PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on PVP Attack/Defense team

Howard
07-21-2014, 09:49 PM
I've been playing for maybe just over a month now, and have been having a hard time with PVP for the past few days. Maybe I can have a bit of help.

Prior to the last few days I can constantly be within the 1%, but the past few days I have been struggling. It could either be an update, or maybe it is because I have upgraded my EVO center the past few days (went from 20-22). I've been dumbfounded, like a couple days ago while I was sleeping, I was attacked 24 times, won maybe 33%-50%, yet somehow lost about 240 points, the night after I lost another 70 after having to grind back up. The last hour of the PVP I dropped from silver to just the reactor token! So I am at a loss.

Anyways, thats my rant, so let's move on. Maybe you can help me with an attack and/or defense team. Here is a list of my notable mutants.

Gold Level 22:
Enforcer
Techno Taoist (Reactor)
Zomborg (I wanted Dead bot!)
Captain Wrenchfury (Reactor)

Gold, not yet Level 22
Beetle Bot (Reactor)
Autonorush
Star Trooper
Battle Toad

Misc; most likely obsolete
Captain Peace
Oriax
Easter Gunny

I don't mind suggestions for breeding as well; but should be noted I only have 1 or 2 Gold stars left, but also ~3 battles away from a Gold star in PvE. I am also thinking of trying to get a Gold Xenos or Deadbot, and working on Mr Marvelous.

I am thinking for my attack team Captain Wrenchfury, a tank, One of the Gold Lightning Pack depending on situation. Defense, I'm not sure.

Also, I don't use tags.

Thanks a lot, any feedback is appreciated.

Zero
07-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Just use the Lightning mutants.

Howard
07-22-2014, 12:44 AM
Hmm, using the 3 lightning did not really occur me to. Probably because I'm a newly converted speed mutant (mostly used tanks and hybrid), and have only enjoyed Captain Wrenchfury. Plus I'm a bit iffy on Battle Toad, as it has touching genes. Maybe I should try to breed a Xenos as it has better genes and I do run into a fair amount of Cybers.

I'll give it a go once all are level 22 in a couple days; but I will miss my Captain Wrench though. Spent a lot of tokens to obtain it too!

Any changes I should make with Attack/Defense? I've always more or less kept the same for both.

Zero
07-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Hmm, using the 3 lightning did not really occur me to. Probably because I'm a newly converted speed mutant (mostly used tanks and hybrid), and have only enjoyed Captain Wrenchfury. Plus I'm a bit iffy on Battle Toad, as it has touching genes. Maybe I should try to breed a Xenos as it has better genes and I do run into a fair amount of Cybers.

I'll give it a go once all are level 22 in a couple days; but I will miss my Captain Wrench though. Spent a lot of tokens to obtain it too!

Any changes I should make with Attack/Defense? I've always more or less kept the same for both.

Then you can breed a Cerberus or Undead Dragon, though to be honest i don't like the latter because it's too slow.

John MacDonald
07-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Gold Autonorush and 2 Gold Star Troopers has had me in Grandmaster for a very long time.

I'm pretty sure swapping out one Star Trooper for a Battle Toad won't be a bad idea. Heck - I'd do it if I had the Battle Toad.

Howard
07-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the input. I can't wait to give the Gold Autonorush, Star Trooper (I love how it's attack is Order 66. Totally want to get an Oida and Chaos), and Battle Toad. They are Level 18, 16, and 10 respectively, so hopefully by tomorrow and can test them out. Gotta love triple XP, just started training them last night!

A Gold Cerberus sounds like a great idea to possibly sub in for Battle toad. Easy to breed too. (Don't like Undead Dragon for the same reasons)

David Deal
07-22-2014, 03:20 PM
I love my gold scarebear not lightning but hits hard and is pretty fast.

Zero
07-22-2014, 03:39 PM
I love my gold scarebear not lightning but hits hard and is pretty fast.

I don't like the mutants with 6 speed, they don't have the benefit of double attacks like the mutants with 7+ speed have, nor do they have the cataclysmal attack that the 5 speed mutants have.

John MacDonald
07-22-2014, 04:02 PM
So as I've stated before, I ran a lightning team and have pretty consistently placed in the top 1%.

I also picked up the gold Tank pack and I thought I'd give some feedback. Specifically, I faced a level 106(I'm 59) with an Evo center above mine(Not by a lot, but still)

A gold Horus
A gold Enforcer
A gold(Duh) Mr. Marvelous

In the first turn, he killed off my Space Invader before I could strike. He had a couple of guys attack and had a decent tag.

I then responded and killed off the Enforcer and Mr. Marvelous with a single hit each(And a tag on Mr. Marvelous).

Horus took a few attacks and killed off Triple B.

I then one-shotted Horus.

Mathematically, fast and slow are reasonably similar More shots means more chances of a critical(Advantage: Fast) and the ability to use a strong tag to wipe out one of their mutants(Advantage: Fast).

The advantage slow mutants have depend on whether or not they survive to strike back. Fast mutants get one-shotted by similarly levelled slow mutants. (Advantage: Slow)

At higher levels, I think Tanks have a lot of potential as the value of tags correspondingly goes down. With better tags, the faster mutants are better. With less good tags, the slower mutants are better.(Depending on genes)

Howard
07-22-2014, 04:55 PM
I was tempted to grab the regular scarebear with 7000 gold then use said gold to grab both Tank and Lightning pack, but decided not to due to the tanks being excruciatingly slow. I tend to prefer slightly fast tanks at 4+ speed.

John MacDonald: That a very good observation; which makes me weary as I do not use Tags at all. Don't have many friends that play MGG and the ones that do are much too weak. Plus I don't like adding random people to my Facebook. (Had I known I would have created a new Facebook account at the beginning).

But for me, I noticed a bit of the opposite (Maybe because I am only level 22 EVO at 54 fame). When level 20 under, I can basically rely on tanks and place in the 1% (mostly using Oriax/Reactor Taoist, Captain Peace, Bronze Enforcer). But upon leveling up to from 20 to 22 earlier this week, that team has become obsolete due to most of the players having Wrenchfurys (or other speeds, Mr. Marv and bought mutants (Mainly Absolems and Halbeards) plus tags. They will destroy 1 mutant before it attacks; sometimes 2 if they use a tag.

I then had to desperately do something and finally got luck with getting a Wrenchfury myself (17 tries total over the past few weeks), and bred myself a gold enforcer. The Team of Enforcer, Taoist, Wrenchfury was decent enough for attacking, but not sufficient in defense. Which is why I am opting for all speed, or 2 speed 1 semi-tank.

This of course could change into what you observed once I level up more, plus the fact of not having Tags as well. Hopefully another tank pack will be released when that time comes.

David Deal
07-22-2014, 06:38 PM
My guess is that tanks start out classing speed (except if they tag a tank) at high 20s because of the higher base hp and attack vs a constant speed. That assumes scaling is % of base stats across all mutants vs set values for each mutant

Zero
07-22-2014, 09:06 PM
So as I've stated before, I ran a lightning team and have pretty consistently placed in the top 1%.

I also picked up the gold Tank pack and I thought I'd give some feedback. Specifically, I faced a level 106(I'm 59) with an Evo center above mine(Not by a lot, but still)

A gold Horus
A gold Enforcer
A gold(Duh) Mr. Marvelous

In the first turn, he killed off my Space Invader before I could strike. He had a couple of guys attack and had a decent tag.

I then responded and killed off the Enforcer and Mr. Marvelous with a single hit each(And a tag on Mr. Marvelous).

Horus took a few attacks and killed off Triple B.

I then one-shotted Horus.

Mathematically, fast and slow are reasonably similar More shots means more chances of a critical(Advantage: Fast) and the ability to use a strong tag to wipe out one of their mutants(Advantage: Fast).

The advantage slow mutants have depend on whether or not they survive to strike back. Fast mutants get one-shotted by similarly levelled slow mutants. (Advantage: Slow)

At higher levels, I think Tanks have a lot of potential as the value of tags correspondingly goes down. With better tags, the faster mutants are better. With less good tags, the slower mutants are better.(Depending on genes)
Hsi team wasn't fast though, he had one Very Fast, one Intermediate and one Slow

Howard
07-23-2014, 04:37 AM
So after leveling up the 3 lightning I started the PvP and went 1-4 (the 1 being the first battle and facing a level 6. But it could have been due to either not using them properly or being poorly matched since its the beginning of the tournament.

I ended up using Gold Enforcer + 2 Lightning (swapping which ever seems appropriate), and now am 6-5 (still only at 22% now, but it's just the start).

Maybe things will even out with match making as the week progresses and I can use 3 mutants, but ATM it seems like adding an Enforcer helps. I kept my defense as the 3 lightning to see what happens.

John MacDonald
07-23-2014, 03:50 PM
So after leveling up the 3 lightning I started the PvP and went 1-4 (the 1 being the first battle and facing a level 6. But it could have been due to either not using them properly or being poorly matched since its the beginning of the tournament.

I ended up using Gold Enforcer + 2 Lightning (swapping which ever seems appropriate), and now am 6-5 (still only at 22% now, but it's just the start).

Maybe things will even out with match making as the week progresses and I can use 3 mutants, but ATM it seems like adding an Enforcer helps. I kept my defense as the 3 lightning to see what happens.

A level 6? What level are you?

Having decent spreads of genes doesn't mean anything until you hit level 5 and can use 'em.

My defense team is:

Gold Storm Trooper: Level 25
Gold Autonorush: Level 25
Gold Storm Trooper: Level 25

That has netted me a Grandmaster in every tournament since I started putting them in.

Howard
07-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Lol, I am level 54 with 22 EVO. That level 6 was my very first battle this PvP season, and must have been an outlier. After that I was mostly matched with significantly higher levels.

Either way, I have stuck to the 3 lightning, my ratio for defending was a bit over 50% but still netted negative points due to mainly having +10s and -20s which is annoying.

But now after a while as things start to average out properly, I've been doing better with the Lightning pack (2% now). I guess it was just the early stages where a lot of the high levels have not yet progressed up to their proper ranking and I being matched with them. I have currently lined up to face a level 111 fame player which I will probably skip.

Anyways, up against a team of tanks I can beat a good percent. My only struggles tend to be tank teams with tags (I don't use tags), teams with the mutant that looks like things in the matrix, along with players level 75 fame or more.

Either way, the lightning team is quite fun and I'll stick with it for at least until the last couple days of this PvP.

Howard
07-24-2014, 09:15 PM
I thinking of trying out Autonorush, Star Trooper, and Cerberus, or maybe buying a Louis for Autonorush, Star Trooper, Louis (If it is worth it; though it is not gold, but does seem to have gold stats?).

I would prefer to have necro as first gene though, but Undead Dragon is a no. Or maybe just a Xenos, as I tend to run into Cybers a lot and is quite fast as well.

Zero
07-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Loius is actually pretty good

Howard
07-24-2014, 11:03 PM
Looks like it. Today I was thinking of which to buy to finish my team. A Beast-Necro should help with a balanced team, and it seems like either Gold Cerberus or Louis (Pseudo-Gold) are the best with said genes. Though I would probably prefer Necro-Beast but choices are slim.

I also comteplated buying the Tank pack, but 3.5ish is too slow for my liking, and Louis is not bad at 4.3ish. Azog/Absolem/Halbeard are also choices, but don't know which, and genes aren't that desirable in comparison to Louis.

Ill have to keep thinking :P

A lightning Necro-Beast (Zombat) would be magical: Autonorush-Star Trooper-Zombat. I must get my hands on one somehow