotten gold once and never a star.

That's because the prizes don't have equal odds of appearing. Almost anyone seeing 9 covered spots would think, "9 prizes, 9 spots covered, 1 chance in 9 of getting any one of those prizes." No, that's not the kobojo way. Each prize has different odds of winning, so they can't actually be under each hex before you pick.

There's nothing under any spot until you pick it. Then, something is chosen based on it's odds of appearing (some choices, like the gold, have a much lower chance of appearing). The other possible choices are then randomly scattered under the unchosen spots.

For example; if gold has a 1% chance, you'd miss it 99/100 of the time with it randomly appearing in one of the unchosen spots.

Most people are confused by this and feel that something fishy is going on because they miss the gold so often. Considering how small the prizes are, it would be better if kojobo switched to a straight 1 in 9 probability for all the prizes.