PDA

View Full Version : How come a lot of people are so negative about the Mutant Slots?

Syzygian
07-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Seems like everywhere I go on the internet, for something to do with this game, people are always bashing the slot machine as being a "Terrible way to spend your gold". I'm intrigued to see how that's actually rationalized by the majority of the player base, considering that, with a bit of maths, the results are quite irrefutable. Mutant Slots are a great way to spend gold. The literal only time you'd not be profiting from playing the slots is if you got 10K credits every single spin, in which case, probability is entirely against that happening.

It'd be like flipping 6 coins 100 times and getting heads every single time, for all 600 flips. Nearly impossible.

So let's break this down;

Say you bought the "Most Popular" gold pack option. 640 gold. That entitles you to 64 spins.

At least 20 of those spins are going to be credit rewards of varying values. I average about 2 million credits.
At least 15 of those spins are going to be boosters of some kind, EXP cans/jars, medkits, campaign passes.
All the rest will be things like Bronze/Silver/Gold stars, free spins, gold rewards (Free spins), Reactor tokens, etc.

Going by all the cheapest versions of the items and the averages I've noticed over all spins, done in 64 spin increments;

2,000,000 Credits = 600 Gold.
15 x EXP can = 600 Gold.
5 x Bronze Star = 250 Gold.
1 x Reactor Token = 400 Gold.

I would consider that kind of haul from 64 spins to actually be on the poorer side of the scale, compared to what I usually get and you're still making a considerable amount off it, compared to if you were going to buy the items outright from the store.

That said, I don't condone gambling and would like to make it clear that if you play slots, play them responsibly and not like I do. :drunk:

Any thoughts?

Zero
07-21-2014, 03:41 AM
The only people that SHOULD complain is the people who use Gold instead of tokens. Even then so people complain because about 80% of the time all you get is 10k or 20k credits which are so very miniscule that they don't help at all. As for the Bronze Star those are received for free just by leveling up so their shop value is meaningless.

Syzygian
07-21-2014, 09:11 AM
The only people that SHOULD complain is the people who use Gold instead of tokens. Even then so people complain because about 80% of the time all you get is 10k or 20k credits which are so very miniscule that they don't help at all. As for the Bronze Star those are received for free just by leveling up so their shop value is meaningless.

Hahaha. True that.

I've read some threads before, insulting Kobojo and demanding a "refund" because they didn't get anything with their Jackpot tokens. That kinda stuff is all over the wiki talk pages too.

Oh, on a different note; How did PvP go for you? Ended up finally giving in to the grind.
Finished in Grand Masters, not bad for my first tournament. :emmersed:

David Deal
07-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Congrats, I finished the same. I stopped worrying about rank the last 2 days. Decided to focus on pl'in my mutants up. I'm hoping to have all of mine lvl 21 by the end of this tournament.