PDA

View Full Version : Tags should attack when it's their turn based on their speed

James Wash
07-24-2014, 07:21 AM
I think the biggest flaw in the current tag system is that the tag attack is based on the speed of the mutant it's helping, not on its own speed.

It doesn't make any sense for a Zombat's attack(speed 11.11) to immediately trigger a tag attack by a Buck Maurice (3.33 speed) before any of his opponents much faster than Buck can attack. This unbalances the game too much in the fastest mutants favor since it usually immediately kills the slightly slower mutant before he gets off one shot. Once you're down one, recovery is very difficult.

A more sensible approach would be for the tag to attack just as all the other mutants do: based on its own speed. Not only would it bring more balance to the game, it would allow more strategy: hit early but lighter or hit later but smashing?

It would also bring a rock/paper/scissors element to the combat itself. Differing combinations of an opponent's mutant speeds would require differing the speeds of your own mutants. That's much more fun than the current guy-with-the-fastest-mutant-usually-wins configuration.

John MacDonald
07-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Early on, that is definitely the case. However, it all boils down to basic math. Here's a fight between 2 level 1 users - One Lightning and one Tank.

Gold Autonorush:

Speed: 11.11
Cyber attack: 341
Mythic attack: 341
Health: 1380

Compare that to an Invadron:

Gold Invadron:

Speed: 3.57
Cyber attack: 1212
Xeno attack: 1212
Health: 2276

The Autonorush gets 3 attacks to take out the Invadron before the Invadron strikes back. Its 3 attacks will cause a total of 1023 damage before the Invadron strikes back with a one-hit kill. That means that the Autonorush needs a tag that causes 1247 points of damage at level 1. The Invadron needs a tag that wil cause 168 points of damage at level 1 for a one hit kill.

At lower levels, as Tags end up causing huge damage, in a 3 on 3 battle you will often result in 2 dead tanks before he can kill one of your Speeders. This means the Tank ends up losing simply because Tanks are worth so much.

As you gain levels, you will find that friends will have dropped out, some will not be playing as much - Tags will be worth less. In this scenario, the Tanks are worth a whole lot more. At higher levels, you will see 1 dead tank, 1 heavily wounded tank and then 2 dead Lightning before the last Lightning takes his second turn, kills off Tank 2 and then gets killed off by Tank 3.

Tl;dnr - Lightning rules the roost only in the early days. Math is on the Tanks side when tags no longer keep up with your level.

Howard
07-24-2014, 01:38 PM
I fair idea; not sure how it would benefit or affect me, as I don't use tags. Though most my losses tend to be players with tags.

I actually would prefer if they removed tags entirely or even a division with no tags, as too many of my losses are from tags which is a bit annoying. Or at least make it that if you use tags you gain 10 or lose to a tag you don't lose ~25 points. Nothing more annoying then leading the battle, then get pillaged by a tag AND losing 23 points then having a hard earned win (even against tags) and only gaining 10.

Zero
07-24-2014, 02:13 PM
I fair idea; not sure how it would benefit or affect me, as I don't use tags. Though most my losses tend to be players with tags.

I actually would prefer if they removed tags entirely or even a division with no tags, as too many of my losses are from tags which is a bit annoying. Or at least make it that if you use tags you gain 10 or lose to a tag you don't lose ~25 points. Nothing more annoying then leading the battle, then get pillaged by a tag AND losing 23 points then having a hard earned win (even against tags) and only gaining 10.

That's a worse option in my opinion, as that will heavily favor the slowest mutants with highest health being used by players with the higher levels. At least with faster mutants the lower level players have a chance at beating the higher level players, and the reason you lose so much and gain so little is because you lose to lower level players, that's a downside of being high level. With tags, lower level players have a chance at beating the higher levels, otherwise it would just be completely in favor of high level players.

Howard
07-24-2014, 02:26 PM
I understand the helping lower level players matching up with higher players with tags, but what irks me is similar or higher level players beating me with tags. I run into higher level players the most too :P

John MacDonald
07-24-2014, 04:30 PM
I understand the helping lower level players matching up with higher players with tags, but what irks me is similar or higher level players beating me with tags. I run into higher level players the most too :P

I don't mind losing to tags. I do dislike losing because the game crashed before the fight even started, though.

Howard
07-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Or crashing mid/end battle while winning...

It's been happen more frequently in campaign lately too